Shaman 15V, Bad QC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Kaparaman

Re: Shaman 15V, Bad QC

Post by Kaparaman »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:44 pm
I have a like new Kapara that is total trash. I mean, was Spyderco even trying when they made these? Garbage knife, probably wouldn't be able to give it away.......

:rofl
Great looking lanyard for the kapara 🍻
Kapara: S30V <3<3<3, 20CV
Shaman: Cruwear, 4V, S90V CF, 15V
Manix 2: 4V, M390, M390 DLC, 15V
PM2: Cruwear, S110V, 15V
Dodo: M4
Yojumbo: M4
Mule: 15V, T15
I forget the rest: ?, ?, ?....
Dream knife: Kapara S90V marble carbon fiber
Kaparaman

Post by Kaparaman »

Regardless of what peoples' thoughts are about flipping that kind of flaw is unacceptable for a $270 knife.
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

Mushroom wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:31 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:24 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:18 pm
Even if they are a flipper, why should you guys care? It’s not like they're hoarding them or destroying them specifically so no one else can have them. The people who want them still get them, they just pay a little more money for it. Think of it as a convenience fee - Fight the crowds to get one like they did or pay a little extra to browse freely and buy from them when it’s easy.

They probably haven’t responded again because they see everyone unnecessarily trash talking them. What would be the point?

God forbid anyone try to help. Nope, attack him because he bought more knives than you babies wanted him to buy. :eye-roll
Flipper talk... ;)
Thinking about it. I could’ve bought numerous 15V Manix, PM2, and now Shaman. I don't even want them and yet I've still had ample opportunity to buy them. If someone really wants one and cant get one, they’re going to have to look elsewhere for sympathy because I don't have any for them.
Yes and no. I have heard of people using “bots” to slow down the websites and buy all the stock which is pretty messed up…
"Some call me...Tim?"
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:37 am
OK, that's it, I'm finally convinced! We should all start taking advantage of everyone around us, all the time, without remorse. :O What's it matter, it's not illegal, so that must mean we can! If we can, we should! ',:-| See my point?

bobnikon wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:20 am
I don't think you can lump gasoline, groceries and luxury knives together.

I also think everybody is missing the point of these limited run knives. It is not to get knives into the hands of the people who will most treasure them, and use them to their full extent of their designed capabilities. It is to generate revenue for the retailer and manufacturer. I like Spyderco, DLT, Cutlery Shop, BladeHQ, etc... But business is business. This is not something there is actually enough for everyone to go around, that is a necessity, like toilet paper and lysol wipes, that someone is then buying up to disadvantage others. This is a LUXURY ITEM. This is a very limited run, with a tons of hype prior to each drop (complete with digital countdowns on some of the sites), designed to generate rabid feelings of NEED and FOMO and fierce competition. This is exploitation of Scarcity Principle and FOMO to generate a whole bunch of sales in a short order of time to reduce the risk of being left with any excess inventory and especially to generate rabid feelings of NEED for the next drop particularly if you missed on this one. Sure there are those who will take advantage of it and turn around and sell the couple extra they were able to get for a profit. They can do this because of that generated feeling of NEED and FOMO. If the tactic wasn't so successful, the flippers wouldn't exist. Nobody is flipping VG10 Delicas or S45 PM2s.

In the end, It is just a knife. There will be another. Not worth an ulcer over.

No. Spyderco does these sprints/exclusives in a large part for us knife nuts/steel junkies here. Sal has said as much. Sure, a side-effect is profit, but they don't have to do it, especially not the numbers of them they do. How many combinations have come to pass because they were mentioned or asked for right HERE on this very forum? Several...

Show me another knife company doing as many sprints/exclusives, in such a variety of new, cutting edge (see what I did there? ;)) steels. Not one other company. Not one. :bug-white-red
With all due respect, who is being taken advantage of?
"Some call me...Tim?"
Paraguy

Post by Paraguy »

*the knife gods crying in knife heaven…
"Some call me...Tim?"
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:28 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:58 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:34 pm
Paraguy wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:51 pm

Touché. However I think it’s a responsible assumption. I can’t think of many other reasons why someone would get upset about it.
He's just virtue signaling at this point. He knows how badly he hijacked this thread and now he’s looking for any way he can to dodge accountability. Trying to claim the moral high ground was the road he chose.

:yawn :zany

Yeah it was aaaalllll me. :eye-roll (ETA - rofl, I didn't post until halfway down page two...) At least you acknowledge I had the moral high ground. :+1:
Tried ≠ Had

HAVE.

As in, I have the moral and ethical high ground here. That's irrefutable. Next, you're going to try and convince everyone that flipping is moral and ethical... ',:-| Can't wait to read that! :rofl
"Engineers don't idle well."

Thank you to our Veterans!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This is outta pocket now :rofl
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Indeed... :eye-roll :zany

Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

SpyderPhreak wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:23 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:28 pm
SpyderPhreak wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:58 pm
Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:34 pm

He's just virtue signaling at this point. He knows how badly he hijacked this thread and now he’s looking for any way he can to dodge accountability. Trying to claim the moral high ground was the road he chose.

:yawn :zany

Yeah it was aaaalllll me. :eye-roll (ETA - rofl, I didn't post until halfway down page two...) At least you acknowledge I had the moral high ground. :+1:
Tried ≠ Had

HAVE.

As in, I have the moral and ethical high ground here. That's irrefutable. Next, you're going to try and convince everyone that flipping is moral and ethical... ',:-| Can't wait to read that! :rofl
Snide, sarcastic, condescedning, mocking, rude… “moral high ground” isnt exactly the phrase I’d use to describe your behavior in this thread.

The funniest part is, you had the audacity to tell me to get off my high horse. :sleeping (You’re projecting)
-Nick :bug-red
SpyderPhreak

Post by SpyderPhreak »

Mushroom wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:11 pm
Snide, sarcastic, condescedning, mocking, rude…
Have a look in the mirror.

You’re just getting pissed that someone is standing up to your antics for once.

Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

Enough of this.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:04 pm
Enough of this.
Agreed. The thread is serving no purpose at this point.
-Nick :bug-red
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx for the help, Shawn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We try not to that on the Spyderco forum. You'll have to get with it or move on. Your cooperation and kind understanding is appreciated. I won't ask you to "kiss and make up", but everyone here respects one another, and I will ask that you do that. It's one of the values that sets this forum apart from others, and we are all very good at maintaining that respect..

sal
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

sal wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:12 pm
Thanx for the help, Shawn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We try not to do that on the Spyderco forum. You'll have to get with it or move on. Your cooperation and kind understanding is appreciated. I won't ask you to "kiss and make up", but everyone here respects one another, and I will ask that you do that. It's one of the values that sets this forum apart from others, and we are all very good at maintaining that respect..

sal

Understood
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Kaparaman,

Welcome to our forum.

If someone has a problem with one of our knives, we will generally make it right. Bitchin' about it on a public forum does raise some questions :thinking

The issue of "Flipping". good, bad, ethical, etc. is not going to be solved here. You each have your opinions, and have shared them. It's time to "Grock" (think) all of the points of view. Either way, it's not about the knives, but the behavior in discussion. If the knife was the issue, we'd have sorted it very quickly.

sal
sal

Post by sal »

double tap. Gomen nasai.

sal
BeggarSo

Post by BeggarSo »

So yeah like okay anyway I jumped to the last post mostly because it was Sal and now I have like zero interest in finding out what all this behavior is all about.

I move to delete the thread. I mean seriously we all know Spyderco will correct an issue with their product.
:bug-red-white Those who are wise sharpen their steel to it's chemistry not their beliefs. "BeggarSo" :fortune-cookie
Matus

Post by Matus »

... 7 pages of feeding a troll ...
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Kaparaman

Post by Kaparaman »

sal wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:25 pm
Hi Kaparaman,

Welcome to our forum.

If someone has a problem with one of our knives, we will generally make it right. Bitchin' about it on a public forum does raise some questions :thinking

The issue of "Flipping". good, bad, ethical, etc. is not going to be solved here. You each have your opinions, and have shared them. It's time to "Grock" (think) all of the points of view. Either way, it's not about the knives, but the behavior in discussion. If the knife was the issue, we'd have sorted it very quickly.

sal
I know Sal. Thank you for the welcome. I have 100% confidence in Spyderco. It is a company with integrity. Perhaps I should have added "contact spyderco and they will make it right". I didn't mean for my post to disparage spyderco in any way. It was meant to point out that while people in this thread were focused on flipping the OP did have a valid point about the flaw on that particular item. Although I will say I don't agree with him about spyderco QC. I own dozens of spyderco knives and haven't had any issues.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k5hWWe-ts2s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everytime a Sprint comes out some people feel like they miss out. Get over it, more will come. I got one, and I had the chance to buy a few extras.