Reveal 13 Live!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cjk

Re: Reveal 13 Live!

Post by cjk »

SPY27 UKPK !!! Magnacut UKPK Salt already announced!!

:thinking I guess it's a great time to have oppressive knife laws. :woozy
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Some really fantastic stuff; liking the Leafjumper and the Superblue sprints!
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
CDEP

Post by CDEP »

Today I learned that there is a gaping hole in my soul that can only be filled by a LW Chief in SPY27.
Brian
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

Can't wait for the M4 Tenacious. It might be their best design.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

So no SE black digicam M2? I was hoping to dye one blue to match my PE M1.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Thank you for the heads-up Kristi! :bug-red
Last edited by AlexRus on Thu May 25, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stas

Post by Stas »

:smiling-hearts Chief SPY27, Tenacious in M4 and the Leafjumper in K390 please
Recent favourites: Massad Ayoob CPM CRU-WEAR PE & SE, Yojimbo 2, Lil' Temperance 3.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I have been waiting awhile for a SE Military. Awesome!
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Wow! That is a lot of new Native Chiefs. I am very happy that this model is still being updated, thank you Sal!!!

:party-face

Does anyone know, are these all Sprints? I'd very much like to get one of each for my Spyderco Native Chief collection but that is going to be a herculean task if they are all Sprints.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Naperville wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:56 am
Wow! That is a lot of new Native Chiefs. I am very happy that this model is still being updated, thank you Sal!!!

:party-face

Does anyone know, are these all Sprints? I'd very much like to get one of each for my Spyderco Native Chief collection but that is going to be a herculean task if they are all Sprints.
The Native Chiefs are not in the Sprint Run section of the reveal. I am glad that they should all be regular production.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Guts

Post by Guts »

Some nice stuff in this reveal. Been wanting to try a Native Chief so the SPY27 version sounds perfect. Excited for the K390 Leafjumper, been wanting one of those since I like my Rockjumper quite a bit. Still waiting on the K390 Lil Temp3 though so guessing it could be a while before we actually see that new Leafjumper. Really like the leaf shaped Manbug and an M4 Tenacious, wow. The new Microjimbo looks great and the new Mule looks interesting as well. I should start budgeting for all this stuff I guess ;)
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I think some will have wanted to see some totally unknown new designs or will have expected some of the new stuff we know bits about.
For me it is a great reveal, though, and there are several knives I have been hoping for.

I was really surprised by the the Subvert Sprint, which is actually going to be about the same price as the original. That means it is still pricey, but I might have to try to save for one sooner than I anticipated. I don’t want miss out on this slightly lighter, more corrosion resistant, and more practical Sprint of the only non-hawkbill or “reverse-s” recurve in Spyderco’s current line.

I’m still looking for serrated Spy27, but I am really happy to see more of it on models I like. The Chief is the longer blade I want. The UKPK is under $100 and now Golden is making Spy27 knives with Comp locks, Backlocks, CBBLs, and SLIPITs.
That’s all pretty cool.

Especially happy that there will be K390 Leafjumpers sooner than later!

There are a lot of good knives in this one.

I’ll probably get a few Sharpkeepers.

And the year is only halfway through.
Thankfully most of what I want will probably stick around long enough that I don’t have to worry about missing out.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
horzuff

Post by horzuff »

The SPY27 Chief :smiling-heart-eyes . Plus maybe a full serrated, all-black Millie 2 and the M4 Tenacious?

Great reveal all around
VashHash wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:47 am
So no SE black digicam M2? I was hoping to dye one blue to match my PE M1.
You can always get the all black serrated and try and find someone to trade scales with :)
Forge808

Post by Forge808 »

Mahalo Sal and crew for giving us the K390 Leafjumper! I knew the RJ wouldn’t be getting the upgrade so I’m happy we have a premium steel for a lw handle forward design. Perfect edc knife for my schmedium hands.

Also love how beautiful the Stretch 2 Xl came out. It a wonderful expression of Japanese design with its Damascus pattern pairing with the Nishijin scales. Seki at its finest and a fine farewell to the last of the Nishijin material. I guess I’ll start saving now because I’m sure it’s going to cost quite a bit.

Lots of other sweet knives and accessories but those are my two must haves.
Ric

Post by Ric »

Maybe a microjimbo
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

This is an especially great reveal. Not for me in particular, but for forumites in general. The Chiefs, Microjimbos and Military 2 will make a lot of folks happy!

As for me, I'm most interested in the M4 Tenacious, the Nishijin Stretch 2 XL and the K294 Mule.

The coolest may be the Subvert. I might be tempted because it's huge and cool, but not for what it'll cost. Does anyone know what the Subvert's purpose is?
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I agree, this is a pretty awesome Reveal! Lots of great stuff in there for us Chief and Millie lovers, and that CF Subvert, oh my!!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

cjk wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 11:18 am
SPY27 UKPK !!! Magnacut UKPK Salt already announced!!

:thinking I guess it's a great time to have oppressive knife laws. :woozy
It's nice of them to think about those who can't choose between many models !

As far as I'm concerned, I'm still waiting on the Military 2 of course but the Native Chief LW in SPY27 will also be an instant buy.
The CTS-BD1N version might not end up in my home since I'm 1 for 3 on this steel. Maybe I got two lemons but I find it very brittle (and I use Maxamet and S110V without issue). Maybe I'm more care free while using BD1N.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Coastal wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:01 pm
This is an especially great reveal. Not for me in particular, but for forumites in general. The Chiefs, Microjimbos and Military 2 will make a lot of folks happy!

As for me, I'm most interested in the M4 Tenacious, the Nishijin Stretch 2 XL and the K294 Mule.

The coolest may be the Subvert. I might be tempted because it's huge and cool, but not for what it'll cost. Does anyone know what the Subvert's purpose is?
From what I’ve read it is just intended to be a large, functional, folding knife. The designer is well known for liking exotic aesthetics and used to be a jeweler.
I think you can see those relatively opposing philosophies coming together in this knife.

From my perspective, there are definitely things the knife would do well for me, although not every feature can be ideal.
Good reach and outs of edge, thick handle for better ergos, good blade steel, robust linerlock, and corrosion resistant materials are all good.

The wide tip and big belly are good for some things and not others, but that’s a neutral point.

Biggest negative for me is the relative weight and “largeness of carry” that would make it slightly less convenient to carry it in the places it would see real use, like on a kayak. However, the degree of inconvenience that would be depends the kind of kayak, my clothing, etc.
I would genuinely carry a Subvert while kayaking, canoeing, boating and more, here in Florida (there are lots of Spyderco knives that work for this, but all have pros and cons).
It is still pretty reasonable weight for the size of the knife.

I love recurves too.
Unbrokenchain33

Post by Unbrokenchain33 »

The super blue Dragonfly’s already came out, right?