Sprint Run Super Blue Dragonfly

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MFlovejp

Re: Sprint Run Super Blue Dragonfly

Post by MFlovejp »

kerrcobra wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:30 pm
I'll pass on paying MSRP for the dragonfly. I do think this is the only Zome to date that I've actually liked the looks of. If they do this in the Delica, I'll probably bite.

Same, but for the Endura. This Zome is awesome- very ghostly looking.
Current Carries: Military 4V, Stretch XL Cruwear, Sage 1 CF, Siren Sprint S90V, ZDP Delica
Wishlist: Cruwear Military, Super Blue Caly 3.5
Favorite Steels: CTS-XHP, Cruwear, ZDP-189, LC200N
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Ghostly, sure, but could also be described as edgy.
See what I did there?
:smiling-halo
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

That Gray & Blue Zome color combination is the best so far.

However, these are only sold direct through Spyderco at full MSRP + shipping charges so it’s a hard pass.

Satin $110
TiCN $125
UPS Ground Shipping $13 for orders under $150

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Whenever I decide to try the Dragonfly, this will be what I look for first. I think this is a really pretty knife.

I’m not sure if there will ever be variations of the upcoming “Performance Delica”, but I think one like this would be very cool.

I just had the thought that it would be really neat if there was some way to get custom Zome. For example, some kind of event where you can send your knives to have them dyed.

Honestly, an full on in-person event would be so fun, but I don’t know how the process is done exactly or if that would be feasible.

Imagine everybody has white FRN knives or scales and they go around and watch as someone dyes their scales for them. I’m sure the people making Zome handles take some pride in the practice and their skills.

I think it would be cool if several FRN models had a dedicated white or Ivory handle version for custom dyeing.

Anyway, just a fun thought.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Skar

Post by Skar »

I really like it alot. I may break down and get this one. I don't have a dragonfly yet.
I'm thinking it's a bit small for me though.

I'de prefer a delica as that knife is about perfect for me.

Any ideas if this would be a good carry ?
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Yes. It is about the perfect sized dedicated pocket knife.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Sharp24/7

Post by Sharp24/7 »

Anyone else with big hands able to give an idea how this be in hand. Little concerned I’ll get the bird’s peak poking into the meat of a finger or palm.
Manifestgtr

Post by Manifestgtr »

I can’t wait for this one, man…

I keep hearing about super blue being a real freehand sharpeners’ steel but I’ve never been able to get my hands on a super blue Spyderco for a reasonable price. Clad makes it all that much more interesting
Crucarta: Shaman (x2), Manix 2, Lil Native, Delica, GB2 & PM2
Notable: 52100 and Cruwear Millie. “15v-arta” Shaman. REC Manix. K-carta Endura, P4, Dragonfly and Delica.
Favorites: Shaman, Sage 5 lightweight, Sheeps Caribbean, Manix, Endela and all things Stretch
resonanzmacher

Post by resonanzmacher »

I figured I'd missed the boat on Super Blue.

The zome doesn't mean anything to me but I might have to do this for a project now.
z1r

Post by z1r »

Sharp, this may help you get a feel for size:

Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I love the look of the knives, but I can't justify the SFO prices.
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

I don’t care for the the cow print theme personally
Last edited by Tristan_david2001 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:bug-red-white
sidpost

Post by sidpost »

Super Blue and its cousins to me belong on a kitchen knife in today's world. There are simply better steels IMHO for a knife like this whether classic carbons or stainless!
scoon

Post by scoon »

I love super blue and am super excited for these.
Brant

Post by Brant »

Definitely getting one! Maybe 2, one of each. Dragonfly’s are my favorite, plus I like the plain steel San mai look, it’s sharp! The blue handles to match make good looking combo.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Sharp24/7 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:50 am
Anyone else with big hands able to give an idea how this be in hand. Little concerned I’ll get the bird’s peak poking into the meat of a finger or palm.
I have large and thick hands, like baseball mitts. I have a box of Dragonflies. I have to squeeze my fingers, but I can get them on the knife using the choil. I don't expect a small knife to be like a larger one in hand, but I was surprised when I picked up my first Dragonfly. It fits better than a lot of much larger knives from other makers. Someone described it as an "ergonomic wonder" years ago on this forum.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Tgmr05

Post by Tgmr05 »

Looking forward to seeing these in person. I really like the color and ticn blacked out hardware/blade.
NCJohn62

Post by NCJohn62 »

OPFOCUS FTW.... I may use it as a donor blade for a Swiss army knife conversion. Since it's coming out of Seki I hope the heat treat is nice and hard. But I really dig the Zome on this one so who knows...
z1r

Post by z1r »

Swung by the SFO and picked one up. Beautiful. I was sure I would get the satin blade but ended up really liking the coated. To be honest, I will probably pick up a satin blade soon.

CLOK

Post by CLOK »

I just bumped the other thread with my thoughts but I had ordered both, and glad I did. They both are awesome. I’m just curious how much more the coated one will end up offering protection wise if all things equal. But yeah, I’m still torn which one I like more.