MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Ramonade

Re: MT39P – CPM 15V Mule Team Dropping Soon!

Post by Ramonade »

JoviAl wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:41 am
Is anyone else frantically trying to translate 9am MDT into their local time outside the USA?! 😂 Thank you Spyderco for not doing it at noon your time - catching drops from other brands or distributors always seems to mean staying up until 2am in Singapore.
It's always 900 MDT so I'm used to it :cheap-sunglasses It's either 4 pm or 5pm in France depending on daylight savings.
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

I think the 39th Mule team will be my first (not counting the Mule Team 2).

I’ll have to compare it with a K390 Enuff 2 eventually.

I’m interested in trying fixed blades in this grade of steel.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Cl1ff wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:55 am
I think the 39th Mule team will be my first (not counting the Mule Team 2).

I’ll have to compare it with a K390 Enuff 2 eventually.

I’m interested in trying fixed blades in this grade of steel.
I have a K390 Mule to compare it to, and a K390 PM2 (even if the heat treat must be different on these compared to the Seki K390). I can't wait to compare K390 and 15V on the Mules !

K390 has been delayed because I had projects, But It's gonna be THE Mule that will do the most :grin-big eyes
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm enjoying this steel far far more than I expected so I plan on grabbing two of these.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Fireman wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Can we ask how many produced?

Spyderco usually publishes the quantity of a Mule Team produced only after they’ve sold out in the first post of the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=89168
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

I wonder if this will have the same demand that the MagnaCut Mule had.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:31 pm
I wonder if this will have the same demand that the MagnaCut Mule had.

The MagnaCut Mule Team was 2000 units and sold out in less than 90 minutes on December 3, 2021. In reality, it would’ve sold out in less than 15 minutes but most were getting kicked out or other issues. Things got faster about an hour into the sale.

We don’t know yet how many of the 15V Mule Team were produced.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

sal wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:12 pm
Bemo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:37 pm
I'm surprised the price isn't higher.

Hi Bemo,

We operate on relatively fixed margins. While some (on this forum) have commented that they think we charge high prices and they think we're greedy, that is not the case.

At Spyderco, we feel that "to charge as much as the market will bare is to bite the hand that feeds you".

sal
Hi Sal, I had a carefully crafted reply done this a.m. sadly the computer chaos factor hit. So here's my best attempt to replicate.

I've always thought Spyderco does their best at fair pricing and not being greedy. It's why I have well over 50 (yeah, very conservative estimate) of your products. That and how darn functional they are.
My statement was relative to recent inflation factors; me being ignorant of the costs of steel, heat treat, and grinding; and in light of the recent AEBL release. Had you raised the price by 5$ a blade no one would have blinked I don't think.

I've been amazed by the performance of the the 15v Manix I got. While I would love to grab one of these I'll sit this one out and let others have a shot.

Again, thanks for the company you've built; the community you've built; and all you've done.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Bemo,

Thanx for the support and kind words.

sal
barnaclesonaboat

Post by barnaclesonaboat »

Thanks for the heads up! I am particularly excited to test and try things with 15V in a fixed blade, the steel sounds excellent from a metallurgical standpoint.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

sal wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 10:12 pm
Bemo wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:37 pm
I'm surprised the price isn't higher.

Hi Bemo,

We operate on relatively fixed margins. While some (on this forum) have commented that they think we charge high prices and they think we're greedy, that is not the case.

At Spyderco, we feel that "to charge as much as the market will bare is to bite the hand that feeds you".

sal
I’m keeping this quote, It’s a really amazing way to put it.
GeneH

Post by GeneH »

I really missed out on the Magnacut mule drop- didn't even know such a thing existed. That would have made such a perfect backpacking / canoe tripping blade, especially at that price.

Now really anxious to catch a MT39P CPM 15V.
1095 AUS8 S3 154CM VG10 Nitro V and now - 15V Mule! :bug-white-red
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Gene H:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
GeneH

Post by GeneH »

Thank you!
1095 AUS8 S3 154CM VG10 Nitro V and now - 15V Mule! :bug-white-red
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Gtscotty wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:08 am
Yeah, $75 is a good deal for this blade, wasn't the recent AEBL higher?
It was 5 bucks more, probably owing to the extra cost of producing the knife in Italy, likely due to extra tax/tariffs IMO.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Looking forward to this one!
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

I wonder if the Manix, Pm2 and Shaman has quelled the storm on this Mule release, or if there's just a calm before the storm... because this Mule has had some of the least anticipatory discussion regarding it, almost in Mule Team discussion, to date. All that after just how much of a tsunami that 15V has made throughout at least the Spydieverse just seems aloof, to me ',:-|.

That said, I'm in for 2, if it be that way.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

weeping minora wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:37 pm
I wonder if the Manix, Pm2 and Shaman has quelled the storm on this Mule release, or if there's just a calm before the storm... because this Mule has had some of the least anticipatory discussion regarding it, almost in Mule Team discussion, to date. All that after just how much of a tsunami that 15V has made throughout at least the Spydieverse just seems aloof, to me ',:-|.

I think that now everyone has tried one and seen how bad they are there is no demand…

All joking aside there are other threads on here that have discussed 15v extensively so there is not much more to talk about other than getting down and using them.
Last edited by WilliamMunny on Tue May 23, 2023 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

WilliamMunny wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 6:13 pm
weeping minora wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 1:37 pm

I think that now every has tried one and seen how bad they are there is no demand…

All joking aside there are other threads on here that have discussed 15v there is not much more to talk about other than getting down and using them.
Maybe this was a way for Spyderco to reverse engineer the interest in the MULE TEAM project, if the steel has already been released as a sprint into their folder line-up :thinking?

Anyhow, I don't favor the three models that have been released so far (and I'm not a real big fan of the whole sprint game, to boot), so this MULE will at least give me the chance to play until perhaps a model that I agree more with has time to bear fruit.
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
sal

Post by sal »

We were asked to make a Mule with Shawn's heat Treat, so we did. Where we go with 15V is sill a question, but this Mule will give some an opportunity to compare this steel/heat treat to other steels in an "Apples to Apples" format.

sal