Amsterdam meet.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
northmanscall

Re: Amsterdam meet.

Post by northmanscall »

Dear Amsterdam Fans
Have some nice Christmas Holidays.

Best Wishes
Stefan
:bug-red Stefan :bug-red
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

You too Stefan! A 2023 meet would be the best Christmas present ever! 🙂
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Cyberwolf

Post by Cyberwolf »

Yes Larry_Mott, that would be the best present for under the tree for sure .
:party-face
max808

Post by max808 »

northmanscall wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:27 pm
Dear Amsterdam Fans
Have some nice Christmas Holidays.

Best Wishes
Stefan
Thank you Stefan, Zalig Kerstfeest and a happy new year for you and your loved ones.

:respect :smiling-halo :party-face :star-struck :party-face :smiling-halo :respect
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

If the meeting happens , would someone volunteer to keep an eye on Apollo ? I know I am asking a lot and it could be dangerous. Please send resume. Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:24 am
If the meeting happens , would someone volunteer to keep an eye on Apollo ? I know I am asking a lot and it could be dangerous. Please send resume. Dan
Hahaha If the meet happens i will probably only go if its either with my Girl or my Brother or both so no worry's i will behave... :winking-tongue
After giving Eric a lecture over the Manix probably.... Like how a naugthy boy he is for never giving us in house XL sprints and if i am add it
toss in how superior the Originals backlocks are...
And even more that he needs to put that framelock Manix prototype from years ago back in the future line up instead of keeping it all to himself. :zany
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

apollo wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:53 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Hahaha If the meet happens i will probably only go if its either with my Girl or my Brother or both so no worry's i will behave... :winking-tongue
After giving Eric a lecture over the Manix probably.... Like how a naugthy boy he is for never giving us in house XL sprints and if i am add it
And even more that he needs to put that framelock Manix prototype from years ago back in the future line up instead of keeping it all to himself. :zany
It sounds like you are covered which is good news ! Raise our Manix Banner High ! Buddy Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:05 pm
apollo wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:53 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
It sounds like you are covered which is good news ! Raise our Manix Banner High ! Buddy Dan
I can assure you I'll also keep an eye on my fellow countryman :zany
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thank you ! I’m just kidding my good friend with a very big heart ! Dan
Henry David Thoreau
apollo

Post by apollo »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:43 pm
Thank you ! I’m just kidding my good friend with a very big heart ! Dan

Thanks buddy! ;) And you can trust IG-88 he is an old friend it was thanks to him that i got my precious Rubicon and Nirvana aswel as my Rhino and leaf lil temps and a few others.
I am glad he also found his way back to this place he has an amazing knowledge of knives and an even more amazing collection then most people on this forum. :beaming-face
419onscene

Post by 419onscene »

It would be absolutely hysterical if it happens the first week of June. The Dutch Pen Show (which I've wanted to attend) is happening the Sunday before a professional conference I'll be attending in Amsterdam. Two birds, one stone and all that...Plus the tax write off and all that.
:bug-red-white
PM 2's in s110v, Maxamet, s90v
PM 3 in s110v
Jandura
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Enjoy the Christmas holidays and a nice New Years to all from Amsterdam!
Would love to finally see an Amsterdam meet happen again after all these years, might even miss it because I'll be out of town entire februari but would love to see the meets come back either way!
mart

Post by mart »

Sure like to see a 2023 Amsterdam meet ☺️
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Seems like the change in how knives are revealed has killed this concept.

I'll be totally honest I would rather go back to the uncertainty of when models are coming out and have this meet with all the awesome prototype pics like we've always had in the past vs the current reveal process. It was like the modern adult version of the Sears Christmas toy catalog and it was my favorite part of the year and it really sucks that it seems to be dead.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:02 am

I'll be totally honest I would rather go back to the uncertainty of when models are coming out and have this meet with all the awesome prototype pics like we've always had in the past vs the current reveal process. It was like the modern adult version of the Sears Christmas toy catalog and it was my favorite part of the year and it really sucks that it seems to be dead.
I totally agree with you, it was a great way to get people on the edge for upcoming knives. Also seeing what was being considered for upcoming production and being able to give feedback early on in the design process was amazing.
The meet was for me a unique experience I had never expierenced before with other companies or industries. It was for me the main attractor to the Spyderco brand, the openess and the availability of Sal and Eric was just amazing to me and a unique thing. I hope some day it will come back

haayema

Post by haayema »

December isn’t over yet, Kristi aimed for November/December for an official announcement from Spyderco.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:02 am

Amen to that.. It's not that the uncertainty is gone even with the reveal plan.. :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
apollo

Post by apollo »

haayema wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:03 am
December isn’t over yet, Kristi aimed for November/December for an official announcement from Spyderco.
That is true but there is one minor detail people must not forget.
Spyderco made the meet only because it was handy since they were already in Europe for the big German show! I really do not think they will do a meet if its not just before or after this show.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

apollo wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:52 am
haayema wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:03 am
That is true but there is one minor detail people must not forget.
Spyderco made the meet only because it was handy since they were already in Europe for the big German show! I really do not think they will do a meet if its not just before or after this show.
That's true. Does anyone know the status of the German show? Has it resumed? If not i don't give the A-dam meet much hope unfortunately, although hope springs eternal.
mart

Post by mart »

Looks like the iwa tradeshow is on for 2023 :winking-tongue