S110v Manix 2 with copper scales and a brass cage

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
SpyderForLyfe

S110v Manix 2 with copper scales and a brass cage

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

I have nothing against blurple or G-10 but for some reason, I just feel like it cheapens the Manix, so I put my own spin on it.

It's a lot heavier now, but I don't mind. I like a weighty knife!! Enjoy the eye candy
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Re: S110v Manix 2 with copper scales and a brass cage

Post by apollo »

SpyderForLyfe wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:11 pm
I have nothing against blurple or G-10 but for some reason, I just feel like it cheapens the Manix, so I put my own spin on it.

It's a lot heavier now, but I don't mind. I like a weighty knife!! Enjoy the eye candy
I love what you have done with the Manix. For me the LW cheapens the design in to the ground. But i get what you are aiming for. The manix g10 is one of the best knives ever to put custom scales on it makes it a completely different knife.
I also love the heavy feel it gets from those scales. Here is my dlc Manix 2 with brass scales and blue ti lock.

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Do you allow the scales to develop a personality or do do maintenance over time ? What are your preference? MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
SpyderForLyfe

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

apollo wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:51 pm

I love what you have done with the Manix. For me the LW cheapens the design in to the ground. But i get what you are aiming for. The manix g10 is one of the best knives ever to put custom scales on it makes it a completely different knife.
I also love the heavy feel it gets from those scales. Here is my dlc Manix 2 with brass scales and blue ti lock.

Thank you very much! I agree about the LW models 100%. I also feel like the plastic cage also cheapens it I now own 3 of these, including an XL, and each one has a replacement cage (2 are titanium). But I left the black G10 on the remaining two.

Yours is gorgeous with the DLC finish. I'm waiting for the native chief DLC in M390 with brown scales to drop, should be any time now. Your Manix reminds me of that look
SpyderForLyfe

Post by SpyderForLyfe »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:49 pm
Do you allow the scales to develop a personality or do do maintenance over time ? What are your preference? MG2
It has already developed a dark patina and it's only been about a month. I think I'm eventually going to take the scales off, give them a brasso spa day, then let them develop a new patina which I will leave alone.

When I put the scales on, I did so as they came from FlyT. I regret that, I feel like they had a coating of something on them that I should've taken off, and now it's contributing to am unnatural patina, but that could very well be my imagination.

Maybe I'll treat them this weekend, keep an eye out for pictures!
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

Post by apollo »

SpyderForLyfe wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:44 pm
apollo wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:51 pm

Thank you very much! I agree about the LW models 100%. I also feel like the plastic cage also cheapens it I now own 3 of these, including an XL, and each one has a replacement cage (2 are titanium). But I left the black G10 on the remaining two.

Yours is gorgeous with the DLC finish. I'm waiting for the native chief DLC in M390 with brown scales to drop, should be any time now. Your Manix reminds me of that look
Thx i am very proud of it. They were a bit of a pita to get on. The lanyard tube hole was not big enough so i needed to file them in very very carefully. But it succeeded so i am happy with how they look.
Only thing i wish that is that the color of my lock did not so fade away over time. It was bright blue now it is more and more looking darker blue to even grey at parts.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thanks everyone for responding! Look forward to seeing pictures in the future . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Looks great!!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032