CPM 15v Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rymanz

Re: CPM 15v Manix 2

Post by Rymanz »

One sold on the facebook group for $300. And it sold fast too. I'd bet these will go for twice retail all day long on the secondary market.
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Being the genius that I am, I would buy one, never get myself to use it because Sprint Run, then sell it down the road for just what I paid for it. I know this, because I did that with the Spyderhawk.
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

Rymanz wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:26 pm
One sold on the facebook group for $300. And it sold fast too. I'd bet these will go for twice retail all day long on the secondary market.
kinda makes my skin crawl thinking about it. I gotta respect retailers that limit purchases to 1 per person.
RustyIron

Post by RustyIron »

electro-static wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:53 pm
kinda makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

Why?

msum

Post by msum »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:31 pm
Being the genius that I am, I would buy one, never get myself to use it because Sprint Run, then sell it down the road for just what I paid for it. I know this, because I did that with the Spyderhawk.
Genius to which I can only aspire!
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

ladybug93 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:55 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:30 pm
Everyone settle down, these are going to drop from like 20 different places. Plenty of opportunities ahead.
but the fomo is strong with this one. people want that neverending edge retention.
Huge FOMO for me, but got a second Native 5 in maxamet so now I am not worried about it as much. Be a cool knife to have but nothing I would need for a EDC. I would be better off with something like a MagnaCut Manix for EDC. Still some FOMO.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Rymanz wrote:
Why would this happen if they are still available? Are they already sold out?
electro-static

Post by electro-static »

cabfrank wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:44 pm
Rymanz wrote:
Why would this happen if they are still available? Are they already sold out?
major retailers have not put them on sale yet, so the smaller shops that have put them up for sale have seen their stock evaporate in minutes. I think folks are fearful the same thing will happen to major retailers.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

Keep in mind that dealers will receive premiere shipments of only a few knives, which means they won’t have many to begin with. The demand is high so the knives will sell out fast regardless but these first handful of shipments are going to be noticeably faster because they literally don’t have that many to sell.
-Nick :bug-red
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

It's strange. I feel like I could buy one retail if I wanted to, but maybe I'm wrong.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Nick beat me to it. But i didn't type all this to not post it. :beaming-face
For anybody that doesn't know about Sprint Runs.
Usually Sprint Runs will initially get shipped to all the dealers in the Premier program. This initial Premier shipment consists of the Collectors Club knives as well as a handful of knives to each Premier dealer. These usually sell out fast because of the low quantity initially available.
Spyderco will then start shipping larger quantities of the Sprint Run to all the dealers that get Sprint Runs. Some dealers will hang on to their initial handful until their larger order comes in.
From my observation, the time between Spyderco shipping the first one and most all of the dealers getting them up for sale is usually a couple months. It may be a little shorter or a little longer, depending on the size of the run. Nobody knows the size of the run or the shipping logistics except Spyderco. Sometimes we get word of how large the run is, but not usually.
Moral of the story is... If you're persistent and patient you will likely score one. These aren't going to be all gone in a week.
The **Alert Thread** is going to be a valuable resource for many. I'm going to do my best to help keep an eye out and so will a lot of others.
For anybody not aware, I myself am subscribed to that thread and so are many other people around here. Every post sends a notification. Even the posts that are not "alerts." Kinda like somebody ringing the dinner bell and finding out dinner isn't ready. I've never had a dinner bell but I would imagine it would be cruel to ring it unnecessarily.
If any of the above is wrong, I'd love to be corrected.
Happy hunting! :respect
•• Beau
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:17 pm
For anybody that doesn't know about Sprint Runs…
Thanks for this thorough overview of how the Sprints occur. I’ve been around for a while and didn’t know a lot of this.

Also, apologies for any false dinner bells I may have set off in the other thread! :)
capt.carl

Post by capt.carl »

Thanks Buddafucco, you an an invaluable forum member
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Buddafucco wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:17 pm
For anybody that doesn't know about Sprint Runs.
Usually Sprint Runs will initially get shipped to all the dealers in the Premier program. This initial Premier shipment consists of the Collectors Club knives as well as a handful of knives to each Premier dealer. These usually sell out fast because of the low quantity initially available.
Spyderco will then start shipping larger quantities of the Sprint Run to all the dealers that get Sprint Runs. Some dealers will hang on to their initial handful until their larger order comes in.
From my observation, the time between Spyderco shipping the first one and most all of the dealers getting them up for sale is usually a couple months. It may be a little shorter or a little longer, depending on the size of the run. Nobody knows the size of the run or the shipping logistics except Spyderco. Sometimes we get word of how large the run is, but not usually.
Moral of the story is... If you're persistent and patient you will likely score one. These aren't going to be all gone in a week.
The **Alert Thread** is going to be a valuable resource for many. I'm going to do my best to help keep an eye out and so will a lot of others.
For anybody not aware, I myself am subscribed to that thread and so are many other people around here. Every post sends a notification. Even the posts that are not "alerts." Kinda like somebody ringing the dinner bell and finding out dinner isn't ready. I've never had a dinner bell but I would imagine it would be cruel to ring it unnecessarily.
If any of the above is wrong, I'd love to be corrected.
Happy hunting! :respect
I will not subscribe to that thread. If I did, there would be a puddle of drool on the keyboard! :winking-tongue
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

msum wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:34 am
Buddafucco wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:19 am
Deadwood Knives... Keep an eye on the price... https://deadwoodknives.com/p-c101gpbn15 ... 01gpbn15v2
Says In-Stock.

But also says this, on adding to cart:

Product that you are trying to add is not available…

Cowboyfromhell wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:44 am
In stock but not available?.....
Sorry about that. Thank you both. I didn't actually try and purchase at Deadwood. Maybe it already sold out. Don't know.

Edit: To add msum's moderated post :smlling-eyes
Last edited by Buddafucco on Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
•• Beau
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Thank you Beau, watching all this early panic is pretty annoying. Hopefully those that haven't been regulars around here for awhile read that and take your advice. We know how it works, like I've said...no need to panic!

Also like to thank you for again mentioning the alert thread and the sole purpose behind it. It's been brought up multiple times throughout that thread. Same small handful don't seem to listen.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Got my shipping notification yesterday. Excited to have it inbound.
--Jeremy
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Got my shipping notification this morning…is it here yet??!
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Burton Knut wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:39 am
Got my shipping notification this morning…is it here yet??!
It's raining right now so it will probably be late. :winking-tongue
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
brancron

Post by brancron »

While I love Triple B and think this collaboration is fantastic, I am sitting this one out. The only reason is because I fully recognize that my sharpening skills are not up to the task of maintaining 15V. I am happy with my 52100 Manix and SPY27 Manix LW, and those steels are much more manageable for a sharpening ignoramus like myself.

That said, I have glimpsed the original Triple B design that's still in the works, and I MUST have that one when it comes out regardless of the steel! (Perhaps in the interim I can "hone" my sharpening skills.)