Black Friday Deals

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buddafucco

Re: Black Friday Deals

Post by Buddafucco »

New Graham has a 25% code "spydealco" starting at 12am tonight through Monday. I'm assuming that's EST since they're in Virginia.
Their new website is nicer but it's still a bit messy to browse through. Here's their Spyderco's... https://newgraham.com/manufacturer/spyderco.html
•• Beau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:43 pm
New Graham has a 25% code "spydealco" starting at 12am tonight through Monday. I'm assuming that's EST since they're in Virginia.
Their new website is nicer but it's still a bit messy to browse through. Here's their Spyderco's... https://newgraham.com/manufacturer/spyderco.html

I assume that’s 25% off the regular MAP price? Anything 45%+ off MSRP (47.5% in this case) is lot better than the regular MAP of 30% off MSRP.

I got one today at 50% Off MSRP + No Sales Tax + Free Shipping. I’m spoiled now assuming it ships.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Well, that’s a surprise. Too late capture any more of my money this year, but it will help many others.

Thanks Spyderco for dropping MAP, if only for a short time.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:59 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

I assume that’s 25% off the regular MAP price? Anything 45%+ off MSRP (47.5% in this case) is lot better than the regular MAP of 30% off MSRP.

I got one today at 50% Off MSRP + No Sales Tax + Free Shipping. I’m spoiled now assuming it ships.

I would also assume that it's 25% off of MAP, but I couldn't say for sure.
I've only seen one dealer (that I keep tabs on) that might have some pricing shenanigans.

I'm glad you mentioned that GPknives post. I saw KnifeJoy comment about a MAP vacation and wasn't sure if all these sales were a Spyderco official thing. I guess it is. I do wish we had known it was going to happen so I could have been better prepared. But it's still pretty awesome to see all the discounts on Spydies!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you score for 50% off?
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:24 pm
So I guess here's my question: anyone seen a Stretch 2 XL in Cruwear/G10 at any of the vendors with 20%(+) off?
I've only seen them available at one place so far.
Though you might get lucky if the sales last through the weekend.
•• Beau
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:20 pm
RamZar wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:59 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

I would also assume that it's 25% off of MAP, but I couldn't say for sure.
I've only seen one dealer (that I keep tabs on) that might have some pricing shenanigans.

I'm glad you mentioned that GPknives post. I saw KnifeJoy comment about a MAP vacation and wasn't sure if all these sales were a Spyderco official thing. I guess it is. I do wish we had known it was going to happen so I could have been better prepared. But it's still pretty awesome to see all the discounts on Spydies!
If you don't mind me asking, what did you score for 50% off?

Stovepipe!

Back in January 2022 I mentioned getting it if it becomes $300!

On January 28, 2022 I posted the following in the 2022 Reveal — Stovepipe Thread C260TIP:
RamZar wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:22 pm
GaryArt1 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:30 pm
Got it from spyderco.com as soon as I saw it was shipping. With Opfocus discount, it makes these expensive knives somewhat more palatable. Can't wait to get it in. It is so different than anything else I own, I figured I give it a try.
DFD04 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm
I dropped into SFO today and held this beauty. It’s awesome…but the price is asinine. I’m probably one of the biggest Spyderco apologists, but this one is insane.

I can get a Randall for these prices…no thanks.

The OpFocus price of $300 is about what it should be selling for to everyone. Oh well! I’ll get one in two years from now once it has been discontinued and discounted.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

RamZar wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:35 pm
Stovepipe!
Awesome! That's a much nicer price on the Stovepipe. :party-face
•• Beau
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I got the S30V Military from CutleryShoppe for $186. Hopefully my last knife purchase for the year.

They also have the Kapara for $200.10, but I am over budget as it is.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Just picked up a k390 Dragonfly Wharncliffe at SNK for $81.20. Would like to go back for the Delica version for 98.56.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The KnifeCenter link below has in stock knives at 44% off MSRP instead of the usual 30% off MSRP.

https://www.knifecenter.com/brand/234/s ... labilityDe
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Native5 S90V Fluted Carbon Fiber normally is $277.20 but now $221.76 (44% off MSRP). One of the nicest CF you’ll see and hold. Only 9 in stock.

https://www.stnicksknives.com/collectio ... v-c41cffp5
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Knifejoy has a huge sale going on.

Exclusive Blue Spydiechef is $207

K390 Endela is $113
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

KnivesShipFree has many spyderco on sale.

Spydiechef Is $188

Ikuchi is $112

Shaman $161

The list goes on…
Mrj

Post by Mrj »

Ranger_Ike wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:38 pm

Spydiechef Is $188

Ikuchi is $112

Shaman $161

The list goes on…
Just got pm2 maxamet 175$
MRj “Weak things break!”
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Ranger_Ike wrote:

Spydiechef Is $188

SpydieChef at 49% off MSRP or $188.41 is a heck of a deal compared to the regular MAP price of $269.15!

https://www.knivesshipfree.com/spyderco ... k-c211tip/
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

This is almost nostalgic. :grin-squint It’s reminiscent of the times before MAP when retailers would consistently offer their own unique deals, which made it a lot of fun to shop around. It also lead to more frequent impulse purchases… :zipper MAP kind of turned things into a retailer popularity contest or a competition for who can offer the most generous “loyalty” rewards.

Maybe this can work as a good experiment? It could be the start of a “No More MAP” campaign to help compensate for the inevitable price increases after the new year. :thinking
-Nick :bug-red
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

Indiana knives has the ayoob for $164

https://indianaknives.com/products/spy ... pify_email
Guts

Post by Guts »

Ranger_Ike wrote:

Spydiechef Is $188

Ikuchi is $112

Shaman $161

The list goes on…

Oh man, they got me for a lot lol
Last edited by Guts on Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-red-white :bug-red :bug-white-red
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

My brain exploded.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Ranger_Ike

Post by Ranger_Ike »

If anyone is on the fence, Lil temperance is $139 at indiana knives