2022 Forum Knife ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: 2022 Forum Knife ?

Post by Doc Dan »

Magnacut UKPK with forest green scales. (or the Native 5 LW Magnacut with forest green).
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Here's a 2019 Forum Knife thread... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83911... maybe one of those suggestions won for this year. :spiral-eyes
•• Beau
cjk

Post by cjk »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:49 am
Magnacut UKPK with forest green scales. (or the Native 5 LW Magnacut with forest green).
I could get behind either of these. :cheap-sunglasses
cjk

Post by cjk »

G-10 manbug with a K390 wharncliffe blade.
The steel bolsters could be lost if that reduces the cost any. I could take them or leave them.
Any color G-10 would be cool, but surprise, I'd prefer forest green. :)
cjk

Post by cjk »

I have to wonder if the steel which mules are cut out from has sufficient leftovers to additionally cut out blades for a smaller folder rather than being recycled.
Say if there is sufficient space between the mule shaped cutouts to cut out Native 5 blades or lil Natives or UKPKs or something in that size ballpark.
That could make something unique and also use some material which might go to waste?

Say something like CPM T15 lil Natives?

The mule blade stock is 3.0mm. I think most of the Golden knives are 3.2mm, so I'm not sure really how actionable this might be.
Bloke

Re: 2022 Forum Knife

Post by Bloke »

SE HB Ladybug with full H1 liners, Vanax Superclean blade, titanium flame anodised lock bar, spacer and hardware with genuine Mother of Pearl or (genuine) Abalone scales with 9kt gold Spyder inlay.

Pivot thrust washer material to be determined.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Bloke is keeping clean and simple, as is the Aussie way.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Hah there will be as many opinions on what what the 2022 forum knife should be as there are posting members.. I'll spare you all my thoughts on what I'd like*, except to say that I feel like it's been a while, yes? Based on the timelines of the previous forum knives, I'd think we're due for one in the next year or two.

*I mean, unless anyone's interested, in which case, my recommendation to Spyderco (for what little that may be worth haha) would be to go with something simple.. clean. Haha I couldn't bring myself to buy the 2018 Forum knife because there was just too much going on (for my preferences) with that scale embellishment web logo.. i feel like something simple is going to appeal to the greatest number of members. I also think something in CPM SPY27 also makes a whole h3ll of a lot of sense.. Forum knife.. Spyderco's proprietary steel.. just adds up, I think.. idk, i've been accused of madness before, so take all that with a grain of salt..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:18 pm
Hah there will be as many opinions on what what the 2022 forum knife should be as there are posting members.. I'll spare you all my thoughts on what I'd like*, except to say that I feel like it's been a while, yes? Based on the timelines of the previous forum knives, I'd think we're due for one in the next year or two.

*I mean, unless anyone's interested, in which case, my recommendation to Spyderco (for what little that may be worth haha) would be to go with something simple.. clean. Haha I couldn't bring myself to buy the 2018 Forum knife because there was just too much going on (for my preferences) with that scale embellishment web logo.. i feel like something simple is going to appeal to the greatest number of members. I also think something in CPM SPY27 also makes a whole h3ll of a lot of sense.. Forum knife.. Spyderco's proprietary steel.. just adds up, I think.. idk, i've been accused of madness before, so take all that with a grain of salt..
I think you nailed it , especially your thoughts of using CPM SPY27 . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

ladybug93 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:49 am
dlc magnacut ukpk salt with purple frn
Oh my god, I would be into that. G10 maybe?
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Doc Dan wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:49 am
Magnacut UKPK with forest green scales..
This is also a nice choice.
David

Superfool

Post by Superfool »

How about the DAMAUKPK?
David

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Superfool wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:13 pm
How about the DAMAUKPK?
Yes please
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Caly 3.5 SPY27 Blue G10
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:17 am
Has the forum knife been based on our suggestions/requests in the past? I would very much like it to be, but I don't think that's been the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you are correct. I can't think of a Forum knife that was chosen based on our input here. Maybe that's a good thing, though? ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

double tap

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

SpyderNut wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:00 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Has the forum knife been based on our suggestions/requests in the past? I would very much like it to be, but I don't think that's been the case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I think you are correct. I can't think of a Forum knife that was chosen based on our input here. Maybe that's a good thing, though? ;)
Well, the Rhino was a majority favorite for the forum knife in one of these threads when it was announced :) Seemed like the correct choice to me!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Woohoo!!! It's the annual "is there going to be a Forum Knife this year" thread!!!

I'm in for whatever is decided upon...er...maybe...

Anyone want to start a pool on how many different knives are proposed? Maybe the pool should be it's own thread
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:02 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:00 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Well, the Rhino was a majority favorite for the forum knife in one of these threads when it was announced :) Seemed like the correct choice to me!
That sounds good to me too. :smlling-eyes I stand corrected!

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

We have had this discussion many times and even narrowed down the choices and had a poll. No luck so far, that we know of. Of course, Sal and Co are good at surprising us.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050