Endela Salt ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Endela Salt ?

Post by steelcity16 »

I am super bummed there were no Endela Salts (Leaf and/or Wharnie) in Reveal 10. This is a must have for me. Hopefully soon and hopefully there are blacked out versions of both blade types.

While I am requesting things, an H1 SE Endelatriarch Salt and H1 SE Endela-hawk Salt are high on my list!!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

If they don't want to take the time to make new molds for a linerless version, I would gladly a Salty Endela with lc200n liners or really well coated stainless liners. Then you could do the blackout version...
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

I'm not interested. This is probably sacrilege but, in my opinion, both the Salt 2 and Pacific Salt 2 are already better knives than an Endela Salt would be. The Stretch 2 XL Salt will probably be even better.

But I never understood the OG Endela anyway. To me it's an Endura with a slightly more comfortable handle and too small a blade. Longer blade, then maybe we can talk, but it's going to be tough beating the Stretch XL.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

Semi OT; how does K390 do with teeth?
I know it is not stainless, and a Salt would be linerless, which I much prefer, but I am intrigued by a tool steel with patina, and the blue looks great.
Joris Mo

Post by Joris Mo »

Love the Endela, would like to see a Salt version.
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

🤞
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Coastal wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:11 pm
I'm not interested. This is probably sacrilege but, in my opinion, both the Salt 2 and Pacific Salt 2 are already better knives than an Endela Salt would be. The Stretch 2 XL Salt will probably be even better.

But I never understood the OG Endela anyway. To me it's an Endura with a slightly more comfortable handle and too small a blade. Longer blade, then maybe we can talk, but it's going to be tough beating the Stretch XL.

- To be clear: I am totally with you on that the Endela would be even better with a longer blade- the handle could house like 6 or 7 mm more (I think, can´t check right now), which would boost the cutting edge to a length like the Stretch 1 offers or even a bit more, but still clearly less than an Endura. Actually this longer blade could make the Endela potentially my most favorite EDC folder overall.

- That said: The blade to handle ratio of the current Endela is pretty much in the "typical" Spyderco range I guess? Just or at least close to like the Stretch 2, PM2, Manix and so on?

- And the Endela still offers a slimmer and lighter carry than for example the mentioned Stretch 2 (and a similar edge to handle ratio). And a shorter carry than the Endura (which I like)

- Now the Stretch XL for me is not a competitor for the Endela (sizewise), but rather the Endura/Pac Salt.

- And then, as I´ve already mentioned here I think: There is a chance that an "Endela Salt" actually WILL/WOULD have a longer blade than the "regular" Endela - at least the Salt 2 does offer 2 or 3 mm more blade than the Delica (can´t check the exact measurements right now either)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
cjk

Post by cjk »

It seems to me that the Endela was probably designed to a legal limit of a 3.5 inch blade length where that's applicable.
Making the blade any longer goofs that up and practically turns it into an Endura.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

cjk wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:34 am
It seems to me that the Endela was probably designed to a legal limit of a 3.5 inch blade length where that's applicable.
Making the blade any longer goofs that up and practically turns it into an Endura.

Good point and I am pretty sure you´re right... so just about 2mm more blade/edge would be possible in order to still remain under the 3.5 limit (the Endela has a 3.41 " blade right now)
Better than nothing imo - this would give the Endela at least a PM2 edge length (right now, like the Stretch 2, it has a tad less).

And as said: I think about 2 mm is also what the Salt 2 gained in blade length over the Delica 4 (so perhaps an "Endela Salt" could do this too... :smirk )
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)