best thread award

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vass

Post by vass »

simona graphic thread is my choice !!
I got knife Spyderco Endura, but perhaps its some****** i mean...close second
:)
vass
:spyder: DOG WILL HUNT :spyder:
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

After much consideration I choose Simona's graphic too.
Actually we should of course have started with nominations in different categories like with the Oscars. Then we would should have had lots of polls and finally we would have chosen a winner who would have received a handmade unique Spydie from Sal with live television coverage.

The annual Spyderco forum award goes to ...
CKE

Post by CKE »

We all make this place what it is :) :cool: :cool:
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
loptAT-8

CKE is right

Post by loptAT-8 »

Couldn't agree more CKE but we do have a race!!!

Scores are:

Simona is leading the pack: 9 votes :D

jd spydo is trailing, he now has 5 points

daywalker and sal are in a shared third place: 3 points each

1 point: vinnie77, hannibal lecter, thombrogen

well, after hard consideration i give my vote to JD Spydo :D :D I just love his comments, they always make me smile

the gap is now only 3 points :D
sorry for the joyfull girl from the Prague!!! :D by the way, does she even know she's on top?

come on J D spydo, hang in there!!!!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL!

Again, it is difficult to pinpoint any ONE best thread, thread starter, etc...
HOWEVER:

One that was really touching was when thombrogan started the thread on pitching in to get Craig an engraved :spyder: knife from us when Craig was sick. It got even better when :spyder: did send Craig an engraved knife anyway, w/o us sending a single cent to them. :spyder: thought it better to send the funds to Craig to help out with any medical bills or what have you...

THAT was a great thread, showing the quality and caliber of the people here, as well as WHY :spyder: is so successful. You get what you give. Simple as that.

So is that another for thom and one more for Sal? ;)

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)

Post by 224477 »

Hello,

my vote goes to DW. He knows why.. ;)

Simona graphics is cool but I prefer more "detailed" threads with MORE usefull and mostly subjective (reviews) informations inside.
Making art of knives is cool, but making "stories" about them is better IMHO.

Special vote from me goes to Doc.Snubnose and his meat tests.
This threads help a lot when you want to decide whether to carry an idividual knife for SD or not. Thanks Doc.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

Hannibal Lecter wrote:I am not quite sure how to take that. Hmmm... :D :rolleyes: :D

--------
Hannibal
Hannibal,

I suspect Simona is referring to the infamous Hannibal Lector thread of 2 or 3 years ago. Anybody remember that one?
Steve
Hannibal Lecter

I Must Have Missed It...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friend,
Stevie Ray wrote:I suspect Simona is referring to the infamous Hannibal Lector thread of 2 or 3 years ago. Anybody remember that one?
I suppose I missed that thread; I was not on the forums at that time.

I had a certain amount of trepidation when I first began posting here, as I was under the impression that there had been one or two individuals before me posting under similar forum names but behaving in a discourteous manner. I even went so far as to request permission from Joyce Laituri to post using this identity (with my solemn word that I would not under any circumstances behave poorly), though I am not certain she received the communique in question.

I took a quick browse through the archives and while I did not find the horrible threads mentioned, I did find the thread wherein the esteemed Mr. Janich deleted the user "Hannibal" for offensive posts. That was by far the best thing to do with him.

I have made a pointed effort on this forum to conduct myself as a gentleman beyond reproach; I hope I have succeeded.

In fairness, I will state that Simona and I are very good friends - my post was mostly in jest... :D

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

I vote for Simona. Especially for the thread where she explains her first time with Meerkat... :D

I will also put the name Ed Schempp for his overall input on steel, knife making and the extra milleage he puts in his reply... :cool:

And also Dr. Lecter, for he brings this forum to a higher level of "gentlemany"(!) ;)

And you know what, for all of you... This is a very nice place to be... :)

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

[quote="Hannibal Lecter"]My Dear Friend,

I suppose I missed that thread]
Hi Hannibal,

You are absolutely right and I should have made that clear in my post. It was an individual that used a similar handle, but clearly not you. The actual thread was famous for its unpleasant nature ...
Steve
loptAT-8

and the oscar goes to

Post by loptAT-8 »

The jury has decided: the winner is simona!!!

runner up: JD Spydo!!

the bronze medal goes to Daywalker

were also nominated : Vinnie 77, Sal, Ed Schemp, Thombrogen, doc.subnose and of course Hannibal Lecter!!! :D :D

Did we forgot anybody??? Yes we did and CKE was absolutely right but it was just fun!!!

Three kisses for Simona!!! Next contest will decide who may give the kisses :D :D !!!
I nominate LoptAT-8!!! :D :D :D
JD Spydo

Consolation prize?

Post by JD Spydo »

And that means I get a VG-10 Zowada and a C-27 Jigged bone Jess Horn as second place prizes right :D ? Just PM me for my address and you can ship them right away. Also for being such a good sport about losing they should also give me a consolation prize of a new OCELOT.

Well I am sure not as pretty as Simona so if I had to lose I couldn't have lost to better Spyderhead :D Hip, hip hooraay!! For Ms. Simona!! Long live the "Gunting Girl" ;) :spyder: .
loptAT-8

second prize package

Post by loptAT-8 »

Don't know about the C27 jess horn but the second place prize does include a secondhand zowada, an massad ayoob and it even has an impala in the suprise box!!! Oh, you must collect your price somewhere in holland from a guy named Gerard Breuker something... :eek:
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

LOL
I have to get them before I can give them away however. Nobody believes a Dutch guy anymore nowadays. JDSpydo however has a good reputation and a loyal following so he could really help me out. Just a thread about his utter disappointment with the Ti Lum or how his Zowada disintegrated while still in the box would have a hudge effect on availability and prices.
I will gladly play the part of the semiretarded Dutch guy that despite the warnings of his eminence is still prepared to buy them. In other words I will just play myself.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Wow read the threat from Sia ( nobody calls her Sia anymore?), very simona! Sweetest girl but very volatile!

Wished i was in the car ( although the SLK has no room for me in the back seat) going to Vienna when she wanted a knife and her sister a D&G belt! :D Can you imagine the firework?

Little Gunting girl has always been my favourite, but my mind is clouded by her "assets" :D Here we go again.

I know she will forgive me for this one.

I am only sorry my harddisk crashed with her "non knife" related pictures on it. :(

Could i ask then back? Or is that inappropriate?

hughs and kisses to Sia and a cold Hoegaerden for lopAT
Never turn your back to a chicken
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

indeed same here, that's so weird maybe i have a personality disorder?
決してあきらめてはいけない
loptAT-8

awesome avatar

Post by loptAT-8 »

Yojimbo wrote:indeed same here, that's so weird maybe i have a personality disorder?

bodyguard, your avatar rules!!!
dialex

Post by dialex »

There is a "Rate this thread" tab available but few seem to use it :(
It would also ce to have a ranking system for the forumites, like there is at BF. :) You know, one spyder, two spyders, the one who reaches five spyders gets a free knife ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Ted

Post by Ted »

:D [quote="dialex"]There is a "Rate this thread" tab available but few seem to use it :(
It would also ce to have a ranking system for the forumites, like there is at BF. :) You know, one spyder, two spyders, the one who reaches five spyders gets a free knife ]

yeah, and when you're in the negative, you get Benchmade butterflies behind your name! :p :D

sorry, couldn't resist ... only joking ...
dialex

Post by dialex »

And when you're really bad (say five butterflies) you get a free Skirmish :p
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.