A Sincere THANK YOU To Mr. Glesser & the Spyderco Staff

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

A Sincere THANK YOU To Mr. Glesser & the Spyderco Staff

Post by JD Spydo »

With the recently released Cruwear C-60 Ayoob being such a nice success it has made many of us Forumites extremely happy. Especially with a past model that seems to be extremely pleasing to a lot of die hard Spyderco fans>> it's sure been one of my all time favorites of the Great Spyder Factory. I just want take a moment to tell Mr. Sal Glesser and the rest of the Spyderco Staff who made that Sprint Run possible a big sincere THANK YOU! I can't tell you how happy that Cruwear Ayoob has made me as I'm 100% sure it has made many other fans as well. And I'm sure I'm speaking for a large number of the guys/gals here on the Forum as well.

It's not every company that has a CEO who fervently listens to their customer base like Mr. Sal Glesser does. And also recently hearing that a new set of 701 Profiles are also in the product pipeline has also brought joy to my heart recently as well. I can't think of any other knife company that listens to their customer base as studiously as Spyderco does.

And I hope that many of the hard core Ayoob fans who also wanted this Cruwear Ayoob will also give a big THANK YOU as well>> as I'm sure they will. Speaking for all the great guys & gals here at Spyderville we can't thank you all enough.
cjk

Re: A Sincere THANK YOU To Mr. Glesser & the Spyderco Staff

Post by cjk »

JD Spydo wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:36 am
701 Profiles
What does "701 Profiles" mean?
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

cjk wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:47 am
JD Spydo wrote:
701 Profiles
What does "701 Profiles" mean?
they're sharpening stones.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
cjk

Post by cjk »

ladybug93 wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:48 am
they're sharpening stones.
Thank you.
cjk

Post by cjk »

JD Spydo wrote:
With the recently released Cruwear C-60 Ayoob being such a nice success it has made many of us Forumites extremely happy. Especially with a past model that seems to be extremely pleasing to a lot of die hard Spyderco fans>> it's sure been one of my all time favorites of the Great Spyder Factory. I just want take a moment to tell Mr. Sal Glesser and the rest of the Spyderco Staff who made that Sprint Run possible a big sincere THANK YOU! I can't tell you how happy that Cruwear Ayoob has made me as I'm 100% sure it has made many other fans as well. And I'm sure I'm speaking for a large number of the guys/gals here on the Forum as well.

It's not every company that has a CEO who fervently listens to their customer base like Mr. Sal Glesser does. And also recently hearing that a new set of 701 Profiles are also in the product pipeline has also brought joy to my heart recently as well. I can't think of any other knife company that listens to their customer base as studiously as Spyderco does.

And I hope that many of the hard core Ayoob fans who also wanted this Cruwear Ayoob will also give a big THANK YOU as well>> as I'm sure they will. Speaking for all the great guys & gals here at Spyderville we can't thank you all enough.
While the Ayoob wasn't my kind of thing, it is for a lot of other folks, and I concur in this sentiment.

Sal providing this forum and interacting with folks on it is pretty unique and special. I'm thankful Spyderco does it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

cjk wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:21 pm
JD Spydo wrote:

While the Ayoob wasn't my kind of thing, it is for a lot of other folks, and I concur in this sentiment.

Sal providing this forum and interacting with folks on it is pretty unique and special. I'm thankful Spyderco does it.
Yes I will concur with what you just stated. Because it's really rare in this day and age when someone ( or some company) really puts so much pride into their work and they are totally striving for quality while maintaining a good reputation. Too many companies in this day and age have the bottom line of maximized profits. Yes most companies want maximized profits and could care less about about their consumer base.

The good folks at Spyderco truly go the extra mile with quality and service.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Joe , where else could a Ayoob sprint type happen at another company ? The part about Spyderco is the interaction with Forum members and the knife community as a whole . I’m thankful to be part of it .Regards , MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

Minor point of information - Sal isn’t the CEO anymore, Eric is. But it’s very cool that Sal’s opinions and expertise are still so respected, he’s so involved in the forum, and they both care so much about the community.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi JD,

You are welcome, but you certainly worked for it.

Aaron,

I'm still the CEO and President.

sal
aaronkb

Post by aaronkb »

sal wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:36 am
Hi JD,

Aaron,

sal
My mistake! I could have sworn Eric took over a few years ago, what was I thinking of? Did he take over a separate role?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:36 am
Hi JD,

Aaron,

sal
Well thank you so very much Mr. Glesser for the kind words. However the C-60 Ayoob model was such a well liked and well respected super classic model that it literally sold itself in many ways. It was an easy sell to get a lot of people on the same page it seems for this project. I didn't notice very many people having anything negative to say about the C-60 Ayoob model during the campaign.

And consistently over the years I had heard so many people complain that they could not find an older C-60 model for their collection or for a user. This project has not only made a lot of Spyderco users happy but it has also given several ardent collectors a new model to seek after as well.

I just hope that the company ended up doing well with the project as much as the fans and users obviously did. Again Sir we sincerely THANK YOU.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageNeed at least one picture for this thread . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
sal

Post by sal »

Eric is the GM, and Director of R&D.

sal
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Sal, I thought you were the CMFWIC. :thinking :cheap-sunglasses
sal