Talk about the Endela SE

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Craiger12

Re: Talk about the Endela SE

Post by Craiger12 »

OK you guys got me. I just placed an order for an Endela SE with DLT. I have a FFG Salt 2 and FFG Pac Salt, but I like the feel of my SS Stretch with the liners better. This should be the perfect size and a great warm weather carry with the added stain resistance of VG10 over K390.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Craiger12 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:18 am
OK you guys got me. I just placed an order for an Endela SE with DLT. I have a FFG Salt 2 and FFG Pac Salt...

Congrats! I bet you'll find that the Endela serrations cut even better (like a "better PE") than the already very good ffg (Pac) Salt serrations. They are just "mellower " and not "snaggy" at all
Perhaps you'd like to report back your findings, I'd be really interested
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Craiger12

Post by Craiger12 »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:55 am
Craiger12 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:18 am
OK you guys got me. I just placed an order for an Endela SE with DLT. I have a FFG Salt 2 and FFG Pac Salt...

Congrats! I bet you'll find that the Endela serrations cut even better (like a "better PE") than the already very good ffg (Pac) Salt serrations. They are just "mellower " and not "snaggy" at all
Perhaps you'd like to report back your findings, I'd be really interested
I'll try to remember to report back. I have reprofiled my Salt 2 to 15* and like it much better now that the serrations are smoothed out and the bevel is more acute. I have yet to put the work in on my Pac Salt.
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

This did not turned as planned :squinting-tongue
I expected more SE Endela owners to show up and less future owners to swing by !

That's still a very good result. I'm looking forward to what other "new-owners" of this specific Endela will think ;)
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

I have the wharncliff Endela SE. Like it a lot. The bladeshape is a little bit off ( spine is curved instead of a straight line) but i like the cutting ability of a straight edge. Lightweight. Carry it clipped to my shorts in the house. Didn't use it for heavy duty cutting yet.
Razor G43

Post by Razor G43 »

I preorder one in K390. I can't wait to get it!
cjk

Post by cjk »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:15 am
This did not turned as planned :squinting-tongue
I expected more SE Endela owners to show up and less future owners to swing by !

That's still a very good result. I'm looking forward to what other "new-owners" of this specific Endela will think ;)
My VG-10 Endela SE is the knife I used every Sunday to break down the items for recycling. I go get it to use it for this even if it is not in my pocket. It's a lot of fun to use for this. More fun than any other I have.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

It’s a knife I love, but hate to carry because it makes me question why I own other pocket knives. No doubt one of the best seki knives.
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
James Y

Post by James Y »

I posted this pic in another thread a few days ago, but figure it's appropriate for this thread, too. My Endela after breaking down a large shipping box.

Jim
endura3

Post by endura3 »

I've been loving mine. The mellow serration pattern and thinness behind the edge of the K390 makes for one of my favorite spyderco blade designs. It cuts phenomenally well but still has the edge strength to hold up to a lot of tough use.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Always good to see an Endela SE thread getting bumped.

It´s the knife that turned me into a firm SE guy... great serrations, great performer.
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cjk

Post by cjk »

endura3 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:00 pm

I've been loving mine. The mellow serration pattern and thinness behind the edge of the K390 makes for one of my favorite spyderco blade designs. It cuts phenomenally well but still has the edge strength to hold up to a lot of tough use.
That's quite the FrankEndela you've got there. 👍👍
endura3

Post by endura3 »

cjk wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:55 pm
endura3 wrote:

That's quite the FrankEndela you've got there. 👍👍
Thank you! Haha it's been a really fun knife. I still like the HAP40 blade that came with the handles, but I've been beating on this K390 SE blade a lot in particular and wanted to put it in the most durable endela handles I had
Jerome Howard

Post by Jerome Howard »

I don't need another knife, but this topic pushed me over the edge. Thursday I will have an Endela SE.

I own Enduras and Delicas. This will be my first Endela. And only my 3rd SE Spyderco.
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

Jerome Howard enjoy, it's an excellent knife. I look forward to hearing your thoughts after putting it in use.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Jerome Howard wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:37 pm
I don't need another knife, but this topic pushed me over the edge. Thursday I will have an Endela SE.

I own Enduras and Delicas. This will be my first Endela. And only my 3rd SE Spyderco.
I too would love to hear your thoughts, especially how you feel its particular serrations perform for yöu!!

I hope (and actually am almost sure) that you'll love how they cut and perhaps will also get that "better PE" feeling a bit.

Then also how you like the handle: Really just slightly different to the Enduras (except being shorter, but I think most people rarely make use of that extra length on the rear end of the Endura ), but some folks really feel that the "points" are mellowed out a bit and the Endela handle feels a tad more handfilling
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

endura3 wrote:
That's a nice edge you got there !
Wartstein wrote: Always good to see an Endela SE thread getting bumped.

It´s the knife that turned me into a firm SE guy... great serrations, great performer.
I was looking at the 1st page and was surprised to see it at the top :cheap-sunglasses Got a response notification but didn't realize it was this thread.

I only got it because we have talked a lot about this particular SE knife and I have to admit that I now have 4 or 5 SE knives. All very different though, a hawkbill, a H-1 Dragonfly, a Tenacious LW that is my official table knife... :winking-tongue
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Good thread bump to remind me that this is on my wish list. Unfortunately, that wish list is getting longer.
petz462

Post by petz462 »

Wartstein wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:59 pm
Superflex wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:19 pm
That's where the SE wharnie Endura comes in.
Do you happen to know if the wharnie Endura SE has the same great ("mellow", "non aggressive") serration pattern as the Endela SE?

Cause this particular way the serrations are ground makes the Endela SE so amazing for me.
My Salt 2 ffg SE for example has more aggressive serrations. And while the Salt still cuts better than any PE folder imo, the Endela SE is even better.
Warstein,
can you share a side-by-side photo of the Endela SE and Stretch 2 XL SE? I'm curious how they compare in serration pattern? Thanks, Dave
Dave
USAF Retired
petz462

Post by petz462 »

Deleted
Last edited by petz462 on Sun May 21, 2023 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
USAF Retired