Whats going on with the swick????

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
loadedquestion

Whats going on with the swick????

Post by loadedquestion »

Now reaching 2 and a half years??????
JRinFL

Re: Whats going on with the swick????

Post by JRinFL »

There is a long thread on it already with answers from Sal himself. Please do a search.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This thread needs more question marks.

Wait until you hear how long we waited for the Native Chief. You'll be happy it's only been 2 years.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Wasn't it 5+ years for the Swayback??

Patience is the key to happiness...
So it goes.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

loadedquestion wrote:Now reaching 2 and a half years??????
Spyderco’s sheath maker encountered unforeseen complications and it has delayed the production of Swick sheaths.

———
Evil D wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:23 am
This thread needs more question marks.

Wait until you hear how long we waited for the Native Chief. You'll be happy it's only been 2 years.
Airlsee wrote: Wasn't it 5+ years for the Swayback??

Patience is the key to happiness...

I understand the point, I know those models were prototyped and discussed publicly long before reveal catalogs even existed but they weren’t actually slated for release like the Swick 5/6 was. I guess in a way that can speak to how long many enthusiasts knew about and were anticipating those models but I still see the Swick 5/6 situation differently.

The obvious difference with those knives and this Swick, is that this Swick was first announced via a Reveal catalog. Which from the beginning, we’ve been told the products in the Reveal catalogs are estimated to arrive to market within 90-120 days after being revealed. Not 700+ days after the reveal. There have been a bunch of Reveal delays but I think this Swick has taken the longest of them all.

Those other two models were not first announced via a reveal catalog, so we technically weren’t actually waiting for them like we’ve been waiting for the Swick 5/6. I can’t remember if they exactly met the 90-120 days ETA when they were featured in their respective reveals but if they didn’t I know they didn’t take anywhere near as long as this Swick has.
-Nick :bug-red