Odd Places You Have Found your Lost Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rusty_Shackelford

Re: Odd Places You Have Found your Lost Knife

Post by Rusty_Shackelford »

I lost my first Spyderco, a brown VG-10 Delica while putting bundles of cardboard into the racks of our warehouse. The clip got caught on the poly strapping and hitched a ride into the racks. I panicked when I noticed it was missing and turned over every bundle until I found it. Someone in the plant would have had a very nice day finding a Delica along with their packaging.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Lost a pacific salt in the boat… nowhere to be found. Pulled a floor panel and had a look….nope.

Three years later I was taking a few extra people in the boat out so threw a few extra chairs in.
Halfway through the day decided to move the chairs around. Pulled a cap off a seat poll stem. Bingo…here is a Pacific salt. Looked the same as it went down there all those years ago. As the seat post stems are pretty dry and the cap had sealed well.
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Foehammer

Post by Foehammer »

Was raking leaves in the yard one spring (and drinking my fair share of beer.) Me and my brother stopped to play basketball,I got winded and sat down in a pile of leaves and lit a cigar and watched bro show off (I’m terrible at basketball, anyone who can play looks like Jordan to me). About 45 minutes passed and Mom called us in for lunch. After lunch we went back out, I patted my pocket and to my horror my pm2 was missing. Spent about 3 hours looking for it, both in the house and the yard. Just about to give up when I thought I should check the leaf pile; sure enough there she was. Not even hidden, just sitting on top. Not sure how it fell out of pocket to this day.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

~Joe

MNOSD member #0045
brough

Post by brough »

I lost my first Spyderco Knife about 14 years ago while doing some work in my brother's attic. Fast forward about six years and I was at the same house replacing some rotten facia boards and trim on the front eve of the second floor, when something fell out of the soffit and bounced off my shoulder. There it was, my long lost Spydie. How it ever fell far enough into that spot is a mystery, but I am glad it finally was back in my pocket.
Rinzler

Post by Rinzler »

My wife’s purse.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

My own pocket might be the one of the weirder places I’ve lost a knife.

I was in line for the seconds sale and I took a lap around the block to take some pictures of my knife. Not too long after getting back to the SFO I checked my pants pocket and my knife wasn’t there. I patted down all of my other pockets and didn’t find it, so in a bit of a panic I asked some other guys in line to keep an eye out for it and mentioned I was going to retrace my steps looking for it. As another gentleman and myself were about to turn the first corner around the block, I double checked my jacket pockets and found the knife hiding in a chest pocket.

It never left my possession so it was only “lost” in my mind, for about an hour, but still I panicked just the same as if it was gone for a week! :grin-squint
-Nick :bug-red
araneae

Post by araneae »

Near a floodplain in the woods where I dropped the knife a year prior, luckily it was H1. Just a bit dirty, but all good.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

In the cuff of my pants. I turned everything upside down looking for it. Finally, as I was taking off my pants to change out of my suit (this was years ago) I felt a bit of weight. I checked, and there was my knife, having somehow fallen into my pants cuff.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

I lost my Maxamet PM2 for about 6 months, found it when I was cleaning my room in my computer chair sitting on top of the arm tgat connected the back to the seat.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

I found my camo Military behind the washing machine when pulling it out to put a new one in. It was missing for 6 months. I was ready to start hunting for a new one.
K1500

Post by K1500 »

I lost an orange Endura somehow. I thought it was in my shop and I searched everywhere and couldn’t find it, so I wound up ordering a Pacific Salt as a replacement. A month or two later when I took the trash can liner out of a 45 gallon trash can in my shop the Endura was sitting in the bottom of the can UNDER the trash bag. No idea how it got there but happy to get it back.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

K1500 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:47 pm
I lost an orange Endura somehow. I thought it was in my shop and I searched everywhere and couldn’t find it, so I wound up ordering a Pacific Salt as a replacement. A month or two later when I took the trash can liner out of a 45 gallon trash can in my shop the Endura was sitting in the bottom of the can UNDER the trash bag. No idea how it got there but happy to get it back.
that's a pretty happy story. not only did you find the endura, but you got a pac salt out of it too.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
K1500

Post by K1500 »

It worked out well in the end for sure.
Pacu0420

Post by Pacu0420 »

I didn't exactly lose the knife but still kinda funny. So I just got done with a day of fishing and had just loaded up the boat. There was a small piece of rope tied to the back of the boat we had used for a stringer. I didn't want to mess around untying it since we were still on the boat launch and other people were waiting. So I just used my knife to cut it off. For some stupid reason, I set it on the rear bumper of my truck. (Older Ford with steel bumper) Anyway, I drove about 30 minutes back to my house. Go to unhitch the boat and there's my knife still sitting on the bumper. I have no idea how it didn't fall off considering part of the drive was on the freeway going about 60 mph! Not to mention the bumpy roads in my neighborhood.
Top 5 EDC Spydies: S45VN Para3, S90V DLT PM2, MagnaCut Native5, Crucarta PM2, Maxamet Manix2
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Lost no, misplaced yes. Like day I left on comforter. Blended in so well, thought I lost.🙏
Chleiti

Post by Chleiti »

My lost knife spent most of the spring, summer, and fall having a restful off-season in the pocket of my heavy winter coat at the back of the closet while I tore the rest of the house apart looking for it. Then it magically reappeared with the first snow.
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

On the 🚽
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Connman

Post by Connman »

Misplaced my Shaman for about 3 months and found it under my couch , it gone again for two months , maybe I should check under or in the couch again
bayouace

Post by bayouace »

In a disc golf bag I had packed for a tournament a month prior to finding it. Well, never know where you will need a knife!