Odd Places You Have Found your Lost Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dreadpirate

Odd Places You Have Found your Lost Knife

Post by dreadpirate »

I could not find my UK Pen Knife. It's blue with CPM-S110V steel, so not something I want to have to replace. We found it in the upright HE washing machine. It was inside the gasket around the front door out of sight. Not sure how long it was there. Good thing the blade is a stainless steel.
WilliamMunny

Re: Odd Places You Have Found your Lost Knife

Post by WilliamMunny »

Son’s shoe lace… when he was young and I would carry home he would swing his feet. By doing this, his shoe lacs could catch my pocket clip and pop it right out.

Also a coat waist draw string. Same thing would happen.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
dan31

Post by dan31 »

Still missing a Dragonfly G10. I remember putting it somewhere safe before my son was born. It’s been 5+ years. I check drawers and pockets in bags. Still no luck.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

I found a my Titanium Squarehead in a couch after being misplaced for months. I swear I checked under those cushions multiple times too but sure enough it was eventually in that couch.

I also lost my customized all black Ladybug Hawkbill in a local park while walking my dogs one day. After about a week of turning my house upside down looking for it, I decided to retrace my steps at the park as best as I could remember and I found it by the end of my loop around the park.
-Nick :bug-red
Bemo

Post by Bemo »

My brother's pocket when we were kids. :winking-tongue
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

I worked on an odd shift for about 10 years from 3 Am to 11:00 AM.
So I would go to bed about 6-7PM. That gave my wife time to get stuff done with me out of the way.
One day I'm in a deep sleep and a rhythmic noise wakes me up, bang, bang, bang.....
It was coming from the laundry room. Well, I guess I left My Kershaw Blur in my pocket because it was bouncing around in the dryer blade deployed and locked pocking holes in our clothes. That's one way to clean my knives 😁.
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
Bub360

Post by Bub360 »

I misplaced my first pm2 all black s30 v for about 6 months, found it in a bin with all our tax documents. Although I still can’t find my Kershaw skyline with
Jade g10 scales that one has been gone for over a year now 😔
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

Never found one I lost.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i found a knife clipped to a friend's seatbelt after it had been missing a couple weeks.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
mongo1958

Post by mongo1958 »

dreadpirate wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:26 am
I could not find my UK Pen Knife. It's blue with CPM-S110V steel, so not something I want to have to replace. We found it in the upright HE washing machine. It was inside the gasket around the front door out of sight. Not sure how long it was there. Good thing the blade is a stainless steel.
Arrr you scurvy old salt. This be a good subject for the crew. Arrr.🏴‍☠️
Mongo1958
****John3:16****
:bug-red-white Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary? :bug-red-white
Para 3 Dark Blue G10 S110V (First Spyderco), PM2 Black G10 S45VN, Manix 2 LW Translucent Blue BD1N, Sage 5 LW S30V, Shaman G10 S30V, Tenacious C122BK SE LW, Native 5 LW SE S35VN, P4SE K390, Delica 4SE K390, Endela SE K390, Caribbean SE LC200N, Dragonfly 2 S30V (wife's first Spydie), Autonomy 2 Black LC200N DLC SE.
jmj3esq

Post by jmj3esq »

Under a deer's gut pile.
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

Never found one that was truly lost. Left one in a front-seat console of a car I sold, and had one stolen from a console. Left one in a tackle box that I forgot at the lake. All the rest were found within minutes, so I don't count those as lost.
vandelay

Post by vandelay »

I lost my ladybug attached to my keys in the bottom section of my toolbox. I hadn't even opened the bottom section of my toolbox that day. It's like a ghost put them in there.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Does "exactly where I left it" count?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
benben

Post by benben »

I’ve got two, the first one was the reason I joined here in 2011. Thought I lost my Wegner Jr at a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese I took my then very young son to, I tore that place apart! Found it four or five months later inside the vent duct under my drivers seat that blows air towards the back seats….that was one happy day!

Second time, a very cool co-worker of mine went on his family vacation in Tennessee, he and his son went to SMKW. The following week at work he calls me to come out to the back of the collision center where I work. He gave me a serrated Rockjumper, just blew me away, unbelievable gesture!

I coach girls fastpitch, 18U and usually on a National level. THE VERY first time I carried that RJ was on a Saturday, we were playing a showcase in Myrtle Beach. I had the girls at the cages early throwing front toss and warming them up before our first game. The other coach yelled let’s go, the game before us on that particular field just finished up, time to take the field.

Just as I was about to step on the field for some reason I patted my RF pocket…..NO KNIFE!! Panic came on hard! As I was leaving the cages we had to walk in between two cages to get out to the back side, it was like walking through a narrow tunnel of nylon netting. That netting pulled my RJ out without feeling a thing, told the other coach I’d be right back, start without me! Went back to the spot and sure enough it was clipped in hanging “my pocket” high in that netting! No telling how many other girls and coaches walked right by it? Felt like I won the lottery! That black FRN blended in so well with that heavy cage netting it was pretty hard to see!

BTW, we won the entire thing in 18U Gold that weekend in Myrtle! ;)
zuludelta

Post by zuludelta »

Lost my VG-10 serrated Manbug at my workplace's parking lot a few years ago. There was a snowstorm at the time & I guess I inadvertently unclipped it from my keychain while fumbling for my keychain flashlight & car keys. Fast forward 2 and a half months later and as the last of the snowbanks were melting, I see a familiar shape beside my usual parking spot. It was my Manbug! And the awesome thing was that it only had a couple of spots of surface rust that I easily wiped away after spritzing with WD40, despite being buried under snow for several weeks (and probably getting exposed to road salt as well).
mbbrown

Post by mbbrown »

I lost my original Wegner and spent the better part of 24 hours retracing my steps, even went so far as to cruise the trails I had been on with my snowmachine

The next day I went to get dog food started for our sled dogs and the knife was laying on top of the food in the big trashcan we used for dry dogfood

It had obviously popped out of the top front pocket of my Carhartt bibs where I always kept a knife clipped

Needless to say I stopped keeping a knife there...
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:19 pm
Does "exactly where I left it" count?
FTW.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

dan31 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:25 am
Still missing a Dragonfly G10. I remember putting it somewhere safe before my son was born. It’s been 5+ years. I check drawers and pockets in bags. Still no luck.
I’m still looking for the Superblue Ladybug I stashed before my son was born 5 years ago.
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

I lost my first Spyderco folder, a Native 5, on my seatbelt for several days once. I had looked all over for it and was both relieved and had a good laugh at my own expense when I found it.