BladeHQ Exclusive Lum Tanto

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RamZar

Re: BladeHQ Exclusive Lum Tanto

Post by RamZar »

Lum Tanto M390 Black TiCN Blade OD Green G-10 C46GPODBK BladeHQ (Japan) will be available on Tuesday October 25th at 10am MT for $289.95.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
WRB

Post by WRB »

If this was ~$200 it would be quite nice.
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

This is my favorite Spyderco and I have ALL of the previous releases (8 by my count) But this one is to expensive for me!
BOB LUM TANTO #C46P PLAIN EDGE TITANIUM ATS-55
BOB LUM TANTO #C46PS COMBOEDGE TITANIUM ATS-55
BOB LUM TANTO #C46GP PLAIN EDGE G-10 ATS-55
BOB LUM TANTO #C46GPS COMBOEDGE G-10 ATS-55
BOB LUM TANTO BB #C46GPBK PLAIN EDGE G-10 ATS-55
BOB LUM TANTO BB #C46GPSBK COMBOEDGE G-10 ATS-55
BOB LUM TANTO #C46GPGY PLAIN EDGE G-10 GRAY VG-10
BOB LUM TANTO #C46GHAP40P PLAIN EDGE G-10 NATURAL HAP40
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

This knife checks all my boxes, and I only found out about it (thanks to this thread) a few minutes ago. Even the colour scheme is my favourite!

I know it's got a liner lock, but does anyone know if it's a Walker liner lock specifically? Even the Spyderco website doesn't say for sure..
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:30 pm
This knife checks all my boxes, and I only found out about it (thanks to this thread) a few minutes ago. Even the colour scheme is my favourite!

I know it's got a liner lock, but does anyone know if it's a Walker liner lock specifically? Even the Spyderco website doesn't say for sure..
I don’t think they have to explicitly say it’s a “Walker” liner lock. Spyderco credits the liner lock to him.
A9259D41-EFE6-43F1-AC14-4CC41D5654CC.jpeg
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

Freediver wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:10 pm
TheGiant80 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:30 pm

I don’t think they have to explicitly say it’s a “Walker” liner lock. Spyderco credits the liner lock to him.
Yeah fair enough. The reason I asked; I’ve seen some liner lock Spyderco models that specifically say “Walker liner lock” in their description. This Lum model doesn’t say that, piquing my curiosity.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

rgc wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:34 pm
Nice, but, I will spend my money on the new Stretch XL in Cru-wear over this one.
The exact dilemma I’m currently wrestling with. For you, is the SXL a clearly superior model to the Lum?
rgc

Post by rgc »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:24 pm
rgc wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:34 pm
Nice, but, I will spend my money on the new Stretch XL in Cru-wear over this one.
The exact dilemma I’m currently wrestling with. For you, is the SXL a clearly superior model to the Lum?
Nope. They are so very close in almost all aspects including just a couple of bucks difference in price on Blade HQ. I just got the Chief in M390 and don't own a Cru-Wear knife. The liner lock is also my least favorite (love lock backs and like the compression lock). That said if this was a compression lock I would be so confused, but it is not. I like the color scheme and even the tanto shape though I do not care for something about the way the spydie hole sticks up and the Stretch has a more useful blade shape. All that to say the Stretch XL is the pick for me but it is not clearly a superior model.
Skar

Post by Skar »

I really like this.
I won't be purchasing one, I would prefer hap 40 steel and a bit less for the price.

I think the look and color scheme are sharp.
I think it would be a great knife to own.
Good luck.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:54 am
Coated blade = hard pass from me, sorry..
I love my HAP40 Lum, especially after getting rid of the petrified snot scales and getting custom Mopane wood ones, with better fit and finish than the OEM :)

If this one was offered, I’d be on it.
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Good luck to everyone planning to get this model. I wonder if BHQ also ordered it in satin for release at a later date? Either way, I'm out of knife funds for the month so more for you guys.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

On sale at 10am MT (about 4 hours from now):

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... fe--175492

I’m betting there’ll be a satin version at some point.

• I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

I added to cart, went to check out, and "This type of item cannot be shipped to your country."

I've ordered from BladeHQ several times. This knife isn't an auto. There should be no difficulties getting it over the border.

I am done with that stupid website. I understand now why so many people don't like them.
VipeX

Post by VipeX »

TheGiant80 wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:02 am
I added to cart, went to check out, and "This type of item cannot be shipped to your country."

I've ordered from BladeHQ several times. This knife isn't an auto. There should be no difficulties getting it over the border.

I am done with that stupid website. I understand now why so many people don't like them.
I didn't even try because the only option with them is USPS to Canada Post and the CBSA is a pain in the *** lately with pocket knives.

I did order from other US vendors that ship via FedEx or UPS and they went thru just fine and wayyyyyy quicker ;)

I don't know if that's because they focus more on anything that comes thru USPS/Canada Post but that's my personal experience.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

I emailed BHQ. Their response:

“Hey, Dan.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Spyderco has recently changed their policy and none of their knives may be shipped to Canada.

I apologize for any inconvenience.
Have a great day.”

Why Sal? Whyyy?

:(
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

they probably had too many issues with upset customers not getting knives they ordered. blame canada, not spyderco.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

You could have a US based forum friend buy one and ship it for you. At least then they could tighten the pivot down snug before shipping it. Same risks of seizure if they are seizing by brand these days. Soon you will able be unable to buy paper due to the nasty paper cuts you could inflict!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

BladeHQ seems to have issues with colors. Now, the email announcement indicating that it’s live has this picture which again isn’t OD Green!

Danke

Post by Danke »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:03 pm
BladeHQ seems to have issues with colors. Now, the email announcement indicating that it’s live has this picture which again isn’t OD Green!

We call that one "Fall Green".
jdw

Post by jdw »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:03 pm

I so appreciate your post of this pic. I would have likely missed it and I absolutely can’t stand that color of mustard yellow G10. You may have just saved me $300+ on a knife that I would mainly be buying for sentimental sake anyway. It will be interesting to see some pics from forumites when these start rolling in.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka