Serrated Sprint Runs Wanted? Let's Get Serious

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MyelinSheath&Borborygmi

Re: Serrated Sprint Runs Wanted? Let's Get Serious

Post by MyelinSheath&Borborygmi »

Serrated Hundred Pacer
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

kobold wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:25 pm
I would welcome a Millie, a Chief, and an as big as possible hawkbill.
I think there is an overwhelming desire from the Spyderville community for the return of the C-36 Military model with a full set of teeth>> Spyderedge that is. It's getting to where it really can't be ignored or put on the back burner any longer. And it appears like the Native Chief isn't too far behind the C-36 Military model in the overall demand for more selections in SE. Actually they are running "neck & neck" it appears.

Yeah we need more Golden CO made blades with teeth. Both models would be ideal IMO.

The more I look at that Native Chief I'm not sure which model in SE I would like to have the most. It's almost a coin flip.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:13 am
kobold wrote:
I think there is an overwhelming desire from the Spyderville community for the return of the C-36 Military model with a full set of teeth>> Spyderedge that is. It's getting to where it really can't be ignored or put on the back burner any longer. And it appears like the Native Chief isn't too far behind the C-36 Military model in the overall demand for more selections in SE. Actually they are running "neck & neck" it appears.

Yeah we need more Golden CO made blades with teeth. Both models would be ideal IMO.

The more I look at that Native Chief I'm not sure which model in SE I would like to have the most. It's almost a coin flip.

It seems like something that could be done in small batches to play it safe, so if they don't sell them Spyderco doesn't have a bunch of money tied up in product they can't move. The same goes for a SE Chief.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:17 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:13 am
kobold wrote:

It seems like something that could be done in small batches to play it safe, so if they don't sell them Spyderco doesn't have a bunch of money tied up in product they can't move. The same goes for a SE Chief.
I totally agree>> I've also said in the past on a couple of occasions if they would limit their production of serrated knives on each model to about 10% to 15% I'm quite sure they would get that much demand for blades with TEETH.

Or they could deal with knife junkies such as ourselves on a "Prepay" basis. Just pick out the model you want in SE and then pay for it ahead of time. If they were to do that then they know for sure the SE blade is sold.
Nuh Nups

Post by Nuh Nups »

I’m really glad to see this thread getting some traction. There are some really good replies here.

I would definitely be up for a “pre-pay” option, if that ever becomes available.

Like David mentioned, I would also be willing to pay more for a model with serrations. I’m sure that isn’t the case for everyone, but if it meant we could have some of our favorite models available with teeth, it would be worth it to me to pay a little more.
M.N.O.S.D. member 0026
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

I am sorry I am not a fan of serrated anything, so its a hard no for me.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:29 am
I am sorry I am not a fan of serrated anything, so its a hard no for me.

Lucky for you, probably 90% of the catalog is fair game then. For the rest of us this is important, we have very little to choose from by comparison, especially when it comes to steel options.
~David
warriorsociologist

Post by warriorsociologist »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:40 pm
All in H1 SE Salt form...
10. Catcherman 2 (updated handle with Ti clip)
THIS.
- Chris (a.k.a. "rigormootis" on some other forums)
*Current Top 3: Stretch 2 K390, Native V M4/PE, Pacific Salt (1st Gen) H1/PE...
*Wishing for: "Salty" Stretch 2 (Magnacut) & a Catcherman (LC200N)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

warriorsociologist wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:59 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:40 pm
All in H1 SE Salt form...
10. Catcherman 2 (updated handle with Ti clip)
THIS.
Hey DUDE!! you can't even realize how much I want to see the return of a fully serrated version of the CATCHERMAN model. I was lucky enough to snag one of the older AUS-8 Catcherman models in full SE in the early 2000s. Since I've owned it there hasn't been a complete week go by that I haven't at least used that model in the kitchen for some type of food prep job.

The CATCHERMAN is capable of a lot more cutting jobs than just filleting fish. Oh it's great for it's intended job but it's also a superb blade for a wide range of different jobs ( especially the fully serrated version).

When I butcher or process a deer I always have the full SE Catcherman on hand. Any time I go on any outdoor ventures I have at least 2 to 3 of my CATCHERMAN models with me. It's way past time for another full SE CATCHERMAN model.

Heck if they have any left over AUS-8 bar stock at the Great Spyder Factory I would be totally content if they used it up making more of the AUS-8, full SE CATCHERMAN model.
warriorsociologist

Post by warriorsociologist »

Yep -- I had & sold my USN Catcherman many moons ago when I was in a "cleaning house" stage of my collecting -- I now regret many that I let go. I'd be happy to jump on any iteration of a Catcherman that might get released.
- Chris (a.k.a. "rigormootis" on some other forums)
*Current Top 3: Stretch 2 K390, Native V M4/PE, Pacific Salt (1st Gen) H1/PE...
*Wishing for: "Salty" Stretch 2 (Magnacut) & a Catcherman (LC200N)
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

warriorsociologist wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:39 am
Yep -- I had & sold my USN Catcherman many moons ago when I was in a "cleaning house" stage of my collecting -- I now regret many that I let go. I'd be happy to jump on any iteration of a Catcherman that might get released.
I've been recently contemplating sending one of my green handled USN Catcherman Sprint Runs into Wiley Knives and having it converted into a fully serrated blade. H-1 just doesn't work well for me in PE unfortunately.

Also a SALT Version of the older Viele model would be quite interesting as well.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well, the upcoming SE Dodo is a step in the right direction. I just wish it was a model I was interested in owning. I'd really like to try SE M4 but not in a Dodo.
~David
di81ni

Post by di81ni »

Serrated Air would be amazing I think. In fact, I have a couple of extra Airs to try that on. Does anyone know who does custom serrations on a blade?

Edit: Willey Knives I see. Anyone have experience with them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

di81ni wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:55 am
Serrated Air would be amazing I think. In fact, I have a couple of extra Airs to try that on. Does anyone know who does custom serrations on a blade?

Edit: Willey Knives I see. Anyone have experience with them?

I do. Wasn't super blown away with the results, or suffice to say it just didn't turn out "factory enough" for my liking. I'm still on the hunt for someone I can trust to do it right and do it at the angles I want.
~David
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Another vote for a full serrated Military.

MightyQ

Post by MightyQ »

G&R tactical has a serrated blackout shamans in stock. And I believe their “knives21” coupon still works for like 15 or 20% off.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:55 am
Well, the upcoming SE Dodo is a step in the right direction. I just wish it was a model I was interested in owning. I'd really like to try SE M4 but not in a Dodo.
I wish you all knew how long I lobbied for the return of the full SE version of the Dodo model. But it was worth the wait and I do think that once any of the current Forum Brethren would actually use an SE Dodo model they will want to see them return in the main line up. The Dodo was one model that I liked equally in SE as I did in PE>> Just as I liked the C-60 Ayoob in SE & PE both.

Again the C-36 Military continues to come up with requests to return in SE so many times it can't be ignored. I would also love to see the original Viele to return in full SE as well.