Got some knives and wanted to give feedback

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Phncke

Got some knives and wanted to give feedback

Post by Phncke »

Hi Everyone,
I lurked around this forum before I bought some spydies and wanted to say thank you all for the info.

I figured I’d give feedback from a spydie newb to maybe help someone else.

I recently bought the following knives
Kapara
Pm2
Native chief
Tropen
Stretch 2 xl

For the last dozen years or so I have been using cold steel recon 1. I think I have 4 or 5 of them floating around. They’re all beatdown from hard use. So that’s the extent of my blade experience.

On to the spydies….
I ordered the Kapara, stretch2xl, and native chief first. A week later I ordered the pm2 and Tropen.

Kapara
I immediately fell in love with the Kapara. It’s the perfect gentleman’s knife for me. Very classy and unique looking. Buttery action.

Stretch 2 Xl
I got the combo edge on this and I thought it was a nice blade. Super lightweight for the size. I did not love the frn handle. I gave to a buddy as a bday present and he loved it.

Native Chief
This sucker really grew on me. It’s the sharpest point of any knife I’ve ever touched. The back lock has a nice snap to it and it’s handsome. A very nice knife. Modern traditional.

Pm2
I was hesitant the first time around to get a pm2 because the blade size is smaller than I prefer. But man! That pm2 is everything everyone says it is. Such a nice knife, I love it.

Tropen
My first emerson opener, I like it on this knife. The polished g10 is a nice touch, it’s slick but the ergos on the handle are very secure. The little blade sticking out the back doesn’t bother me at all. I love this knife too.
Attachments
IMG_3177.jpeg
Michael Janich

Re: Got some knives and wanted to give feedback

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Phncke:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Albertaboyscott

Post by Albertaboyscott »

Welcome to the forum! I'm a big fan of the pm2 also. Great knife and so light. Lately I've been carrying a cold steel ad10 for work. Only cold steel I own and is it ever impressive. May have to look at a recon next. Cheers
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Welcome to the forum! Nice little collection you got there. And wow has that Cold steel been used well. If you find the pm2 small you can always get the mighty Military; it’s about the same size as the chief but styled like a bigger meaner pm2. 👍🏼
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Welcome!

It looks like your collection is off to a fantastic start. I think you’ll really like the upcoming Military 2.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
bladesandbeverages

Post by bladesandbeverages »

Nice collection there. The native chief design is one that grew on me as well and now it’s definitely a favorite. And the PM2 has been a staple in my carry as well for many years. Welcome and thanks for sharing 💪🏼👊🏼
MFlovejp

Post by MFlovejp »

Welcome! Very nice spread of blades you’ve got there- I have the satin version of your Chief and it is excellent. Be careful- you will likely expand your collection a lot of you hang out here haha.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N