The World Is overrun by Zombies. What knife do you choose.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cl1ff

Re: The World Is overrun by Zombies. What knife do you choose.

Post by Cl1ff »

Fireman wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:16 am
Cl1ff wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:14 am
Pokey wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:50 pm
They do sell Randall Made Knives at the SFO, too.
Didn’t know this
Some good ones too
I’ve lived near where they’re made my whole incredibly long life (not really as I’ll somehow be 20 in a few weeks), but never actually seen one in person.
I think I’d stop by there on my way up to Golden during the zombie apocalypse.
rex121 is the king of steel, but nature’s teeth have been cutting for hundreds of millions of years and counting :cool:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

How corrosive is zombie blood? Do we really know? Maybe Rock Salt or Waterway. Modified whale release blade?
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Surfingringo wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:22 am
How corrosive is zombie blood? Do we really know? Maybe Rock Salt or Waterway. Modified whale release blade?
I don’t think Zombies have a functioning circulation, so it’s just old blood
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
BMCM

Post by BMCM »

Zombies you say?

Not doing knife vs the undead... Nope
Yeah, any 7.62x51mm battle rifle ie. SR25, FN FAL, G3, M14, L1A1. I like the Aussie L1A1 best.
As for when the ammo runs out...
Hansa 24 inch Lampon Aguila machete and my Busse Combat F16 will have to suffice 'till they get me.
Bike_rights

Post by Bike_rights »

Province and a cruwear tuff for me!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Dillon Aero.

🎤⬇️
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:01 am
Dillon Aero.

Need a lot of ammo for that!

Cutting tools just need sharpening!
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

RamZar wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:16 am
Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:01 am
Dillon Aero.

Need a lot of ammo for that!

Cutting tools just need sharpening!
As long as we’re dreaming my Aero comes with an unlimited supply! And A10 support!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Yeah, but what about people who, more problematically, have been body-snatched (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049366/)?
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Josh Crutchley

Post by Josh Crutchley »

Fireman wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:42 am
The whale rescue blade on a long poll would be perfect for zombies. I would go with the 440c variant for the added edge retention.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221011-101656_Chrome.jpg
rgc

Post by rgc »

If I had to choose something I own it would be my Junglas. If I got to pick a Spyderco of choice it would be the Hossom Forester. Really wish I would have grabbed one of the Hossom blades when they were available.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:44 am
Probably whatever biggest fixed blade is that they have in stock. I'd assume they don't have any Rock Salts or Foresters etc, so probably a Jumpmaster 2.

Oh and why would be because it's super strong and ultra low maintenance.
I completely agree that a nice fixed blade is probably the best overall practical tool for serious self defense. In the Spyderco menu the RONIN and TEMPERANCE 1 & 2 models immediately come to mind. This is another reason I've been beating the drum for a possible Salt Series version of the TEMPERANCE 1 model to be reintroduced. It was one of the very few Spyderco fixed blades that was made available in PE & SE both.

And to this very day it's still pretty much my all time favorite Spyderco fixed blade. If I were seriously faced with fighting off deranged criminals ( or zombies if they ever exist) I still find my two COLD STEEL Gurkha Kukri models to be a really fierce tool for self defense and for quick retaliation. I did defend myself a few years back by just simply threatening to use one on a couple of thugs who were trying to rob me in the middle of the night. Just the sight of that bad boy is the ultimate tool for intimidation.

The only negative is that those Gurkha Kukri models are rather large compared to many other good fixed blade models. Yeah I would sure want a serious fixed blade of some sort in a serious self defense scenario.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Josh Crutchley wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:30 am
Fireman wrote:
The whale rescue blade on a long poll would be perfect for zombies. I would go with the 440c variant for the added edge retention.
If a guy were to rig up a seriously ergonomic handle for that Whale Saving knife of Spyderco's it would be one ferocious fixed blade. But I would want a super rigid handle of some type for better control. The problem with totally counting on a knife for your self defense is that if the perpetrator has any type of modern firearm you are screwed, blued and tattooed.

You all know the old saying "Don't Take A Knife To A Gun Fight". But on the other hand I always carry some type of blade on me at all times because it is certainly a lot better than no weapon at all.

Also do consider that many of the old hoodlums in years past ( and some good people too) used to carry Straight Razors for self defense. You don't hear about it much anymore. One thing about a well sharpened Straight Razor is that they would have a super deep penetrating cut. There have been a lot of people in years past that quickly bled out from a deep wound received from a good quality Straight Razor.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

A bayonet with a 7”+ blade length and thick 0.2” stock should do nicely specially with a Tanto tip and partially serrated blade. This one is from Fox Knives of Maniago, Italy: FOX Oplita Bayonet Tanto. Spyderco has done collaborations with Fox and this would be a nice one and its version would have a round hole instead of the oval with some adaptation.

https://youtu.be/ZOFmOmrn1YQ
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
eventhorizon

Post by eventhorizon »

:thinking
notorious fidgeteer
huyfishin

Post by huyfishin »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:40 am
Josh Crutchley wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:30 am
Fireman wrote:
If a guy were to rig up a seriously ergonomic handle for that Whale Saving knife of Spyderco's it would be one ferocious fixed blade. But I would want a super rigid handle of some type for better control. The problem with totally counting on a knife for your self defense is that if the perpetrator has any type of modern firearm you are screwed, blued and tattooed.

You all know the old saying "Don't Take A Knife To A Gun Fight". But on the other hand I always carry some type of blade on me at all times because it is certainly a lot better than no weapon at all.

Also do consider that many of the old hoodlums in years past ( and some good people too) used to carry Straight Razors for self defense. You don't hear about it much anymore. One thing about a well sharpened Straight Razor is that they would have a super deep penetrating cut. There have been a lot of people in years past that quickly bled out from a deep wound received from a good quality Straight Razor.
My yojumbo is like a straight razor LOL this is a meat cutting test on a piece of pork using the yojumbo. Random video I found. 4 inches deep one slash.
https://youtu.be/9MPs25aKmo0

if the perpetrator has a gun then its gorilla warefare time.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
I Play With Salt Knives / instagram huyfishin
brancron

Post by brancron »

In my imagination zombies have pretty soft flesh, so this whale rescue turned slasher would do a fine job! Tip reprofiled (to make it pointy and sharp) by AgarthaAudio (aka bladechops), and coarse peel ply orange G10 scales by Knockwood Blades.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

I'll stretch the definition but I'd go for some form of halberd or poleaxe paired with a thick machete. you really wanna keep those things at a distance.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Meadowlark

Post by Meadowlark »

brancron wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:21 pm

In my imagination zombies have pretty soft flesh, so this whale rescue turned slasher would do a fine job! Tip reprofiled (to make it pointy and sharp) by AgarthaAudio (aka bladechops), and coarse peel ply orange G10 scales by Knockwood Blades.
Man, that thing is awesome.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Schempp Rock.