Skeletons In Closets

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

Skeletons In Closets

Post by Jimd »

One of the lieutenants that is giving me a tough way to go of late has a couple skeletons in his closet. Well...to be honest, it's a whole graveyard.

My buddy, and fellow CO is a part-time cop. As such, he finds things out. Private things that most people don't want others to find out.

Seems that Lieutenant "C" has been naughty. He's been issued numerous citations for Drunken Driving (DUI), speeding, and has lost his license four times.

In 1999, he was involved in a DUI accident, in which the victim of the other vehicle was nearly killed, and had to be choppered to a hospital. The Lt. was charged with DUI, Vehicular Assault, Aggravated Assault, and a host of other charges. He then spent a month in the county prison as....AN INMATE!!! I wonder what his inmate number was... ;)

Now my pal went ahead and dredged up the newspaper article about the incident (which has a nice close-up of the drunken Lt. passed out in the back of a police cruiser :D ).

Then, my pal, being the thorough guy that he is, went ahead and gave me the Lt.'s entire arrest record, including his FBI number (everyone who's arrested gets one of those), everything he's ever been charged with, and even the fact that the Lt. has not one, but TWO, Social Security Numbers (which is also illegal).

Now our question is this: he's a commissioned officer, and one of our leaders. They're supposed to lead by example. But just how far do we go in following his example? Should we all go out and get arrested too? :rolleyes:

I'm told that copies of this public information are going to find their way to many, many people in the prison. I'm also advised that various state representatives and congressmen, along with department heads, will be receiving copies. Oh, my heavens...looks like rough water ahead, Lt..

Now our department knows about all this, and they're perfectly fine with the Lt.'s criminal history. In fact, when this occurred, he was a Sgt., and was promoted to Lt. not long after he returned to work from being an inmate. What a nice reward, don't you think? "Oh, you were charged with several felonies? No problem, here, let's promote you to Lt.!"

And people wonder why I'm cynical.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Stormdrane

Post by Stormdrane »

...made for tv movie... :o
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Stormdrane wrote:...made for tv movie... :o
When my book comes out in the years ahead, it's going to generate such a ****-storm, it'll make the Hoffa case look like Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

We're talking Corruption, Racketeering, Blackmail, Narcotics Dealing/Trafficking, Theivery, Prostitution, Intimidation, and Murder.

There is not one single thing that has not gone on in that place; literally every law that could conceivably be broken has been. And I have it all written down. Most of the thugs there don't realize that.

My wife knows that I have a lot of stuff written down, but she doesn't quite know the depth of what happened. It literally is every bit as involved as any movie you've ever seen, probably more so.

Remember "Shawshank Redemption"? Yep, it was that bad at one point. And if I hadn't actually experienced it, I wouldn't even believe me if I told myself about it.
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorites. Seen it about 15 times and could watch it over and over again. Not sure why but I just like prison movies.

Jim, he sure does have some skeletons in his closet. He'll get his. Don't you worry.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

The prison where I work is very much like Shawshank in looks and also similar administratively. It's very cold and cruel. I love the movie, too.

Andy Dufresne was played so authentically, and so was "Red" (Morgan Freeman is one of my all-time favorite actors). In fact, the whole **** movie was so authentic (with the exception of some small details). You know, many of the quotes and lines in that movie really do hold true to prison life, it was that authentic.

Have you ever read the story? Steven King wrote it.

I'd love to be a technical advisor for a prison movie.
Remember "The Green Mile"? The inmate, Billy The Kid, was played so authentically, it was scary. I really do know some guys who are that **** wild. Whomever trained that actor for the role was a freakin' genius! They absolutely had to have spent some time in an RHU (The Hole).
Artwork For Sale