Caly Series. What's Next?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Nate

Re: Caly Series. What's Next?

Post by Nate »

Yeah, all good just different. I don’t think Spyderco would knowingly put out a knife in a “bad” steel, just different flavors.

I’ll pile on about the sharpening respone and also like the way it patinas.
:spyder:
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I keep meaning to try a Jr. I love the Caly, 3.5 & UKPK family.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

One of the many things I like about the Caly Series, is the larger finger choil. For having a smaller handle, it doesn't really lend itself for a secure grip behind the choil, so it becomes a choil use only model. The larger choil makes that so much more comfortable and begs to be used. Similar to the Shaman where it really feels great using the larger choil.

Here it is compared to the PM2.
PM2

Sal if you are reading this, I have no doubt a SPY27 Blue G10 or Cruwear Gray G10 would be a huge success for this model.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Tristan_david2001

Post by Tristan_david2001 »

At this point I’m personally hoping to see the c54 or Caly jr back from this series the most with how few runs they’ve gotten.. in some form...also excited for when we’re gonna have a look at the caly4.0
:bug-red-white
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Tristan_david2001 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:29 pm
At this point I’m personally hoping to see the c54 or Caly jr back from this series the most with how few runs they’ve gotten.. in some form...also excited for when we’re gonna have a look at the caly4.0
The Caly 4.0 would be a nice surprise too. After the Ayoob sprint run, I am not sure what else the Moki factory is producing except the Caly 3.5 CF model. Hopefully, they are ready for the 4 or some other regular production model to get in their lineup. I am rooting for them.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Great comparison shots , definitely can see the difference between the two . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau