CPM 15v Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jwbnyc

Re: CPM 15v Manix 2

Post by jwbnyc »

Congrats!
attila

Post by attila »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:10 pm
THANK you, its been an amazing day.

My beautiful son.

Trevor Houston

12/18/2022

I'll love him forever.
Congratulations, Shawn!!!!

My son is 5 months as of a few days ago, and he’s been awesome! For your sake, I hope Trevor starts consistently sleeping through the night within 2 months.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Cl1ff

Post by Cl1ff »

Congrats on everything!
My 15V Manix 2 should arrive soon too, so I’m all excited now!
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
clinton1

Post by clinton1 »

Congratulations on the Baby Boy, Shawn!!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Nice year you’re having, Shawn.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear DarkCleric21:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear T5BRICK:

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Eric/Indiana Knives:

Stay safe,

Mike
tyd450

Post by tyd450 »

Indiana Knives wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:43 pm
Hey everyone, Eric here with Indiana Knives. I really didn’t know how the bundling thing would be received as I have never tried it before. I tried to be as transparent as possible with the description being that both knives were combined MAP pricing as dealers are not typically allowed to sell below that price/give discounts. During the recent MAP holiday Spyderco held, I tried selling a few of these models at a price where I was taking a $20 loss on each sale and still didn’t get down to the inventory level I wanted on a couple models. I have limited resources as a small shop so I was just trying to free up some extra inventory as tax time is right around the corner for me. 80% of what I received will be sold individually at MAP price on Sunday afternoon and will be limited to 1 per customer in an effort to get them into collectors hands and off of eBay for the crazy prices scalpers are selling them at. I apologize if this rubbed anyone the wrong way, I do not plan on this being a regular thing by any means. I’m pretty much always available for questions/comments/concerns via text/email/phone etc. if you ever want to get ahold of me. Sincerely, Eric
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me :fist-bump
vanka

Post by vanka »

Just got mine. Few quick pics just for the start.
Rymanz

Post by Rymanz »

Indiana Knives wrote:
Hey everyone, Eric here with Indiana Knives. I really didn’t know how the bundling thing would be received as I have never tried it before. I tried to be as transparent as possible with the description being that both knives were combined MAP pricing as dealers are not typically allowed to sell below that price/give discounts. During the recent MAP holiday Spyderco held, I tried selling a few of these models at a price where I was taking a $20 loss on each sale and still didn’t get down to the inventory level I wanted on a couple models. I have limited resources as a small shop so I was just trying to free up some extra inventory as tax time is right around the corner for me. 80% of what I received will be sold individually at MAP price on Sunday afternoon and will be limited to 1 per customer in an effort to get them into collectors hands and off of eBay for the crazy prices scalpers are selling them at. I apologize if this rubbed anyone the wrong way, I do not plan on this being a regular thing by any means. I’m pretty much always available for questions/comments/concerns via text/email/phone etc. if you ever want to get ahold of me. Sincerely, Eric
Thank you for stopping in to explain!

I didn't personally see an issue with it since you explained pretty clearly in the product description that both knives were at MAP. Nobody forced your customers to buy the combo deals. It's entirely possible the people that bought them wanted the other knife in the bundle anyways.
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
dullmaker

Post by dullmaker »

Congratulations on your son Shawn.
GeezyG

Post by GeezyG »

Rymanz wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:42 am
Indiana Knives wrote:
Thank you for stopping in to explain!

I didn't personally see an issue with it since you explained pretty clearly in the product description that both knives were at MAP. Nobody forced your customers to buy the combo deals. It's entirely possible the people that bought them wanted the other knife in the bundle anyways.
I think with most posting formats or reviews, u get more negative responses. The people that get perturbed feel wronged or snubbed and are more likely let their feelings be heard. Most people that DON'T get rubbed the wrong way just go about their day without saying a word. I didn't dislike Indiana Knifes method, especially in their original listing talking about the bundling, they said most of em would be sold as individuals and they gave the likely day they would be released. Everybody that has issues with sprint runs is that their is no heads up when they drop. Well, there was a heads up at Indiana Knives. Kool beans✌
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I have invested too much time into this to keep being five minutes too late. This isn’t fun anymore.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

GeezyG wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:55 am
I think with most posting formats or reviews, u get more negative responses. The people that get perturbed feel wronged or snubbed and are more likely let their feelings be heard. Most people that DON'T get rubbed the wrong way just go about their day without saying a word. I didn't dislike Indiana Knifes method, especially in their original listing talking about the bundling, they said most of em would be sold as individuals and they gave the likely day they would be released. Everybody that has issues with sprint runs is that their is no heads up when they drop. Well, there was a heads up at Indiana Knives. Kool beans✌
This is a great point and spot on. I saw no problem with this. It is actually a good idea imo. If it was near the end of the sprint run or I had absolutely had enough of the hunt, I’d be greatful for the opportunity to pick up a bundle. Much better than getting hosed on the aftermarket or even paying a small premium over MAP.

By the way; Congratulations on the new addition Shawn! I’ve been a watching you on youtube since the beginning and it has been awesome to follow you on your journey from sharpening to actually making knives. You are living the dream! Best wishes to you and yours in the new year.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:41 pm
I have invested too much time into this to keep being five minutes too late. This isn’t fun anymore.
Boom!!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease! 15V invound! Thanks!!!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Knifecenter must have a giant batch of these. Posted here, and on Facebook groups and still around

And gone around 1:35 EST
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

A big thank you to all of you who are trying to find available knives for the rest of us.

Much appreciated.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
IowaGeologist

Post by IowaGeologist »

Just got mine delivered from National Knives, and not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed in the QC on this one. Action is the stiffest I've had in a new Manix and can't even be flicked shut. Additionally, the grinds are completely off from each other.

I'm sure I'll be able to mess around and clean up the action, but I guess I just expected a little more for a $160 sprint run when all of my previous Manix's, even the Lightweights, have been better from the factory. Reprofiling one side has me a little nervous however.

Oh well, at least I got one I guess.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

It's not about the action and flicking...this knife is about the steel.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick