Knife & Gun Thread

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Knife & Gun Thread

Post by MacLaren »

Post em up gang
Thought this thread might be fun
Smith & Wesson 27-2 & LHK Ranger
soc_monki

Re: Knife & Gun Thread

Post by soc_monki »

Was just about to post a thread myself! Figured I needed an updated "gun thread" since I've added lately...

Sig M18, Sportsmans Warehouse exclusive Sig P320 X Carry, Tisas Stingray 9mm, Arex Delta L and X, Walther PDP 4", and Beretta APX A1.

Need to get new pics of the ARs. Might do that now!

Both cheap, but fun! Top is really cheap, but the red dot has been surprisingly reliable so far. Feels the same as my Holosun but about half price. Of course I have irons just in case.
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageSorry late to party . Heavy mod Glock 21 , Steve Kelly custom Baby Skinner ltd. Edition, and Mr.Bradley. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
benben

Post by benben »

soc_monki wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:28 am
Was just about to post a thread myself! Figured I needed an updated "gun thread" since I've added lately...

Sig M18, Sportsmans Warehouse exclusive Sig P320 X Carry, Tisas Stingray 9mm, Arex Delta L and X, Walther PDP 4", and Beretta APX A1.

Need to get new pics of the ARs. Might do that now!

How do you like your PDP? I’m thinking of buying my daughter a 4” PDP-F Female specific Walther. It’s between it and a 43X, everything on paper points to the PDP-F, of course we’ll rent both and do a side by side comparison first. She shoots my G26 really good, it’s her favorite of all the pistols I own.

Both cheap, but fun! Top is really cheap, but the red dot has been surprisingly reliable so far. Feels the same as my Holosun but about half price. Of course I have irons just in case.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

benben wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:43 am

How do you like your PDP? I’m thinking of buying my daughter a 4” PDP-F Female specific Walther. It’s between it and a 43X, everything on paper points to the PDP-F, of course we’ll rent both and do a side by side comparison first. She shoots my G26 really good, it’s her favorite of all the pistols I own.
Love the PDP! Was 100% reliable at the range, a little snappy, but comparing it to my Beretta APX and the 1911 is kind of unfair. It's actually a lot of fun to shoot, and pretty light weight. Ergonomics are amazing. Trigger is really good. Some say it's the best out of the box striker fired trigger, but Canik may be a little better (based on the Walther p99), and my Beretta is REALLY good too. But still, Walther has great triggers.

Lots of people get the pdp-f over the regular pdp, even guys! :winking-tongue personally, the pdp is just good, and inexpensive. Fits me well, and the mags aren't too expensive either (got 3 from Family Firearms for right around $100...sig mags are overpriced!). Some have complained of weak mag springs but I haven't had an issue yet, although I did order 5 +10% power springs just in case. They're cheap, so why not?

Tl:Dr I do recommend the Pdp series. Fun to shoot, great ergos, great trigger. Still waiting on my free red dot though... Lol
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
benben

Post by benben »

soc_monki wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:36 am
benben wrote:

Love the PDP! Was 100% reliable at the range, a little snappy, but comparing it to my Beretta APX and the 1911 is kind of unfair. It's actually a lot of fun to shoot, and pretty light weight. Ergonomics are amazing. Trigger is really good. Some say it's the best out of the box striker fired trigger, but Canik may be a little better (based on the Walther p99), and my Beretta is REALLY good too. But still, Walther has great triggers.

Lots of people get the pdp-f over the regular pdp, even guys! :winking-tongue personally, the pdp is just good, and inexpensive. Fits me well, and the mags aren't too expensive either (got 3 from Family Firearms for right around $100...sig mags are overpriced!). Some have complained of weak mag springs but I haven't had an issue yet, although I did order 5 +10% power springs just in case. They're cheap, so why not?

Tl:Dr I do recommend the Pdp series. Fun to shoot, great ergos, great trigger. Still waiting on my free red dot though... Lol
Thank you for the much detailed reply! I’ve read many times from many different places that the PDP and Steyr pistols have fantastic triggers straight out of the box for a striker gun, also our VP9, it has a great trigger! Never fired a Canik before.

One thing you’re right about….couple of weeks back at a gun show a vendor told me he sells way more PDP-F’s to men than to women, he says a guy will pick one up and never sit it back down. That the ergonomics are just so good for someone with small hands, they have no idea it’s a female specific pistol?

I’ve got a “next” list of pistols I’m most interested in….

HK USP Expert 9mm.
HK P2000 V2 9mm.
A CZ of some flavor?
For my daughter, either a Glock 43X or that Walther PDP-F?
And for some reason I really want to try a Steyr, even with their funky trapezoid sights, the one I’ve held before just melted into my hand and it came up and onto target like I’d owned it for years!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

benben wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:56 am
soc_monki wrote:
benben wrote:

Thank you for the much detailed reply! I’ve read many times from many different places that the PDP and Steyr pistols have fantastic triggers straight out of the box for a striker gun, also our VP9, it has a great trigger! Never fired a Canik before.

One thing you’re right about….couple of weeks back at a gun show a vendor told me he sells way more PDP-F’s to men than to women, he says a guy will pick one up and never sit it back down. That the ergonomics are just so good for someone with small hands, they have no idea it’s a female specific pistol?

HK USP Expert 9mm.
HK P2000 V2 9mm.
A CZ of some flavor?
And for some reason I really want to try a Steyr, even with their funky trapezoid sights, the one I’ve held before just melted into my hand and it came up and onto target like I’d owned it for years!
What CZ models are you looking at to purchase? Cajun Guns has a lot of aftermarket goodies for CZ . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
benben

Post by benben »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:49 pm
benben wrote:
soc_monki wrote:
benben wrote:

HK USP Expert 9mm.
HK P2000 V2 9mm.
A CZ of some flavor?
What CZ models are you looking at to purchase? Cajun Guns has a lot of aftermarket goodies for CZ . Dan
Found a decent deal on a Blue TS2, single action, flat trigger, it’s would 100% be a range toy only!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

That sounds like fun ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

benben wrote:

HK USP Expert 9mm.
HK P2000 V2 9mm.
A CZ of some flavor?
The standard PDP definitely has a pretty meaty grip, and I only have the stock medium backstrap on. I don't see a need to go bigger or smaller, but maybe the smaller one might work for people with smaller hands? I hear a lot of people raving about the pdp-f though, so whatever works! I thought about trying one, but decided on the full size, 4" barrel version. No regrets!

I hear Styers are very nice! And CZs, although I just haven't gotten there yet. Maybe one of these days I'll pick one up. Which one though? P10, p07, shadow? So many great choices. I think my Arex Deltas can use p07 or p10 mags... Might look into that.

However, since I've gotten that little Tisas stingray I've become obsessed with 1911 style pistols. Was really considering a Springfield prodigy 4.25, but just kept holding off. Then, I found it. The Stealth Arms Platypus! 1911, doublestack, and uses Glock 17 magazines! After watching The Humble Marksmans video on it I ordered one. Custom built, you pick the options, colors, etc. I couldn't say no, and even picked up a few more glock mags before I even receive it. Going to be a bit but I think it will be worth it!
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

My friend has a Ruger 1911 in 10mm. I'm pretty sure he is in love with that thing. Ruger makes a solid 1911, IMO. While it lacks the panache of the higher tier brands, it does just keep working.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Update on PDP. Got my promotional red dot in! Seems to be decent. I think my Holosun 507k is a little higher quality, but this Ameriglo should do just fine. I'm used to the smaller 507k, this thing is huge! Should be great fun to use. Can't complain! It was the promotion that pushed me to get a PDP, and I have no regrets. Love the gun, and now I'm going to think about getting some backup irons.

soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:26 am
My friend has a Ruger 1911 in 10mm. I'm pretty sure he is in love with that thing. Ruger makes a solid 1911, IMO. While it lacks the panache of the higher tier brands, it does just keep working.
Ruger makes some fine firearms. Wish I had my brother's p89, but he gave it to our oldest brother lol still, I can get one rather cheap any day of the week. Maybe one day. I had a Security 9, but sold it. Shot great, was reliable, just didn't fit me right. It went to a good home though, so no worries.

Wouldn't mind a mini 14 either...play out my A Team fantasies...
benben

Post by benben »

@soc_monki, that PDP slide and serrations looks like it belongs in some kind of industrial machined application, beefy!!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

benben wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:44 am
@soc_monki, that PDP slide and serrations looks like it belongs in some kind of industrial machined application, beefy!!
She is beefy! But surprisingly light weight, if you can believe it. It's like magic, I don't know how they did it. And those serrations, no lack of grip. Love them. My Beretta is similar, but the APX serrations are a bit more aggressive. Sharper, I guess you could say. Lol
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

Y’all don’t laugh cause it’s my entire collection except for a couple .22 rifles and a Remington 7mm mag at a buddy’s house (he working on the 7 mag trigger and re-bluing .22’s)
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

No laughing. 22s deserve love too!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Had to finally add some knives. Got a BPS Savage, great for $35! And a vintage M Klein linemans cleaver. I'm working on the edge. She thick! And being handmade, it's not a perfectly straight or equal thickness anywhere.

Also, Beretta APX A1 and Sig M18. The Beretta is SEVERLY underrated. It's the gun the military maybe should have chosen, but I do love the P320 as well. I mean, I have 2 of them! :winking-tongue
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Great pics fellas!!!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SaltyCaribbeanDfly wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:38 pm

Y’all don’t laugh cause it’s my entire collection except for a couple .22 rifles and a Remington 7mm mag at a buddy’s house (he working on the 7 mag trigger and re-bluing .22’s)
Very nice!! 😎
Are you kiddin? That's an awesome collection