Which spyderco is in the mail?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: Which spyderco is in the mail?

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

USPS…sometimes 👍 sometimes 👎
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Have a KnifeJoy exclusive Lil' Native with pink G10 scales on the way
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Just arrived today.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:02 am
Just arrived today.

I so sorry , there is no cure for the Shaman virus ! :winking-tongue :winking-tongue Buddy Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

These two are arriving soon:

RugerNurse

Post by RugerNurse »

Salt 2 in LC200N is coming from DLT
Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:18 am
apollo wrote:
Just arrived today.

I so sorry , there is no cure for the Shaman virus ! :winking-tongue :winking-tongue Buddy Dan
Buddy you are so spot on. Like the many viruses Spyderco release in the boxes of there knives this one has indeed no cure. Only buying new ones will temper the effects slightly and for a short while… :zany
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageToday . MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:20 am
ImageToday . MG2
Nice my friend, I caved in and bought some stuff too this month :

The Mantra 3 is a design I did not expect to love that much, the edge coming that close to the handle is so good. Only problem is that brand new the tip is almost snagging already. It's a rather tall blade but it won't handle tons of sharpenings without needing modification... I disassembled it upon receival like every knife, and it seems that making a different design of scales would be the best option here.

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:15 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:20 am
ImageToday . MG2

The Mantra 3 is a design I did not expect to love that much, the edge coming that close to the handle is so good. Only problem is that brand new the tip is almost snagging already. It's a rather tall blade but it won't handle tons of sharpenings without needing modification... I disassembled it upon receival like every knife, and it seems that making a different design of scales would be the best option here.

I like it and like it better once you do your magic ! 🤗 Buddy Dan
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:31 am
I like it and like it better once you do your magic ! 🤗 Buddy Dan
Thanks :winking-tongue but since it has nested liners it's not gonna need some much needed tooling before hand !
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:15 am

The only one I have with that issue is a Gayle Bradley Advocate. It hasn't snagged yet, but you can feel the tip when it's closed.

Did you run into any issues when you took apart that 15V PM2? I took my Crucarta apart the other day and the lanyard tube was a problem. Do you have any tricks for getting that thing out and back in?

Here is one that I'm very excited about receiving from the postman this afternoon:

benja-man

Post by benja-man »

Having a Lil Native Wharncliffe sent to Germany, planning for it to be my new workbench knife.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

HolySteel wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:56 am
The only one I have with that issue is a Gayle Bradley Advocate. It hasn't snagged yet, but you can feel the tip when it's closed.

Did you run into any issues when you took apart that 15V PM2? I took my Crucarta apart the other day and the lanyard tube was a problem. Do you have any tricks for getting that thing out and back in?

Here is one that I'm very excited about receiving from the postman this afternoon:
[picture of a sexy knife]
The JD Smith is one of the Spydercos I wished I had the opportunity to buy... So beautiful !!

As for the PM2, I went for really not liking it because of a first one that had issues (S45VN version, but I was unlucky that's all)
to, well, this...

I never had much problems disassembling it. However it is not the same thing with the CruCarta version. Since the micarta scales are really thin and flexible, you need to be careful. I usually take one of my Wiha screwdrivers that has electrical tape generously stuck around its shaft. I put it through the lanyard hole while holding the scale and liner side it's still stuck in. Then I gently go from left to right while putting a bit of upward pressure. The lanyard tube works itself out of the scale and liner after some back and forth.

I don't know if it is really clear, but it looks like that :

HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:35 pm

The JD Smith is one of the Spydercos I wished I had the opportunity to buy... So beautiful !!

As for the PM2, I went for really not liking it because of a first one that had issues (S45VN version, but I was unlucky that's all)
to, well, this...

I never had much problems disassembling it. However it is not the same thing with the CruCarta version. Since the micarta scales are really thin and flexible, you need to be careful. I usually take one of my Wiha screwdrivers that has electrical tape generously stuck around its shaft. I put it through the lanyard hole while holding the scale and liner side it's still stuck in. Then I gently go from left to right while putting a bit of upward pressure. The lanyard tube works itself out of the scale and liner after some back and forth.

I don't know if it is really clear, but it looks like that :
Thanks - that's great information! I'll add that when I couldn't quite get the lanyard tube back through the Micarta, I wrapped the end of the knife in t-shirt cloth, opened my pliers so they wouldn't smash too hard, and it popped back in very quickly and easily. But hand pressure wasn't working.

That JD Smith was a lucky find - I was looking at a thread here about knives we'd like to see Sprint runs of, saw the JD Smith, immediately checked ebay and made a deal on one. It just arrived, and I love it. If they ever do a Sprint run I'll probably buy two more.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

HolySteel wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:19 pm

Thanks - that's great information! I'll add that when I couldn't quite get the lanyard tube back through the Micarta, I wrapped the end of the knife in t-shirt cloth, opened my pliers so they wouldn't smash too hard, and it popped back in very quickly and easily. But hand pressure wasn't working.

That JD Smith was a lucky find - I was looking at a thread here about knives we'd like to see Sprint runs of, saw the JD Smith, immediately checked ebay and made a deal on one. It just arrived, and I love it. If they ever do a Sprint run I'll probably buy two more.
I often did impulse buy to fill my current production and various steel urge, but now that I have almost everything I tend to go for discontinued models !

I'd like to find a Goddard LW one of these days (in Europe of course, a bit harder :winking-tongue )
I have to say that someone made a lanyard tube remover for the Para 2 and 3, but I think that unless you risk damaging your knife doing it, there's "safe" ways to do it.

HolySteel

Post by HolySteel »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:15 pm

I often did impulse buy to fill my current production and various steel urge, but now that I have almost everything I tend to go for discontinued models !

I'd like to find a Goddard LW one of these days (in Europe of course, a bit harder :winking-tongue )
I have to say that someone made a lanyard tube remover for the Para 2 and 3, but I think that unless you risk damaging your knife doing it, there's "safe" ways to do it.
I don't usually get the same model multiple times unless I want to save one - I did that with the Siren and Wegner. I love my Crucarta PM2 but had no plans to get another until I got caught up in that '15V madness'.

It sounds like we have similar tastes in the discontinued models - I have a Goddard LW that has never cut anything. I had planned to use it as my fishing knife, but then discovered the Siren, which is perfect for any fishing task I can think of. If all I had was a Wegner or GB2, and a Siren, I'd be okay. The Goddard is a beautiful knife, with engraving on the blade, but it's kind of blade-heavy.
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:18 am
apollo wrote:
Just arrived today.

Very nice!
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
VooDooChild

Post by VooDooChild »

Ugh... spent more than I should have.

Endura 4 titanium damascus and a Subvert.

I have wanted both for a long time.
"Rome's greatest contribution to mathematics was the killing of Archimedes."
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Thanks to the alert thread, I have a 15V Shaman on the way.