Scientists discover method - reduce steelmaking CO2 by 90%

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Naperville

Scientists discover method - reduce steelmaking CO2 by 90%

Post by Naperville »

I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
WyoJon

Re: Scientists discover method - reduce steelmaking CO2 by 90%

Post by WyoJon »

Diddnt know I was worried about co2 emissions. In the world of growing under water plants, a lot of us buy co2 canisters to inject co2 so the plants grow faster.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

WyoJon wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:19 am
Diddnt know I was worried about co2 emissions. In the world of growing under water plants, a lot of us buy co2 canisters to inject co2 so the plants grow faster.
Bingo 110% right.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I know, but the wisdom of many is that CO2 needs to be controlled.

I suppose if we want to have the least effect on the planet, that would be a good thing right?
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Health is important. Health of the planet too. People that do not care, well they do not care. I care and I think if steel can be produced with less pollution, or harm to the planet, then that is a good thing. If we could suck the co2 out of steel and let these guy grow plants with it, well good luck.

Most people that do not care about the heath of the planet are the kind of people that are not really capable of learning. Too much ego in the way. The kind of person that will ask for help, and then get help from a top industry professional, and then go on to dismiss that helpful professional as not being relevant.

I understand why some people continue to refuse to see how the climate is changing. I do not understand why people still choose to defecate where they eat. This planet still grows my food, in the ground.

It's like sanding epoxy without good ventilation and a respirator, you do not need to "care" about it, but something is going to happen to you if you do enough of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not so excited about battery cars either. People will wake up in 150 years and say, dear god what do we do with all the pollution from batteries?

Not here to present options. Just interested in science and like to learn.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

We people in breathing convert Oxygen to Carbon Dioxide.

CO2 has many commercial application s like MIG Welding. Dry Ice.

We need CO2.👍
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

Exactly the point. What you need comes from an Industrial Gas Supply company.

What the world needs is to stop releasing co2 from Permafrost, Rainforests, and Ice Shelves.

These are entirely different things. Unless you are capturing and storing your exhaled co2 to do your part.
Spyderco: Tenacious G10, Waterway, Para 3 Spy27, Pacific Salt H1, In the Mule Team Stable(Z-Max, Z-Wear, S45VN, Magnacut, SRS13/SUS405, M398, Aeb-l, 15v)
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Anytime you can reduce carbon emissions it’s a good thing for all of us.

Much of the world's steel is currently made in coal-fired blast furnaces and its producers are coming under increasing pressure to reduce their contribution to global carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions that cause climate change. The steel industry brings in revenue of about $1.6 trillion a year and represents between 7% and 9% global carbon dioxide emissions, according to the World Steel Association.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
WyoJon

Post by WyoJon »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:54 pm
Health is important. Health of the planet too. People that do not care, well they do not care. I care and I think if steel can be produced with less pollution, or harm to the planet, then that is a good thing. If we could suck the co2 out of steel and let these guy grow plants with it, well good luck.

Most people that do not care about the heath of the planet are the kind of people that are not really capable of learning. Too much ego in the way. The kind of person that will ask for help, and then get help from a top industry professional, and then go on to dismiss that helpful professional as not being relevant.

I understand why some people continue to refuse to see how the climate is changing. I do not understand why people still choose to defecate where they eat. This planet still grows my food, in the ground.

It's like sanding epoxy without good ventilation and a respirator, you do not need to "care" about it, but something is going to happen to you if you do enough of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not so excited about battery cars either. People will wake up in 150 years and say, dear god what do we do with all the pollution from batteries?

Co2 makes plants grow. Its not hazardous to any life form diluted in the atmosphere.
ykspydiefan

Post by ykspydiefan »

WyoJon wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:22 pm
ykspydiefan wrote:

Co2 makes plants grow. Its not hazardous to any life form diluted in the atmosphere.

Well, were I come from, your information is taught in grade 2 elementary school. I do not feel like you are helping this thread. :yawn
JoshLikesSekiCityKnives

Post by JoshLikesSekiCityKnives »

ykspydiefan wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:55 pm
WyoJon wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:22 pm
ykspydiefan wrote:

Well, were I come from, your information is taught in grade 2 elementary school. I do not feel like you are helping this thread. :yawn
Cool. I wish I had the luxury of going to your school. I like playing with epoxy and battery cars. My 2nd grade school only let us play with crayons and play dough. :pleading