What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
JRinFL
Member
Posts: 4931
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:30 am
Location: Unfashionable West End of the Galaxy (SE USA)

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby JRinFL » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:44 pm

Enactive wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:20 am
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 1.18.55 PM.jpg

Pumpkin Spice Case Sodbuster.
Nice and seasonal.

I've been enjoying my two all steel and bone knives lately. Here's the newer of the two. #35 cattle knife from the last run.

ETA: Also lucky for me they both have sweet long pulls and cut swedges, quite nice i think.


PXL_20220923_001309448sm.jpg
Nice Cattle Knife! I’ve had zero luck getting any GECs since the 88. Equal ends and long pulls are a great combo. I wish GEC would expand and make a line of continuously produced “working” knives. Just a small selection of knives people can buy without the lolly scramble it is now.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill “Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.M.N.O.S.D. 0001

User avatar
Makunochimaster
Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:40 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Makunochimaster » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 pm

Image
Native 5 cpm-s110v frn, Delica 4 cts-204p limited,
Chaparral cts-xhp frn, Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v,
Endura zdp-189 orange; Ambitious 8Cr13MoV G10.

prndltech
Member
Posts: 2326
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby prndltech » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:39 pm

Image


Still hasn’t left the pocket, been 3 weeks since I got it.
- Shannon

MNOSD member 0006

SG89
Member
Posts: 10308
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby SG89 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:03 pm

prndltech wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:39 pm
Image


Still hasn’t left the pocket, been 3 weeks since I got it.
Benchmade calendar contest winner 🏆
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 1693
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Enactive » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:09 pm

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:44 pm
Enactive wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:20 am
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 1.18.55 PM.jpg

Pumpkin Spice Case Sodbuster.
Nice and seasonal.

I've been enjoying my two all steel and bone knives lately. Here's the newer of the two. #35 cattle knife from the last run.

ETA: Also lucky for me they both have sweet long pulls and cut swedges, quite nice i think.


PXL_20220923_001309448sm.jpg
Nice Cattle Knife! I’ve had zero luck getting any GECs since the 88. Equal ends and long pulls are a great combo. I wish GEC would expand and make a line of continuously produced “working” knives. Just a small selection of knives people can buy without the lolly scramble it is now.
Thanks. I've been very fortunate a few times, but yeah, it's a mess trying to buy GEC at retail.

I hear you about a steady flow of the same model, in a few evergreen production models.

User avatar
Ranger_Ike
Member
Posts: 476
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:21 am
Location: Southern Indiana

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Ranger_Ike » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:00 am

Just anodized this one. First try using 9 volt batteries.
Image

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 6008
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:16 am

Ranger_Ike wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:00 am
Just anodized this one. First try using 9 volt batteries.
Image
Looks great , I need to learn that process . Really gives the knife a unique look . Dan
I would rather be the hammer than the anvil . E.R. MNOSD 0002

User avatar
Ranger_Ike
Member
Posts: 476
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:21 am
Location: Southern Indiana

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Ranger_Ike » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:21 am

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:16 am
Ranger_Ike wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:00 am
Just anodized this one. First try using 9 volt batteries.
Looks great , I need to learn that process . Really gives the knife a unique look . Dan
Thanks! It’s a simple process once you have it all in place. There are quite a few YouTube videos, everyone having a slightly different technique. Keeping the scales clean is very important.

I don’t feel the colors are as vibrant as heat anodizing, but it’s more controllable. I am wanting to pick up a power converter so I can get a broader range of colors. Once I have a more solid technique I will try and post a walkthrough of what I do.

The best part is that it’s reversible using rust remover. So you can redo any mishaps.

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 6008
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:23 am

Ranger_Ike wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:21 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:16 am
Ranger_Ike wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:00 am
Just anodized this one. First try using 9 volt batteries.
Looks great , I need to learn that process . Really gives the knife a unique look . Dan
Thanks! It’s a simple process once you have it all in place. There are quite a few YouTube videos, everyone having a slightly different technique. Keeping the scales clean is very important.

I don’t feel the colors are as vibrant as heat anodizing, but it’s more controllable. I am wanting to pick up a power converter so I can get a broader range of colors. Once I have a more solid technique I will try and post a walkthrough of what I do.

The best part is that it’s reversible using rust remover. So you can redo any mishaps.
Thank you Ranger , I like the last tip . I can be dangerous! Dan
I would rather be the hammer than the anvil . E.R. MNOSD 0002

User avatar
Manixguy@1994
Member
Posts: 6008
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:12 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Manixguy@1994 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:59 am

ImageImageYesterday afternoon. BM Turrent PE . MG2
I would rather be the hammer than the anvil . E.R. MNOSD 0002

Bustedaw11
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 am

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Bustedaw11 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:01 am

:winking-tongue
Attachments
20220926_045902.jpg

User avatar
Makunochimaster
Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:40 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Makunochimaster » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:17 am

🦋556
Image
Native 5 cpm-s110v frn, Delica 4 cts-204p limited,
Chaparral cts-xhp frn, Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v,
Endura zdp-189 orange; Ambitious 8Cr13MoV G10.

User avatar
JSumm
Member
Posts: 3011
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:59 pm
Location: North of Atlanta, GA USA

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby JSumm » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:31 pm

Getting some hard use in featuring the Inkosi. And by hard use I mean fort bed building. 😂

Image
- Jeff
Let your feet be warm & dry, and your throats warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
**Current Pocket Hogs** Native Chief S30V, Caly 3.5 ZDP-189, Endura K390, CRK Inkosi S35VN
Always a Pac Salt at the ready.
MNOSD Member #0005

mikey177
Member
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby mikey177 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:15 am

Benchmade Griptilian
griptilian_20cv_d.jpg

User avatar
vivi
Member
Posts: 11440
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby vivi » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Image

newest addition to my knife roll. 240mm aogami super.
Join us at the Spyderco Swap! - Current top 3 Spydies
- PE H1 Pacific Salt 2 - CE G10 Black Resilience - DLC Yojumbo -

User avatar
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 10213
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby TkoK83Spy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:10 pm

That is a sweet knife! I bet it really excels with someone like yourself that works in the field. We like watching some of the cooking shows on tv and the way some of them cut and chop things up is so impressive!
18 :bug-red 's in 13 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper - ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Umnumzaan
1 - Microtech Ultratech DE OTF
1 - Finch Knives Sunkist Harvester

-Rick


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests