S90V PM2 Teal and DLC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
PStone

Re: S90V PM2 Teal and DLC

Post by PStone »

Reminds me of the Space Force stuff out there. Not hating, just saying. Curious how the teal g10 looks in person compared to the other MGE frn versions.
rycen

Post by rycen »

I’m well aware but not everyone chooses or has to oil their knives and the edge isn’t coated.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

To be clear, I think DLC on S90V is a purely aesthetic choice...
So it goes.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Superflex

Post by Superflex »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:16 am
Dang, right when I thought we were starting to get away from the panzy colored scales. Great steel choice though!
So those who order this are pansy's? Dont hold back bro. Call us some other slurs while your at it.
You dont like the color, its cool. Degrading people who like this, not cool.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Superflex wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:35 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Dang, right when I thought we were starting to get away from the panzy colored scales. Great steel choice though!
So those who order this are pansy's? Dont hold back bro. Call us some other slurs while your at it.
Pump the brakes pal. Never said anything about anyone, just mentioned my thoughts on the color. A little overly sensitive I see, go have a juice box and come back later.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

It looks pretty good, to me, if a person likes the PM2, that is. It doesn't fit my hand well, but I can appreciate it.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Sometimes something clicks and you don't have to deliberate at all as to whether or not to click ‘buy’ (or in this case, ‘preorder’). No rhyme or reason, i dont even love PM2s. I think I’ve confused the old addage ‘ steel is real’ for ‘teal is real’. Hmm, maybe if they ceracoated the blade teal they could call it sTeal. At any rate the S90v version is stainless Teal. I’ll be here all week, try the Veal.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Actually i figured out what i love about this knife. Its my favourite ice-cream flavour, mint chocolate chip.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:49 am
Superflex wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:35 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Pump the brakes pal. Never said anything about anyone, just mentioned my thoughts on the color. A little overly sensitive I see, go have a juice box and come back later.

Looks like the color of a pansy to me too! :rofl
- Nick :bug-red
WilliamMunny

Post by WilliamMunny »

Cheddarnut wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:21 am
Actually i figured out what i love about this knife. Its my favourite ice-cream flavour, mint chocolate chip.
It's my son's favorite too, especially when made into a milkshake. The more I look at it the color is gowning on my and not as bad as I initially thought. It would be neat to see how it looks in person.

You can only do so many camo, brown, black, green scales... but I would like to see how a dark muted red would look.
Endura AUS-8, Manix 2 S30V, Alcyone BD1N, PM2 Micarta Cruwear, Native 5 Maxamet (2nd), Para 3 Maxamet (2nd), Magnacut Mule, Z-Wear Mule, BBB 15V Manix 2, REC PM3 10V Satin, Dragonfly Salt 2, GB2 M4.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

In Stk at KnifeJoy... https://www.knifejoy.com/products/spyde ... t-hardware

Edit: They are throwing in Work Mats or Storage pouches for a limited time. Not sure, but possibly you might have to use the links from Instagram.
Last edited by Buddafucco on Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
•• Beau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

I typically like more earth tone colors. DLT OD Green Cruwear colorway being a favorite I don't own. I'm also a weirdo that likes the K390 Seki Blue. Maybe because it is grayed out a bit. That said, I am not mad at this color combo. I actually think it looks good. I wouldn't hesitate if I hadn't already destroyed my knife budget this year. What is it August? Oh well.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
laker_cj

Post by laker_cj »

PStone wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:23 pm
Reminds me of the Space Force stuff out there. Not hating, just saying. Curious how the teal g10 looks in person compared to the other MGE frn versions.
A little lighter in color compared to the FRN done in the past. Would be a nice canvas for a RIT dye project (as a couple people here have said they're going to do when they get theirs). I was just happy we could get a teal G10 for a change of pace from the FRN.
My Owned :spyder: - Tasman Salt; Endura; Delica; Embassy; Tenacious; Kitchen Santoku; Yojimbo2; Pattada; SpyderPac; Para 3; Paramilitary 2; Ouroboros; Dragonfly; Squarehead; Ambitious; Ladybug; Kitchen Utility; Cricket; Rescue; Pingo; Native 5; Gayle Bradley Folder; Rubicon; Dice; Remote Release II; Manix; Moran Drop Point; Polestar; Ikuchi; Sliverax; Bow River; Szabo Folder
PStone

Post by PStone »

laker_cj wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:17 am
PStone wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:23 pm
A little lighter in color compared to the FRN done in the past. Would be a nice canvas for a RIT dye project (as a couple people here have said they're going to do when they get theirs). I was just happy we could get a teal G10 for a change of pace from the FRN.
I’m way happy too! Space Force or not, I did place an order yesterday with DLT as soon as it was posted here. I already have you guys’ Native and DF2. And heck yes, the teal g10 is a nice break from the frn (only because a teal frn PM2 isn’t possible…..yet!)

:bug-red-white

Edit to add: definitely not Rit dying mine
z1r

Post by z1r »

My 2 cents, I used to scratch my head and wonder why someone would coated a SS blade. I'm not a huge fan but recently there was a thread where someone posted pics of some pretty corrosion resistant steels that showed corrosion. They even post a pic of Coated SS blade and the coating did seem to limit corrosion to the uncoated edge.

Like others, I think in the majority of cases it is an aesthetics thing, especially on SS blades, but I am glad that some of my M4 blades are coated.

The knifejoy pics really makes this knife look appealing. Too bad I'm broke, lol.
metaphoricalsimile

Post by metaphoricalsimile »

My S90v para 3 LW is my only knife that has had light rust spotting in recent history. S90V is stainless, but it's *less* stainless than other stainless steels. That being said, I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting pretty things just because they're pretty.
z1r

Post by z1r »

metaphoricalsimile wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:15 pm
My S90v para 3 LW is my only knife that has had light rust spotting in recent history. S90V is stainless, but it's *less* stainless than other stainless steels. That being said, I also don't think there's anything wrong with wanting pretty things just because they're pretty.
Good answer!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

What's wrong with coating a blade because it looks better? I mean I think it is actually functional on S90V, but I have black blade Salt knives. Cause it looks better. What's the problem?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
PStone

Post by PStone »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:34 pm
What's wrong with coating a blade because it looks better? I mean I think it is actually functional on S90V, but I have black blade Salt knives. Cause it looks better. What's the problem?
No problem here. In fact I would say let’s see some coated S110V too. Could make it a Blurple/black sprint run series.