Has anyone used Wylaco Supply Company?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Retlawman590

Re: Has anyone used Wylaco Supply Company?

Post by Retlawman590 »

Thanks for keeping all of us updated on this. I'm so glad I didn't order from them. I found that White Mountain Knives had them in stock a few days later and ordered from them. I ordered on Thursday, shipped Friday with tracking number!!!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

The ordeal ends.

I got my knife, and saved a few bucks. If I could do it again, I'd have waited for a more reliable dealer. Alls well that ends well I suppose.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
harpo1

Post by harpo1 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:28 pm
The ordeal ends.

I got my knife, and saved a few bucks. If I could do it again, I'd have waited for a more reliable dealer. Alls well that ends well I suppose.
Congrats. Glad we can move on to bigger and better things. I bought the SE and it's starting to grow on me.
--Pete
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

harpo1 wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:46 pm
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:28 pm
The ordeal ends.

Congrats. Glad we can move on to bigger and better things. I bought the SE and it's starting to grow on me.
👍🏻

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Mine arrived from Wyalco today. SE.

Shipping was fine, although I had similar issues with the tracking that was provided going to UPS instead of USPS. Ordered on the 15th and it arrived today, nicely boxed. Probably not my favorite ordering experience, but not bad. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for a difficult to acquire knife. (But at the same time, wouldn't go out of my way to order from them in the future.) YMMV.

I did ask them to look at the serrations, and provide one with more consistency. Looks to me like they did that.

I'll provide some thoughts on the Ayoob later over in the main thread after I've had it a few days. (Preview... Love the blade and serious negative blade angle. Fit and finish is fantastic. This is a weird Spyderco... Like all the best ones! Glad I got talked into grabbing one.)
MNOSD member 0030
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Capt'n Boatsalot wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:39 pm
Mine arrived from Wyalco today. SE.

Shipping was fine, although I had similar issues with the tracking that was provided going to UPS instead of USPS. Ordered on the 15th and it arrived today, nicely boxed. Probably not my favorite ordering experience, but not bad. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for a difficult to acquire knife. (But at the same time, wouldn't go out of my way to order from them in the future.) YMMV.

I did ask them to look at the serrations, and provide one with more consistency. Looks to me like they did that.

I'll provide some thoughts on the Ayoob later over in the main thread after I've had it a few days. (Preview... Love the blade and serious negative blade angle. Fit and finish is fantastic. This is a weird Spyderco... Like all the best ones! Glad I got talked into grabbing one.)
Ya, in the end all of our knives got where they needed to go. Very slow/poor communication with us and apparently amongst their staff who thought it shipped a week ago. But I suppose if they were the only place that had what you were looking for, the knife DID get here eventually. And in good condition, despite being shipped in a box with ZERO padding or packing material of any kind, the spyderbox just bounced around in there from Denver to San Diego.

My main future hesitation beyond slow blind shipping, is I can only imagine what a pain a return or exchange would be with them.

After a whole thread bashing them I will say one nice thing before I go, they had the best price in town and the knife got here.

Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:58 am
After a whole thread bashing them I will say one nice thing before I go, they had the best price in town and the knife got here.
I would agree with this. It arrived, and the price was good. Mine was in a priority mail box (good), but also no padding (not good).
MNOSD member 0030
Retlawman590

Post by Retlawman590 »

Glad you guys finally received your MA. I received mine yesterday from White Mountain Knives. This is a very special Spyderco! Love mine!