Where to sell knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Shmohawk

Where to sell knives

Post by Shmohawk »

I'm considering parting with some knives.
What's the best way to sell them online?
Has anyone used the OfferUp app?
Soulrack

Re: Where to sell knives

Post by Soulrack »

Go to bladeforums.com buy a membership, $30 per year I think, and post them in the knife exchange.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Would say the swap page, but that's about as much of a joke as keeping an alert thread...an alert thread.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
phaust

Post by phaust »

reddit.com/r/knife_swap, bladeforums.com, facebook groups like https://www.facebook.com/groups/milliepm2p3club and https://www.facebook.com/groups/293142600884765
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Reddit.com/r/spydercoswap
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
rgc

Post by rgc »

Swap page is a good place to start, if more people used it it would be better, but that is up to us.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

"Spyderco Knives" group on Facebook. The only rule is that it has to be a Spyderco knife, or a brand x that you want to trade for a Spyderco.

I've not used OfferUp. I've had ads blocked on Craigslist, eBay, and FB Marketplace because knives are scary and liable to trigger someone's delicate psyche.
rgc

Post by rgc »

RustyIron wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:48 am
"Spyderco Knives" group on Facebook. The only rule is that it has to be a Spyderco knife, or a brand x that you want to trade for a Spyderco.

I've not used OfferUp. I've had ads blocked on Craigslist, eBay, and FB Marketplace because knives are scary and liable to trigger someone's delicate psyche.
Yeah, I am on a couple of pages that just want you to post knives by a particular maker. I get it, but I would prefer knives that are comparable to each other.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

- Spyderco Swap on Reditt. See Off Topic threads this forum

- BladeForums but you have to pay to sell, handle complete transaction, shipping, insurance, and deal with fraud

- Arizona Custom Knives(AZCK); I just used it to sell $8,000 in knives. You ship knives worth more than $200 to them, they take a 20% cut and it's 100% hands off, they handle everything. This is only useful for knives that have already gone up 20% or better, otherwise you take a loss.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
vivi

Post by vivi »

old.reddit.com/r/spydercoswap is where I purchased my last two spydies, the C95 I've been EDCing since I got it, and the Dragonfly I gave my kid for Christmas.

No fees for selling, the only requirement is you're an established member here and you PM me you reddit username on this forum so I can verify who you are.

It's lower traffic than alternatives but you'll deal with more trust worthy folks and pay no fees.
:unicorn
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:24 am
Would say the swap page, but that's about as much of a joke as keeping an alert thread...an alert thread.
Which swap page is this?
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Meadowlark wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:54 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Which swap page is this?
This one.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89177&hilit=spyderco+swap
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
rgc

Post by rgc »

phaust wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:38 am
reddit.com/r/knife_swap, bladeforums.com, facebook groups like https://www.facebook.com/groups/milliepm2p3club and https://www.facebook.com/groups/293142600884765
You Sir are an enabler. I did not belong to those facebook pages but what the heck I thought, maybe I should join. I got a direct response back from one, perused the listings and boom! Even though I told my self no more (except maybe one new before the prices increase) there it was, a deal on a discontinued knife that always caught my eye back in the day. So yeah, Paypal took another hit and I went from no Spydercos in September to a total of 6 before the new year. :thinking
phaust

Post by phaust »

rgc wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:28 pm
phaust wrote:
You Sir are an enabler. I did not belong to those facebook pages but what the heck I thought, maybe I should join. I got a direct response back from one, perused the listings and boom! Even though I told my self no more (except maybe one new before the prices increase) there it was, a deal on a discontinued knife that always caught my eye back in the day. So yeah, Paypal took another hit and I went from no Spydercos in September to a total of 6 before the new year. :thinking
The first one in particular has hurt my wallet also! Some good discussions as well
rgc

Post by rgc »

phaust wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:33 pm
rgc wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:28 pm
phaust wrote:
The first one in particular has hurt my wallet also! Some good discussions as well
Oh no. I'm still waiting on the ok at that one, it was the other that I found what I believed to be a deal to good to pass up.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I would try the Reddit Spyderco Swap here first, if they are Spydercos. There may not be a lot of activity, but, as vivi said, I would trust the people I was dealing with.
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Is this page known to be unreliable or questionable for sellers and buyers?
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Meadowlark wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:43 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Is this page known to be unreliable or questionable for sellers and buyers?
No, it should be legit...just nothing happens there.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

There are a lot of WTB posts. I wish there were more WTS. I guess we all like our Spydies.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

kennethsime wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:18 am
Reddit.com/r/spydercoswap

Really should be called the Spyder want-to-buy subreddit. I counted 13 WTBs to 5 WTSs then stopped counting. It appears it's overwhelmingly buyers who's populating the Spydercoswap, so should be a good place to sell!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189