Urban Damasteel Sprint lookout thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gsg9

Re: Urban Damasteel Sprint lookout thread

Post by Gsg9 »

vanka wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:31 pm
Probably the last pieces of a second /third batch. Because I took the last two from Wayofknife. Hope they sell out completely. Increasing the chances of damasteel ukpk 😁
Termite Toothpick wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:40 am
Oh wow! This looks nice... I thought I was going to be late to the party, but Blade HQ had them in and was able to order.

Can I ask, if you're located in Europe and such big fans and well wishers for the model, promoters of availability links and distinguished members of Thank you Sal choir then why are you buying these from US shops?

Be true loyal fans and buy these from EU dealers at prices Sal intended for these in Europe, EUR 350-400 for $5 worth of Damasteel that is, because all this enthusiasm that suddenly dies just before paying EU prices doesn't look good...
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

Since you know so much Gsg9 I’ll let you know more, so you can be a well informed arse!

I am actually an American serving his great country and stationed over here. So I can and do purchase things from the US of A, I just have to wait sometimes for the mail to finally show up. But I also feel your pain (although I don’t like to complain about it as much as you) as I also purchase items on the local economy as I has lived here for over 10 years. For instance (keeping with a knife theme here) when the HH UKPK dropped I jumped at the opportunity to get one… I also attempted to get the matching HH Urban but that got lost in customs exchange between UK and Germany, so I will never see that one! So you can complain for me on that one as I paid over €100 to see it online and never be delivered, mainly due to brexit issues I presume. I have never had a problem in the past but now it’s an issue.

I am not a member of a choir, but I do appreciate and enjoy Sal’s products and also admire the patient words he has with nay sayers on his forum. I have also enjoyed reading up on the persistence, hard work, long hrs and collaborative cooperation that Superfool, Sal and so many other forum members put in to get this to come to fruition and the possibility it has to push for a UKPK in similar livery. I don’t see how being “true loyal fans” would mean I would need to always pay the ridiculous prices that country imposes on its people to try and promote them to buy local… I do sometimes, but I also enjoy my freedom and ability to purchase what I want, when I want and from where I want. Hence the fact that I like to buy Spyderco, an American brand that is also very diverse and willing to work with other nations/factories to make non US made but still great products… like this one!

Oh, and on a side note… I, as an American could not buy a Janisong that Spyderco makes outside the US because of rules and regulations that prevent them from “importing” them into the US (even though they made it). But, because I am stationed over here in Europe, I was able to purchase one (from a local dealer/shop at full Euro prices) and enjoy that rare piece as well! So I guess you win some and lose some.

You know you could always take 40+ years of your life and create an outstanding company with high moral, and ethical standards and lead the world in the knife industry, oh and fight for knife rights and law changes while you are at it…or you could just go buy some Ernest Wright or William Whiteley scissors to cut something!

Have a good day Sir.
Last edited by Termite Toothpick on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

Oh, and by the way… I haven’t been trolling this and the DAMAUKPK pages from early on trying to stir up contention. I saw the knife being advertised and I liked it, I found it and I bought it. I only came to the forum to see what others had to say and I was pleasantly surprised to find a long forum post going through the process of someone’s idea to an actual product Sal would put his name on. So I read through all the posts and enjoyed most and felt sorry for some. It’s sad that someone would hate and blame and truly think the maker of a nice product did it solely to irk you into anger and to have to over pay for said item.

Sorry Michael for the long post on your thread
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Derek,

Thanx for your service.

sal
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Termite Toothpick wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:54 pm
Since you know so much Gsg9...
posts like this are why the forum needs a like button.

👍🏼
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
vanka

Post by vanka »

Well, first off, I make my own money and that makes me the sole person deciding how to spend them. Then again I don't want to wait for 3 months for the European dealers to get them. I assure you the actual price in euro or pounds is not the problem. It's the availability of the item that commands decisions. I don't trust the mailing system of any dealer to inform me the item I want is in stock. My experience showed me that by the time I get the email the item is long gone. For the first batch from Lamnia I didn't even get the email. It was out of stock in a blink of an eye. Even the pre order system doesn't guarantee you'll get your order. Shortly said I do whatever necessary to obtain the item I waited for roughly about a year. The other thing is sprint runs and dealer exclusives are usually commissioned by US dealers and there's no EU dealer to bring them here. If you ask me I will only buy from the UK. Making sure that no knives gets lost in crossing borders. Unfortunately this is just a nice dream when collecting knives. If I rely only on the UK dealers I would end up with a dozen and a half of the standard production knives they decided to offer and I will miss all the steels, exclusives, one offs, variations etc. That in turn kind of defeats the purpose of collecting, using and sharpening knives.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

The post was not about you and your life's stories, don't flatter yourself, and was not meant for you to feel guilt or provide justification for what you're doing or anything like that.

You can buy these from Mars, I couldn't care less, it's your money, your life, your choices

But these are available for sale locally in EU.

If you're not happy with EU prices - and obviously you're not because you're buying from US - then maybe should say it loud, don't just come in here and hypocritically praise the Lord.

Maybe the man lives in a Thank you Sal fairy-tale bubble and lost contact with reality, the reality being the price he is trying to sell this in EU is ridiculous.

But I'm pretty sure he knows that, he just needs to hear that more often.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Superfool

Post by Superfool »

Can we get the cheque please?
David
Always outnumbered; never outgunned.

Proud member of Sal's Troublemaker Class since July 2020
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Gsg9 wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:33 am
The post was not about you and your life's stories, don't flatter yourself, and was not meant for you to feel guilt or provide justification for what you're doing or anything like that.
Gsg9 wrote: Can I ask, if you're located in Europe and such big fans and well wishers for the model, promoters of availability links and distinguished members of Thank you Sal choir then why are you buying these from US shops?
you literally asked.

no one here owes you anything. no one has to answer for their purchases. sal doesn't have to answer for spyderco's pricing. no one owes you the patience to respond to your rude posts. just stop. if you don't like the knives go somewhere else. that's the great thing about freedom and choices.
there are models i refuse to buy. there are some practices i've seen that i refuse to believe are going the way they are talked about around here. i still like the knives and community enough to stick around though. again, if you don't like spyderco, go somewhere else. if you do like spyderco, buy what you want and stop being a jerk to people that are just here to enjoy a hobby in their down time. the real world is vexing enough. no one wants to come here to be given a hard time from you.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Please keep this thread for posting locations of the sprint damasteel urban. Complaints are valid if presented with respect, but please create your own thread about them. In the spirit of this thread - soonerstateknives has the sprint urban in stock.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

PXL_20220318_225249817sm.jpg

Pic in the wild-- for boosting the morale of the thread.