What has become of Bladeforums?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: What has become of Bladeforums?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Well that stinks of people come here, from there and avoid off topic because of that. Some of the most fun stuff going on on this forum takes place in the off topic section!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:39 pm
Well that stinks of people come here, from there and avoid off topic because of that. Some of the most fun stuff going on on this forum takes place in the off topic section!
Honestly, I rarely even frequent the off topic section here. I like to talk knives on this forum. Sometimes guns. I have very little interest in discussing much else here. But that’s just me.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

T.J. wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:12 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Honestly, I rarely even frequent the off topic section here. I like to talk knives on this forum. Sometimes guns. I have very little interest in discussing much else here. But that’s just me.
A lot of the talk is of other brands a lot of us like as well. So still plenty of knife talk.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:42 pm
T.J. wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:12 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
A lot of the talk is of other brands a lot of us like as well. So still plenty of knife talk.
I agree Rick . I have learned a lot of information in Off Topic knife posts . I definitely don’t want to be one dimensional concerning knives . Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

I scroll through the new posts everyday and I’ll check out most any topic that interests me. Usually other knife brands that I like. I forget that the off topic section here is so vast. I guess I frequent it more than I realize.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:22 pm
Ankerson wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:38 pm

I think I remember that, or hearing about it.

The old saying goes as follows.

Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)

If someone asks for photos and you don't post them they will never believe you. It is the internet so there is some proof needed here and there.

Personally I never cared what people said about me in W&C... And that is NEVER.

We all know what opinions are like. :squinting-tongue
The knives are valuable to me and 80% of them are still in their original boxes. I'm not going to take 100+ knives out of boxes and take half baked images of them to post on the Internet. I posted what knives that I had, listing every one of them. I buy them because I like them and have them to use if the occasion ever comes up. They are primarily self defense weapons, not cheap garbage. They have accrued 20% in value over the last 5 years. If I sold them I can now get what I paid for them at least, I am pretty sure of that. None will be sold, they are either being passed down to nephew and niece or given to the USMC where they can be put to use.

The opinions bugged me a bit, but the management and admins were the worst, they support the attacks on people by turning a blind eye to the instigators. I still go to the site every week or so, and it's the very same accts over and over again attacking people for talking about knives.

I wouldn't do it either. ;)

I would just snap a few pictures of the boxes etc.

They would get the idea.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I was never attacked. I have had a few try, but I simply ignore them. I got sick of seeing all of the unmonitored trolls attacking people and causing fights. Sickening. I realize it is a huge forum, and it is probably hard to get moderators who will devote a lot of time to it or who can afford to do that. That does not mean I have to put up with it...and I don't.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Go to Knife Center or use Google and look them up. This is most of them.

2022 PURCHASES
- Spyderco Native Chief - St. Nick's Exclusive - Black Hardware - Red G10 - CPM-4V - C244GPRDBK
- Bark River Knives, Bravo Machete 1V Black Canvas Micarta - Red Liners - Hollow Pins
- Cold Steel 43XL Urban Edge Push Dagger 2-1/2" Plain Blade, Kray-Ex Handle, Secure-Ex Sheath
- CRKT Minimalist Katana

2021 PURCHASES
- Spyderco Sprint Run Carbon Fiber Native Chief Folder Knife, S90V Satin Blade
- Spyderco Native Chief Folder Knife, CPM Rex 45, Burnt Orange G-10, Satin Blade
- Spyderco C244GPORBK Native Chief Folder - 4.1" DLC Finish CTS-XHP Blade - Orange G-10 Handle
- Spyderco Native Chief Folder - 4.1" DLC Finish CPM-M4 Blade - Natural Jade / Native G-10 Handle
- Spyderco M4 Native Chief Lockback Knife Natural G-10 (4.08" Satin) C244GM4P
- Spyderco C244GPOR Native Chief Folder - 4.1" Satin Finish CTS-XHP Blade - Orange G-10 Handle
- Rick Hinderer Knives Ek Commando Dagger in 3V

2020 PURCHASES
1 - Boker Sgian Dubh, 440A
1 - Cold Steel 13QMBIX 3V Magnum Tanto IX, 9" 3V Blade
1 - Cold Steel 36MCD Drop Forged Wasp, 6.75" 52100 Blade
1 - Benchmade 141BK Nimravus Tanto Knife, 4.5" Black Plain Blade
1 - Microtech 112-10AP TAC-P Stainless Steel Spike, 410 stainless steel

2019 PURCHASES
1 - Spyderco Province Fixed Blade Knife 6.76" CPM-4V Satin Bowie

2018 PURCHASES
1 - Boker SPECIAL RUN Applegate Ebony Tanto Fixed Blade Knife
1 - Bradford Guardian 4 M390 - Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed
1 - Spartan Enyo Inside Waist Band/Neck Knife
1 - Spyderco Yojimbo 2, CF, 20CV Blade
2 - Zero Tolerance 0095 Sprint Run with Titanium Handles and Tan Coated CMP S90V Steel Blade Model 0095TANBLK
1 - Cold Steel, Code 4, Clip Point in CTS XHP
1 - Cold Steel, American Lawman with Black G-10 Handles and Black Coated CTS-XHP Alloy 3.50" Drop Point Plain Edge Blade
1 - Cold Steel Drop Forged Boot Knife with 52100 High Carbon Steel Bronze Finish
1 - Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point Folding Knife (4 Inch CTS-XHP Plain Black DLC Blade) G10 Handles 27TLCS
1 - Kershaw RJ Martin STPTOOL See-Through Pivot Tool for 0609
1 - Winkler Knives WK II, Winkler Belt Knife - Exclusive Special Edition CPM 3V - Sculpted Multi Cam G10
1 - KA-BAR BK21 Becker/Reinhardt Kukri Fixed 13.25" Black 1095 Blade, Nylon Handles
1 - Spyderco Jumpmaster 2 Fixed 4.5" in H1 Serrated Leaf-Shaped Blade, Black FRN Handles
1 - Winkler Knives WK II Recon, with "Black Micarta" handles, handle treatment "Sculpted"
1 - Bradford Guardian 3, M390 - Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed
1 - ESEE Knives Junglas Machete 10.38" Dark Earth Blade, Micarta Handles, Kydex Sheath
1 - Spartan Blades Horkos - Flat Black & Black Micarta Tactical Fixed Blade
1 - Winkler Knives WK II Tactical Dagger - Caswell and WASP
1 - Zero Tolerance Factory Custom 0450FCZDP Flipper Knife Ti PVD (3.25" Black)
1 - Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight Folding Knife 2.95" Maxamet Satin Plain Blade, Gray FRN Handles
1 - Spyderco Stuart Ackerman Sustain, 20CV Blade
1 - Winkler Knives/Jason Knight WKII Pathfinder Fixed Blade Knife Black Micarta (4.75" Black)
1 - Spyderco Yojimbo 2, CF, 20CV Blade
1 - Winkler Knives/Jason Knight WK II Jaeger Fixed Blade Knife Black Micarta
1 - Winkler Knives WK II Tactical Pick Leather Wrap w/ Kydex Sheath
1 - Cold Steel, Code 4, Spearpoint in CTS XHP
1 - Benchmade Barrage Custom Knife Order Model: 583
1 - Bastinelli Creations, PiKa
1 - Yojimbo 2 Scales, Black, by Allen Putman (Bladescales.com)
1 - Spyderco C85GP2 Yojimbo 2 Folding Knife, G10, S30V
1 - Boker Kwaiken Wooden Mirror - Massdrop Exclusive
1 - Medford Knife and Tool USMC Fighter
1 - Neill Schutte CUSTOM 8 inch dagger
1 - Zero Tolerance 0609BLK
2 - RMJ Tactical Raider Dagger
2 - KA-BAR / EK - Jarosz boot knife
2 - Les George Galvos Daggers CTS-XHP. (TWO) leather sheaths, (TWO) kydex sheaths.
2 - BRT BLADEWORKS (Ben Tendick) (TWO) Universal Blade Rigs
1 - Emerson Tactical Kwaiken
1 - Emerson Karambit fixed blade
1 - Emerson Barracuda - Signature series
2 - Aku Strike, Mimic T-16 trainer with 2 replacement blades
1 - CRKT FE7
1 - Gerber Strongarm BDZ-1
1 - Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto
1 - Hinderer Maximus double edge dagger
1 - Boker Kwaiken marbeled carbon fiber
1 - Tops Knives - BladeOps Blackout - Special Ed Wild Pig Hunter

2017 PURCHASES
1 - 5.11 Karambit
1 - Bark River Knives Aurora LT, ELMAX (Gave to mom for her Birthday, 2017)
1 - Bark River Knives Bravo III
1 - Bark River Knives Moro Barong
1 - Bark River Knives MACV-SOG Bowie 3V
1 - Boker Besh Wedge (Bought two, and gave one to brother.)
1 - Buck Knives 119 Red Lucite, 75th Anniversary, Limited Ed, 1 of 250
1 - Buck Knives 119 Red Widow, 75th Anniversary, Limited Ed, 1 of 250
1 - Chris Reeve Knives Green Beret, 7 inch, DLC Coated
2 - Cold Steel Machete
1 - Cold Steel Tai Pan, 3V, DLC
5 - Cold Steel Torpedo Thrower
4 - CRKT Columbia River 2010K Crawford Kasper Dragon Combat Knife 4.5"
1 - Gerber LMF II Infantry Fixed 4.84" Combo Blade, Black
1 - Hinderer XM-24, Wharncliffe, Blade Length: 4"
1 - KA-BAR D2 Extreme Fighting Knife, Blade length 7"
1 - Randall Made Knives CUSTOM Model 14 Attack Sawteeth / No Teeth," 7 inch O1 steel blade
1 - Randall Made Knives CUSTOM Model 14 Attack
1 - Randall Made Knives CUSTOM Model 13, Small (6") Arkansas Toothpick
1 - Randall Made Knives CUSTOM Model 13, Large (12") Arkansas Toothpick
1 - SOG 30th Anniversary (1986 - 2016) - Tech Bowie - w/ Wood Display Box, Coin, Patch, & Cert.
1 - Spyderco Military S110V, Folder
1 - Spyderco Bob Lum Darn Dao Fixed
1 - TOPS Knives Wild Pig Hunter, 7 1/2" Long
1 - ZT Knives 0900
1 - ZT Knives 0452 CF

1994 PURCHASES
- Randall Model 14
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

If I would have taken a pic of them in boxes, they then would have harassed me for not having users.

Face it, they're schmucks.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:18 pm
If I would have taken a pic of them in boxes, they then would have harassed me for not having users.

Face it, they're schmucks.

That's likely, but at least you would have given it a shot. :smlling-eyes
TwitchVee

Post by TwitchVee »

I was a paying member at bladeforums for years, until other members alerted me to the fact that they had been posting about me in their attack forum 'bad and ugly' and hiding the posts from me via privacy settings so I would not see it. Other memebers came to me and told me and showed me screenshots and explained that the mods had been telling everyone I was Liu Kang AKA Dan Huang. I didn't even know who that was at the time, and it became a big thing. Long-story-short the mods on bladeforums are liars, they attack anyone who they do not like, they use shady methods, they will attack your reputation and go after your family members and then stalk you on social media and report you for nothing. Then they will follow you onto other platforms as well. I ended up filling a chargeback and going about my merry way. Been fine ever since, despite a few other forums being run by the same mods that banned me immediately upon making an account. Moral of the story- bladeoforums is not the place it once was and anyone reading this should fine plenty of reason to stay away which (hopefully) will not be censored by mods and made out to be lies at their always-vicitimized expense!
Twitch Vee :usflag :woozy
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

The more I read about BF the more I am sooooo happy I never signed up . It doesn’t seem to me it will ever get cleaned up and managed correctly. MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I'm still a member over there. There's a few subforums that are educational, or sell good knives. I try not to post much anymore. I think a lot of good information that used to be posted on Bladeforums is being done better on YouTube these days.

IMHO there were always strange entities on Bladeforums. Paid trolls, regular trolls, strange experiments for college psych, sociology, poly sci, classes. The usual intelligence agencies agendas. Anti gun and knife groups. Some artificial intelligence experiments.

Things got really strange during the run up to the 2016 election. That's when I said enough.

I think a lot of people wonder why they don't clean it up, but I suspect you could view a lot of the weirdness as a honey trap for the intelligence agencies who want to know more about anyone truly wonky.

That's my take.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I always got weird vibes from it. The traditional forum used to be okay but eh.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
dano

Post by dano »

I started on Rec.Knives (USENET)...to the original Knifeforums...to being a very early Bladeforums member (Oct. 1998)...to being an early USN member...They all have/had their little quirks, personalities, etc. along with a few folks who think they run the place, or feel they are of some elite status...Ignore them, and use the ignore lists as often as possible ...
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Anyone visited the TPI forum?
James Y

Post by James Y »

I don't recall if I already mentioned this earlier or not (I'm too lazy to check), but I joined BF back in late '98 (though my profile says 1999), so I guess that makes me among the early members. But I've never had any problems there, other than one guy, one time, several years ago, who had a problem with everyone. One time, and it was really nothing but exchanging a post or two. Otherwise, no issues at all.

Well, I did get a warning once (IIRC, directly from Sparks), for asking a question about what type of pants had reinforced pockets for the outdoors, because it wasn't asked in the gear forum or something. From the warning message alert, you'd have thought I had committed some type of high security breach, LMAO. When I saw the message alert, in my imagination I heard this, in a loud, robotic voice: "BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! WARNING! YOU HAVE POSTED THIS QUESTION IN THE WILDERNESS FORUM! CAN ONLY ASK IN GEAR FORUM! TAKE NOTE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!"

🤣

Other than that, no issues at all. However, I rarely post there. There are BF members who have been there only a few months, who have more posts there than I have in 23+ years. Also, I only visit a few of the forums there, and I never linger for long. There are some good people there.

Jim
TwitchVee

Post by TwitchVee »

Danke wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:47 pm
Blade Forums is fine still. Nothing better than seeing clowns get shown the door for talking when they should have been listening.
hah! look another bladeforums elitist gonna ban anyone with an opposing opinion!
Twitch Vee :usflag :woozy
Danke

Post by Danke »

TwitchVee wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 1:49 pm
Danke wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:47 pm
Blade Forums is fine still. Nothing better than seeing clowns get shown the door for talking when they should have been listening.
hah! look another bladeforums elitist gonna ban anyone with an opposing opinion!
True story. Those folks banned themselves by talking when they should have been listening. That one will always catch up with you.