Battery Tender

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
FeistyKat

Battery Tender

Post by FeistyKat »

Hi, all-

I just bought a Battery Tender and I'm looking for a little leg-up on getting started with this thing.

I would like to attach a charging cable on my tractor with the Battery Tender end protruding from the battery cover, to make charging the battery easier.

My tractor uses a standard 12v car battery, with the standard terminal posts, but the only thing I'm seeing for the Battery Tender has rings for a motorcycle battery which are too small.

Do they make rings for a standard car battery?

Best,

FK
kerrcobra

Re: Battery Tender

Post by kerrcobra »

You probably just need a battery terminal adapter. I'm assuming you are talking about an SAE quick connect to ring adapter that you want to leave connected to your tractor. I don't know much about this either, but my quick googling tells me you just need a battery terminal adapter which should have something for the smaller ring to connect to.
--Jeremy
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The rings on the quick disconnect wire usually fit the 10mm bolts just fine. I leave mine connected all year and just tuck it away when not in use. Having an inline fuse is recommended.

FeistyKat

Post by FeistyKat »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:57 pm
The rings on the quick disconnect wire usually fit the 10mm bolts just fine. I leave mine connected all year and just tuck it away when not in use. Having an inline fuse is recommended.

Thanks, I wondered about connecting the rings to the bolts.

That'll work for me!

I was just assuming that a full sized ring was what I should be looking for.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

I had one come with an adapter with large crocodile clips. I cut those down, flattened and drilled them to make spades of the right size for my van battery.