C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Enactive

Re: C-60 Ayoob Campaign: No I Won't Shut Up

Post by Enactive »

Buddafucco wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:56 pm
Enactive wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:04 pm
Thanks, Beau.

Looks like you've kept the clip tip down. Have you tried tip up or any intention to try it?

Those were "out of the box" photos. I've already swapped the clips to tip up. I wasn't expecting the Phillips-head clip screws.

Thanks. So you prefer it tip up?

To put on my persnickety hat, my guess is that the 'Phillips' screws are in fact JIS. :thinking :winking-tongue
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OK let's compile a list of dealers that have the C-60 Ayoob Sprint run in stock>> that is if that information is available yet.

Well it appears it was worth the wait. It will be really cool if Spyderco ends up making this model in at least 3 to 4 different blade steels.

I can't wait to see some testimonies as to how good this model is in full SE and how CRUWEAR holds up in SE.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:30 am
OK let's compile a list of dealers that have the C-60 Ayoob Sprint run in stock>> that is if that information is available yet.

Well it appears it was worth the wait. It will be really cool if Spyderco ends up making this model in at least 3 to 4 different blade steels.

I can't wait to see some testimonies as to how good this model is in full SE and how CRUWEAR holds up in SE.

I've got basically all the major dealers opened in a tab group and I check it routinely, they all still say either coming soon or out of stock and a couple even have it as discontinued. I don't think many of them have gotten any at all yet and the ones who did mostly got collector's club models and are waiting for the regular ones.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:40 am
JD Spydo wrote:

I've got basically all the major dealers opened in a tab group and I check it routinely, they all still say either coming soon or out of stock and a couple even have it as discontinued. I don't think many of them have gotten any at all yet and the ones who did mostly got collector's club models and are waiting for the regular ones.
Is New Graham Knives on your list by chance? It's been a while since I've dealt with them. But at one time they were great about getting new Spyderco models ASAP ( Sprints & Catalog models). I haven't heard their name mentioned on the Forum in quite a while. I was just gazing at their website this morning and I see they still stock a really wide range of Spyderco's blades and sharpening gear. It's been about a year or so since I got anything from them. To me they were always one of my top 3 favorites to deal with for a wide range of knives, flashlights and other gear. Excellent staff they have too.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:49 am
Evil D wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:40 am
JD Spydo wrote:

Is New Graham Knives on your list by chance? It's been a while since I've dealt with them. But at one time they were great about getting new Spyderco models ASAP ( Sprints & Catalog models). I haven't heard their name mentioned on the Forum in quite a while. I was just gazing at their website this morning and I see they still stock a really wide range of Spyderco's blades and sharpening gear. It's been about a year or so since I got anything from them. To me they were always one of my top 3 favorites to deal with for a wide range of knives, flashlights and other gear. Excellent staff they have too.

I don't even see a listing on their site yet.
~David
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I buy 99% of my knives from NGK and they host my CC number. As I mentioned earlier, they have not received their shipment of these yet (or at least that I’ve heard). They’ve never been terribly quick about listing new offerings on their website but they’ve been trying to stay on top of things by announcing new stock items regularly on the IG page.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:10 am
I buy 99% of my knives from NGK and they host my CC number. As I mentioned earlier, they have not received their shipment of these yet (or at least that I’ve heard). They’ve never been terribly quick about listing new offerings on their website but they’ve been trying to stay on top of things by announcing new stock items regularly on the IG page.
Hey thanks for the info on New Graham Knives. Over the years I've had nothing but great things to say about New Graham. They also have a great line up of various types of gear. Their flashlight selection has always been great and their customer service is almost equal to Spyderco's IMO.

I'm glad to see they still have maintained a following over the years. They are also one of the few dealers I've found that still sell those "Klotzli" Swiss made knives.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:33 pm
It’s interesting the serrations have that rounded, sharpened-down look those in the know seem to be after. Ought to be a slicing demon!
Like I said earlier that particular serration pattern is very similar to my old AUS-8, Full SE Catcherman model from years gone by. I'm actually looking forward to using this SE blade on a daily basis.

Of course it will depend on what type of cutting jobs a person would encounter. With the superb design I have no doubts at all that this newer full SE C-60 Ayoob will not disappoint anyone. This Sprint Run will be a highly coveted collector piece in less than 2 years I'm fully certain of that.
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

Interesting.. I was expecting this to be a Moki made knife.

EDIT: Sal confirmed in another thread that it is! I guess it is just a variation in markings (see comments below).
Last edited by bgcameron on Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopsbreath

Post by Hopsbreath »

bgcameron wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 am
Is it not?
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

See below
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

PlainEdge:
Indiana Knives... https://indianaknives.com/products/spyd ... plain-edge

SpyderEdge:
Indiana Knives... https://indianaknives.com/products/spyd ... rated-edge

Edit: Combined the two posts

Edit again: Gone for now
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
•• Beau
resonanzmacher

Post by resonanzmacher »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:11 am
PlainEdge:

SpyderEdge:
Eric's a good egg. I've bought many knives from him.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

resonanzmacher wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am
Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:11 am
PlainEdge:

SpyderEdge:
Eric's a good egg. I've bought many knives from him.

Agreed!
Somebody wake up JD!
Last edited by Buddafucco on Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
•• Beau
Burton Knut

Post by Burton Knut »

Buddafucco wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 am
PlainEdge:

SpyderEdge:

Edit: Combined the two posts
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Got a SE, now I need to find a PE!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

They're gone. I did call him up and ask and he said he has those physically on hand and that this was just a preliminary shipment and he is expecting to get a restock.
~David
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

Hopsbreath wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:48 am
bgcameron wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:37 am
Is it not?
The knives pictured are marked "seki-city". The "Spyderco" marking is in the Moki font-style though.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The Moki factory is located in Seki City, Japan.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bgcameron

Post by bgcameron »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:14 pm
The Moki factory is located in Seki City, Japan.
Correct, but as far as I know, Moki knives aren't marked "seki-city", just "Japan". Note the different fonts and depth of markings.

R100

Post by R100 »

Two questions for those who have them in hand:

Are they hollow or flat ground?

Is there much lock rock?

I'm anxiously watching the outlets that ship to Australia and hoping I can snag at least the PE. I'm just about to head out for a field trip in the bush for 2 weeks with no phone or internet so I hope they aren't all gone by the time I get back!

Thanks,
Dan