Good Jeans

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ranger_Ike

Re: Good Jeans

Post by Ranger_Ike »

kennethsime wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:05 pm
Ranger_Ike wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:50 pm
Duluth Ballroom jeans.
Super comfortable.
They have a small pocket perfect for a flashlight on the leg.
They have an extra back pocket behind the back pocket.
You can literally fit an Endura sideways in the fifth/change pocket. It’s like Mary Poppin’s bag. Magic.

A lot of pockets without looking like cargo pants.
Man, do those look nice! I imagine that Duluth, like LL Bean, rarely does sales, huh?

I'd really like a nice pair of flannel-lined jeans at some point, and those flannel-lined ballrooms look fantastic.
They do sales a few times per year. I signed up for their newsletter and just wait. I usually buy around Christmas time and put in a big order. They usually do about 25% off on the jeans.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

The gusset jeans I mentioned above also run periodic sales. Good deep pockets and their color is a more traditional indigo versus the Duluth I tried and sent back. Duluth may have improved their color as it was many years ago when I last tried them.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
SopfCA

Post by SopfCA »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 pm
Levi's. I look for comfort and looks. I've always preferred a good pair of Levi's.
Agree Levi's is my best
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SopfCA wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:34 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Levi's. I look for comfort and looks. I've always preferred a good pair of Levi's.
Agree Levi's is my best
Hehehe, reminds me of the time my cousin was telling me about these very expensive blue jeans he bought, he was a goin on and on about how nice they were, said he would only hand wash them lol, I started callin him Sugar Britches, he got so dam mad at me lol.....I said why the **** don't ya just get a nice pair of Levi's lol.....he stayed bowed up at me for a while lol
I tell ya, there's a niche market for everything.
But, like you say and so do I, it's hard to beat a pair of Levi's imo.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SopfCA wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Agree Levi's is my best
Levi’s used to be great jeans up until 20 odd years ago. I wore them to work daily while I was steel erecting and I’d get about a year or so value out of them. The last pair blew out in a couple of months.

The best and toughest jeans I reckon, are Wrangler 13MWZ, they just last plus they fit better than BS low cut hipster type jeans. They’re pretty much the standard here for farriers and horse owners.

On a side note, I watched a horse bite a big fat guy wearing Wrangler 13MWZ’s around the crotch and pick him up horizontal to the ground about three feet high. The jeans held until the horse jerked its head and then they tore. Kook had it coming as it was and was lucky the horse only bit into denim and not flesh. Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :winking-tongue
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bloke wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:17 pm
SopfCA wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Agree Levi's is my best
Levi’s used to be great jeans up until 20 odd years ago. I wore them to work daily while I was steel erecting and I’d get about a year or so value out of them. The last pair blew out in a couple of months.

The best and toughest jeans I reckon, are Wrangler 13MWZ, they just last plus they fit better than BS low cut hipster type jeans. They’re pretty much the standard here for farriers and horse owners.

On a side note, I watched a horse bite a big fat guy wearing Wrangler 13MWZ’s around the crotch and pick him up horizontal to the ground about three feet high. The jeans held until the horse jerked its head and then they tore. Kook had it coming as it was and was lucky the horse only bit into denim and not flesh. Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha! :winking-tongue
Oh man!!!! That's wild Bloke!
OTOH, I hate to hear that about Levi's!
Man, that's a shame
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Well, it's nearly a year later and my Bulletprufes are hands-down my favorite jeans. Fiancée likes the way they look, comfy as all get out, stretchy enough for climbing, cycling, hiking, and all kinds of work. They still look like new, in part because they're well-made, in part because I hang-dry them, and in part perhaps because I wear my Carhartts for real dirty jobs.

They have a 35% off code active right now if anyone's interested: BFCM. I just ordered two more pair. Do wish they made them in a true denim color, though.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
rgc

Post by rgc »

dsvirsky wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:50 am
If you want a gusseted crotch, check out Duluth Trading Company Ballroom Jeans.
I don't care how they look as I'm old and set in my ways, however, the Duluth Ballroom Jeans I have are super comfortable and appear to be built to last. I have only had them six months or so but they look new to me. They are a thicker denim then I usually find in stores these days.

I also have a pair of Vertx Defiance jeans that are very comfortable (probably more stylish) and have great pockets. The hip magazine pockets also hold an iphone perfectly if you are not carrying spare 5.56 that day. :tonque-out
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

This guy's videos are kinda silly and kinda great. I usually check out his tool comparisons https://youtu.be/sU6Y1FH6Ssk
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:34 pm
This guy's videos are kinda silly and kinda great.

I started watching with the hope of learning about a new brand of jeans. As much as I hate to admit it, Levis suit me best. Their public policies are awful, but they make good clothes.

Back to the video. About one minute in, there is a shot of the reviewer. I know it's not nice to make fun of the way people look or dress, but... dayum! Is that guy a gangster or a hobo? Gangsta hobo? Can we trust this guy for fashion guidance?

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 4.28.52 PM.jpg
jwbnyc

Post by jwbnyc »

I’d buy ‘em a meal.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I dropped Levis after 2 pair completely unraveled on me at the rear pocket seams and the company took a hard left.

My 1st 2 pair of jeans after that were Carhartt jeans and I still have them. They are doing just fine.

Wrangler Riggs - have leather on the front pocket for knife clips, which sounds interesting. Might try them next.

Just bought a pair of Round-House jeans:
#103 Made in USA 14 oz. Dark Stone Washed RELAXED FIT Everyday 5 Pocket Jean
https://www.round-house.com/products/10 ... ocket-jean
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

I stopped wearing jeans many years ago. I prefer to wear cargo pants, and I haven't been able to find cargo jeans. The cargo pants I prefer are Wrangler ripstop. I bought a bunch of pairs years ago that are in great shape and that I'm still wearing. Hopefully they're still being made.

If I find better cargo pants that aren't too expensive, I'll switch to those.

Jim
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:04 am

Wrangler Riggs - have leather on the front pocket for knife clips, which sounds interesting. Might try them next.
I hadn't heard of those; have to check 'em out. Thanks for sharing.
- Richard
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

Wranglers are good and on sale right now on website.

https://www.wrangler.com/?utm_medium=cp ... lsrc=aw.ds
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

James Y wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:08 am
I stopped wearing jeans many years ago. I prefer to wear cargo pants, and I haven't been able to find cargo jeans. The cargo pants I prefer are Wrangler ripstop. I bought a bunch of pairs years ago that are in great shape and that I'm still wearing. Hopefully they're still being made.

If I find better cargo pants that aren't too expensive, I'll switch to those.

Jim
Thanks for the tip. I don't have any cargo pants. I was looking at 5.11 but never bought any.

As far as clothes go I am not a very spendy kind of guy. I buy what I have too so that I'm dressed and that is about it. I have a mishmash of clothes. I really cannot afford to buy expensive clothes because I spend all of my money on knives and books!

:squinting-tongue
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

As I said on another forum, I collect all sorts of material to read, but I rarely sit down and read any of it.

I have lots of manifestos, pdf's, books, txt documents, kindle books, I try and collect everything because there is so much censorship!!! Of course, nobody can collect everything, but I'm just interested in, what is it that they don't want us to know? If it could be interesting, I buy it. I order books that have been banned in libraries.

I picked up lists of books that were banned and sometimes I just order those books. The Nazis and Communists will never get me to join their ranks because I buy all the banned stuff!!!! I'm not talking about p0rn....the text books and documents though I do collect.

:shush
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

I wear Levis because they are not part of the right wing conspiracy trend. Wrang!ers, Duluth, and Carharts are too right wing red neck for my taste.
There are denim snob companies that make 22 to 40 ounce denim. Screw that lol.Way too stiff and heavy. Jeans wear out. Buy more lol
riclaw

Post by riclaw »

JoshLikesSekiCityKnives wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:20 am
I wear Levis because they are not part of the right wing conspiracy trend. Wrang!ers, Duluth, and Carharts are too right wing red neck for my taste.
There are denim snob companies that make 22 to 40 ounce denim. Screw that lol.Way too stiff and heavy. Jeans wear out. Buy more lol
Funny, I stopped buying Levi's because of their politics. A jeans company should sell jeans, not push pet social causes.

The Wrangler ripstop material is comfortable, but I've found it to wear hot. Great for colder days, not so great for 90+ Florida weather.
- Richard
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

riclaw wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:42 am
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:20 am
Funny, I stopped buying Levi's because of their politics. A jeans company should sell jeans, not push pet social causes.
[+1]