Reverse-S Paramilitary 2!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MournfulCongregant

Reverse-S Paramilitary 2!!!

Post by MournfulCongregant »

It exists. It has NOT been released, but it exists. I would make a heartfelt plea to Sal and Eric, give this knife to the public!

I'm a big fan of the reverse-S. I quickly was enamoured with it's funky style and I have Matriarch 2 always as my emergency knife, just as sure as I have my Leatherman. Then, during my search for a Civilian, I found an ATS-55 version, linerless and with Phillips construction. This kind of got me into collecting, as every time I went to carry it, I thought of it's age. Sure, I'd tell myself "The Ma2 or Black Talon can wave, you're really better off with that", which is true (hear me, 5x5, OneAsterisk? Make a Civilian wave tool! You did the Yojumbo and perfected it, now do the Civvie!, or Spyderco, the Civvie 2 is a thing, wave it!) but it was the age of the tool that kept me from carrying it much. That, and ATS-55 just ain't as stainless as VG-10.

Anyways, enamored with it for reasons of aesthetics, and the age of that knife. I then got my first Cricket, which proved the utility of the blade shape. That is a cardboard KILLER. Any hard, non-exact cutting you need to do, the Cricket will do, and it comes in a plainedge that I need to get. I seriously can't rec that knife more as a fifth-pocket sized cutter that will eat whatever fiber you put in front of it, scarily eat it. The Dodo and Lil Matriarch are also A+ for purposes of utility, and honestly probably the Matriarch 2 as well, I really want to try one out in an EDC role just to see how it holds up. But, yeah, I love this shape.

https://imgur.com/a/gB99TSx#uomLyvN

When I first came onto the Spyderco scene, I wanted a comp-lock Military and a comp-lock Civilian. I was thrilled to be informed that the coming Military 2 will be on a compression lock, and while nobody has any idea about the coming Civilian 2's lock... all I need for my comp-lock reverse-S itch to be scratched is that PM2! And it was made, so it probably is going to be released. Here is my plea for it!
Favorite Spydercos: Police 4 K390 LW, Sage 5 M4 LW, K390 wharncliffe D-fly, Cricket, Crucarta PM2, M4 Micarta Shaman, Dodo.
kennethsime

Re: Reverse-S Paramilitary 2!!!

Post by kennethsime »

I really like this idea. Especially with an Emerson wave.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
razehound

Post by razehound »

The civilian is the knife that introduced me to Spyderco... I've always loved the reverse S
-razehound :spyder: Spydiechef, Paramilitary 2, Para 3 LW, Salt 2 SE, Spydiechef, Para 3 LW

I'd rather get caught with it than without it...
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It's not a PM2 but there had been mentioned the possibilty of a reverse S FRN Super Hawk with wave. Maybe I'll find that thread and bump it.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal