models you'd like to see in the salt series

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltyCaribbeanDfly

Re: models you'd like to see in the salt series

Post by SaltyCaribbeanDfly »

I remember somewhere LB? (Ask Gernot-he’s THE expert👊) posted something about a kickstarter program for a particular model we’d like to see released which I thought was a fantastic idea! I would’ve contributed for the Siren i.e. cause when I first saw it I said to myself “now that’s a unique looking knife especially for a Spyderco “and g10 liners…what? I’m gonna get that for sure. Now if this is a feasible avenue for Sal or even something that would be considered idk but I’d jump all over it!!! Just think about the reason this entire thread was posted and chew on that for a second. I would gladly even pre-pay for ANY of the ones I mentioned and if intrigued by one I may have left out or not thought of I’d be game for that too. It would make for a much shorter time frame just toying around w/an idea to actually producing the product and getting one in hand. I don’t recall what opinions were posted to LB’s suggestion either but if you really want something then put your💰where your 🤭is! LETS GO!!!👊✌️
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

gdwtvb wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:22 pm
A few people have mentioned the Chaparral and that would be my choice, but I would add, in titanium. I've tried several different knives since getting my Chap, but the titanium stealth chaparral keeps finding its way back to my pocket.

I get the whole idea that a salt knife is mainly used for outdoor pursuits around water, so it makes sense to go with bright colors like yellow or obnoxious green. But with Magnacut, we have a really great all around streel that happens to be almost as rustproof as H1 or LC200N. What about just adding another feature to a great gentleman's knife? Make it extremely rust resistant as well! And while I aplaud Spyderco in trying to introduce new steels in lightweight and cheaper FRN, I think it's time for an upscale salt. Bring on the Chaparral titanium salt!

Grizz
+1000 :smiling-heart-eyes

Magnacut blade.

And this time, no need for scales with complex motifs. Just a plain titanium scales, if possible without liners.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OK I know this one has already been mentioned as a possible SALT SERIEs candidate before but now might be a great time to talk about it again. I'm speaking of the recent success of the C-60 Ayoob which has just enjoyed a well received super Sprint Run.

As versatile and functional as that knife is I still think it would make an excellent Salt Series version.

Also I believe that a C-111 Captain model fully serrated with a corrosion free blade would be nice as well. I think that both of those models could really rally the Salt Series like few others could.

I'll just let you all think on those two for a while..
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

I think I could go for salted versions of the Kapara, Stretch and Native Chief..... Maybe throw in the Para 2. All in Magnacut.

I know the Manix is coming out in salted/MC form someday. It's not my favorite design, but I'll probably pick one up as a larger MC Salt option.
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don't know if this was already mentioned (and I'm too lazy to scroll back through the thread), but Yojimbo 2. In G-10.

Jim
MrBerle

Post by MrBerle »

POLICE 4! I LOVE the Salt series and would love something larger than my precious (and first Spydie) Pacific Salt. Yellow handle, of course, for that sexy HEAVY DUTY look.

The SE Police 4 is a beast, or a "pocket chainsaw" as one forumite wrote.

Also the Matriarch and the Ayoob please.
I will buy any new Salt model tbh.