Swick 5 ETA?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: Swick 5 ETA?

Post by RamZar »

All 4 Swick models are in stock at KnifeWorks including the long-awaited Swick5 PlainEdge:

https://knifeworks.com/search.php?searc ... on=product
Last edited by RamZar on Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
SaintZvlkx

Post by SaintZvlkx »

Just got my 5 PE in. Sheath retention feels more tactile and overall feels much closer in handling to the 5. I haven't seen any of the catching or wear I noticed with the 6SE. I think the chisel edge on the SE models is just more prone to catching on the interior of the sheath. As for the knife still thicker behind the edge than I'd like but that's very much in spec with the 4. I may end up popping the scales to wrap the handles, feel like there's a few spots towards the lanyard hole that would benefit. Very excited to see how it performs!
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Just paid for my 3+ year long pre-order Swick 5 PE from Knifecenter!!! :party-face At the price I pre-ordered too! :cheap-sunglasses :hugging-face

Looks like it will be here on Monday. :beaming-face
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi SaintZvlkx,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

SaintZvlkx wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:01 pm
Just got my 5 PE in. Sheath retention feels more tactile and overall feels much closer in handling to the 5. I haven't seen any of the catching or wear I noticed with the 6SE. I think the chisel edge on the SE models is just more prone to catching on the interior of the sheath. As for the knife still thicker behind the edge than I'd like but that's very much in spec with the 4. I may end up popping the scales to wrap the handles, feel like there's a few spots towards the lanyard hole that would benefit. Very excited to see how it performs!

Not saying you should do it but, if you take the scales off, I'd love some pics of the frame and backsides of the scales.
•• Beau
olywa

Post by olywa »

Nat Knives had 'em earlier.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:40 pm
Just paid for my 3+ year long pre-order Swick 5 PE from Knifecenter!!! :party-face At the price I pre-ordered too! :cheap-sunglasses :hugging-face
Awesome! My order is almost exactly 1 year old, and knowing that listers are getting their orders fulfilled is exciting. I had a 2+ year preorder at BHQ before that but they ended up bailing and I don't know what they did more recently.

I am not super into preorders but for things I really want (like my pair of Swick 5s), it's worth it.
vivi

Post by vivi »

mongo1958 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:48 pm
@Vivi They show in stock on the on line Spyderco Catalog.
Thank you for the heads up, but I'll pass.
:unicorn
Ferruginous

Post by Ferruginous »

SaintZvlkx wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:01 pm
Just got my 5 PE in. Sheath retention feels more tactile and overall feels much closer in handling to the 5. I haven't seen any of the catching or wear I noticed with the 6SE. I think the chisel edge on the SE models is just more prone to catching on the interior of the sheath.
I just got my Plain Edge and I noticed all the same things. The PE version is definitely easier to re-sheath, I agree that it's probably because of the stouter grind than the chisel ground serrated version.

These stonewashed LC200N Swicks are gorgeous little knives.

Great job Spyderco.