After Market Titanium Ti Scales for Shaman that maintain contours?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RAHComanche

After Market Titanium Ti Scales for Shaman that maintain contours?

Post by RAHComanche »

Subject says it all. Any recommendations for under $200 for after-market Shaman scales that maintain contours in titanium or carbon fiber. But prefer Ti! I would like the scales to represent the contours of the original Shaman scales. No compromises or none noticeable:)

Thanks!
Harkwit

Re: After Market Titanium Ti Scales for Shaman that maintain contours?

Post by Harkwit »

Flytanium would be the closest thing to the stock shape. RGT too, maybe.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Harkwit wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:55 am
Flytanium would be the closest thing to the stock shape. RGT too, maybe.

The Flytanium look to be exactly like the factory scales, would be nice if someone could verify that because I really like some of those, might be a future purchase.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Vaugith

Post by Vaugith »

Yes I have quite a few aftermarket shaman scales and the flytanium match the factory scales contouring very closely. Metonboss does not. More flat. I like the Cerberus ultem but they are not contoured just beveled, my only real gripe with them. The flyti are slick though. Even though they're my favorite. I've contemplated sending them out to a modder for some deep laser texturing.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Vaugith wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:40 pm
Yes I have quite a few aftermarket shaman scales and the flytanium match the factory scales contouring very closely. Metonboss does not. More flat. I like the Cerberus ultem but they are not contoured just beveled, my only real gripe with them. The flyti are slick though. Even though they're my favorite. I've contemplated sending them out to a modder for some deep laser texturing.

That's exactly what I'd like to do, I want some kind of stippling type pattern engraved into them. Long term project though, gotta find someone capable of doing it first.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Vaugith

Post by Vaugith »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:38 am
That's exactly what I'd like to do, I want some kind of stippling type pattern engraved into them. Long term project though, gotta find someone capable of doing it first.
Wayofknife/edcgearhouse does some beautiful deep laser etch work, but their books are backed up a few months I believe. Might be worth the wait because I haven't found anyone else doing that work.