Are you interested in a new run of Spyderhawk hawkbill?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

If there is a new run of Spyderhawk hawkbill, will you be acquiring 1 or more units?

Yes
71%
No
19%
Maybe
10%

Total votes: 142

dtoad

Re: Are you interested in a new run of Spyderhawk hawkbill?

Post by dtoad »

Agreed, LC200N would work. Bright Red, newly designed with some cool Bi-Directional Grips. Would be $$$$.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:25 pm
We've not even sent a sample of Magnacut to our Seki Maker to get familiar with using it. So if Magnacut is the most desired, might be 2024?

sal

I'd say just add a Black FRN H1 SE Salt (Satin and TiCN options) to the production lineup with updated Pacific Salt 2 handles and add some jimping (pleeease) for this new "Spyderhawk 2 Salt". Then sprint a MagnaCut version down the line if there is enough demand. I'd honestly rather stick with H1 SE on this knife anyway. It is GREAT stuff!! Especially in a serrated hawkbill.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

What he said.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

This thread needs more pics
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
max808

Post by max808 »

Sir, yes Sir!
familyshot003.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

The fact that this great thread on the SPYDERHAWK model has been running strong for over a month now is proof that a Sprint Run for the legendary Spyderhawk model is long overdue. Actually there is a valid argument to be made for the SPYDERHAWK to become a permanent model similar to the POLICE, ENDURA, DELICA, HARPY and the MORAN model as well.

As I've said in the past if Spyderco could penetrate the "Lawn & Garden" market along with the "Landscaping" market they would have a hard time keeping the SPYDERHAWK in stock. If they could get people past the martial arts aspect of this great model>> that would be essential to opening up a practical market for this great Hawkbill model IMO.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If I recall I think the last sprint run came from this sort of demand didn't it?
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:56 am
If I recall I think the last sprint run came from this sort of demand didn't it?
Are you referring to that "Orange Handled SPYDERHAWK" David??? That's been one of my favorites of all the Spyderhawk models. That one would be super for garden work, landscaping jobs or any other type of work in which a pull cutting folder would excel. The bright orange and nuclear Yellow handles both are easy to find if you're working. I've always found the black handled units to be easier to misplace when working.

When Sal gave us that H-1 version in the nuclear Yellow handle that was a huge step forward for practical uses.
Matus

Post by Matus »

I have officially changed my vote to yes :)
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:18 am
Evil D wrote:
Are you referring to that "Orange Handled SPYDERHAWK" David???

Yeah I'm pretty sure the orange sprint came as a result of popular demand. I remember basically feeling obligated to buy one because I was part of that mob that pushed to make it happen. What I'd really like to see is a FFG/SE version, if that's even possible on a hawkbill with this much curve to it. By comparison the Superhawk was much less HAWKbill than the Spyderhawk.
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:47 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Evil D wrote:

Yeah I'm pretty sure the orange sprint came as a result of popular demand. I remember basically feeling obligated to buy one because I was part of that mob that pushed to make it happen. What I'd really like to see is a FFG/SE version, if that's even possible on a hawkbill with this much curve to it. By comparison the Superhawk was much less HAWKbill than the Spyderhawk.
I know a lot of guys disagree with me on handle color. But on many hard use models I like those nuclear colored handles. They are easy to locate when you are working and GOD forbid if one falls overboard off of a boat in a lake or stream and you are not in too deep of water it makes them very easy to find.

I dropped one of my first yellow handled TASMAN models in about 12 to 15 feet of water in a local lake and I had very little trouble finding it. Had it been a black handled folder it would have been a lot harder to locate I'm sure.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

JD Spydo wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:51 pm
Evil D wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:47 am
JD Spydo wrote:
Evil D wrote:

I know a lot of guys disagree with me on handle color. But on many hard use models I like those nuclear colored handles. They are easy to locate when you are working and GOD forbid if one falls overboard off of a boat in a lake or stream and you are not in too deep of water it makes them very easy to find.

I dropped one of my first yellow handled TASMAN models in about 12 to 15 feet of water in a local lake and I had very little trouble finding it. Had it been a black handled folder it would have been a lot harder to locate I'm sure.

They certainly have their uses, I don't mind it at all for a knife I plan to use out in the yard or camping or something because they're so much easier to find if you do drop them. I'm planning my next purchase to be an orange Autonomy 1 (unless something comes out first AYOOB IM LOOKING AT YOU).
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I was not a fan of the orange on paper. In person it's actually a really nice color. I've dyed all but 2 of my Yellow Salts.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
SchoonerBum

Post by SchoonerBum »

I'd love to be able to buy a Spyderhawk. I didn't even know that they existed the last time there was a sprint run.

If I got to choose, I'd ask for serrated H1 in a Pac Salt 2 handle with both satin and TiCN options, but I'd be happy with anything that was a Salt.

As long as I'm dreaming I'd also love to see some more TiCn and DLC options across the whole Salt series, starting with a DLC Waterway. :smiling-cheeks
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:58 pm
I was not a fan of the orange on paper. In person it's actually a really nice color. I've dyed all but 2 of my Yellow Salts.
The nuclear colored Hawkbill folders do tend to grow on you over time. Again it's so handy to be able to find those brightly colored folders when you misplace them. And it's going to happen to all of us at some time. The orange/yellow SPYDERHAWK and the G-10 Harpy both must return at some point.

I'm still holding out hope that someday there will be a fixed blade Hawkill in the size range of the Spyderhawk.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I do really like the Orange on my Spyderhawk Sprint. I'd much rather have that than Yellow or Green on a new Spyderhawk 2 Salt. That Orange with TiCN would be AMAZING!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
GJMcD

Post by GJMcD »

I know I’m in the minority on this thread, but for my uses having the PE option is a must. For harder use I’ve always preferred liners as well.
z1r

Post by z1r »

GJMcD wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:32 am
I know I’m in the minority on this thread, but for my uses having the PE option is a must. For harder use I’ve always preferred liners as well.
Yeah, there are a lot of SE options, not so with PE. I'd love any PE Hawbill at least the size of a Tasman Salt. A lack of liners would not be a deal killer for me.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

At least 500 or so PE spyderhawks should be run. I call dibs on 2.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

This thread definitely needs more pics. Original and latest spyderhawk. I just need a blue PE and a yellow H1 PE to complete the collection