Warranty woes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BLUETYPEII

Re: Warranty woes

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Chuck James wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:52 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 pm
This is the conclusion to my warranty claim submittal to Spyderco.

Spyderco warranty repair called me back and left a message. I was told the Sustain sheath could not be replaced due to the fact that they are discontinued and out of stock. No issues with replacing the Siren or Pacific Salt though.

I was quite irritated after hearing this so I called Spyderco back. When I ended up speaking to someone a day or two later about the situation I was fired up and unfortunately wasn’t very nice over the phone . I did apologize for yelling and I do definitely regret it.

Sorry again Sir.

After clearing it with the higher-ups the gentleman on the phone ended up sending me a blacked out wharncliffe Manbug (per my request) for compensation. I’m not sure if this kind of consideration will be given to everyone, or just jerks like me that complain, but I am satisfied. I just wish I would’ve been a little more tactful on the phone.

I wanted to add one last thing. I was offered to send the Sustain back to Spyderco. However I was not interested in doing so.
My opinion....

At this point, Spyderco should consider firing customers. :disappointed
We’ll that’s your opinion. I can’t say I agree.

Everyone gets irritated from time to time. I apologized and it’s done with.

I don’t need you taking cheap shots at me. 😡
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:20 am
Chuck James wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

Spyderco warranty repair called me back and left a message. I was told the Sustain sheath could not be replaced due to the fact that they are discontinued and out of stock. No issues with replacing the Siren or Pacific Salt though.

I was quite irritated after hearing this so I called Spyderco back. When I ended up speaking to someone a day or two later about the situation I was fired up and unfortunately wasn’t very nice over the phone . I did apologize for yelling and I do definitely regret it.

Sorry again Sir.

After clearing it with the higher-ups the gentleman on the phone ended up sending me a blacked out wharncliffe Manbug (per my request) for compensation. I’m not sure if this kind of consideration will be given to everyone, or just jerks like me that complain, but I am satisfied. I just wish I would’ve been a little more tactful on the phone.

I wanted to add one last thing. I was offered to send the Sustain back to Spyderco. However I was not interested in doing so.
My opinion....

Seems you have pent-up anger. :steam-nose

Good for thee but not for me??? :thinking
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Chuck James wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:22 pm
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:20 am
Chuck James wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

Sorry again Sir.

My opinion....

Seems you have pent-up anger. :steam-nose

Good for thee but not for me??? :thinking
You can shut up now.
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:26 am
TazKristi wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:15 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:42 pm
I called to check on the status of my three Spyderco knives that I sent in for warranty repair service.

I was told directly by a Spyderco employee that turnaround time is about two weeks.”

When I called today I actually got a hold of somebody in warranty repair and they told me “it’s about two weeks to get it checked in to their system and another three weeks for turnaround time.”

I’m getting Irritated about the situation to say the least and I don’t really know how to vocalize it properly so I’ll just stop here. 😡

(edit for typos)
Hi, BLUETYPEII:
I think there's been a misunderstanding. I spoke with Warranty & Repair and reviewed the call logs. Our total turnaround time is currently 2-3 weeks. That's from the time we receive your knife (or knives and sheath) until they are sent home to you. Charlynn left a message for you yesterday with the status of your items. We understand that you are upset, and we're working to resolve the issues you've experienced.

I hope this helps clarify things.

Kristi
Kristi

I think there was a misunderstanding about turnaround time because the call the other day said the order was completed and ready to send back.

I never hesitate to share my opinion good or bad. I’m a very straightforward person. I hope y’all at Spyderco don’t take offense to this posting thread. I do like Spyderco. I definitely own more Spyderco knives than any other brand hands down.
Maybe you do not comprehend?

How about this......Okay for you and no one else?? :disappointed
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Chuck James wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:43 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
TazKristi wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:42 pm
I called to check on the status of my three Spyderco knives that I sent in for warranty repair service.

I was told directly by a Spyderco employee that turnaround time is about two weeks.”

When I called today I actually got a hold of somebody in warranty repair and they told me “it’s about two weeks to get it checked in to their system and another three weeks for turnaround time.”

I’m getting Irritated about the situation to say the least and I don’t really know how to vocalize it properly so I’ll just stop here. 😡

(edit for typos)
Hi, BLUETYPEII:
I think there's been a misunderstanding. I spoke with Warranty & Repair and reviewed the call logs. Our total turnaround time is currently 2-3 weeks. That's from the time we receive your knife (or knives and sheath) until they are sent home to you. Charlynn left a message for you yesterday with the status of your items. We understand that you are upset, and we're working to resolve the issues you've experienced.

Kristi
Kristi

I think there was a misunderstanding about turnaround time because the call the other day said the order was completed and ready to send back.

I never hesitate to share my opinion good or bad. I’m a very straightforward person. I hope y’all at Spyderco don’t take offense to this posting thread. I do like Spyderco. I definitely own more Spyderco knives than any other brand hands down.

Maybe you should just stop bothering me. I do not value your opinion at this point, so just keep it to your self.
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:47 am
Chuck James wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:
TazKristi wrote:

Hi, BLUETYPEII:

Kristi
Kristi

Maybe you should just stop bothering me. I do not value your opinion at this point, so just keep it to your self.
Your value of my opinion is of no importance to me.

Before blowing your top...next time try to be more considerate of the person on the other end of your call.

After all....YOU called them for help.

Have a nice day Sir. :smlling-eyes
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Chuck James wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:54 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Chuck James wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

Kristi

Before blowing your top...next time try to be more considerate of the person on the other end of your call.

Troll
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:02 am
Chuck James wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Chuck James wrote:

Troll
Sir.....Why do you resort to name calling???

This speaks greatly of you and your troubles.
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Chuck James wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:07 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Chuck James wrote:
BLUETYPEII wrote:

Troll

Maybe you don’t comprehend.

Chuck James = Internet troll

If we were face-to-face you would not be so brave keyboard warrior.
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Chuck James

Post by Chuck James »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:12 am
Chuck James wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:07 am
BLUETYPEII wrote:
Chuck James wrote:

Troll

Maybe you don’t comprehend.

Chuck James = Internet troll

Maybe someday you will figure it out. :') :')

Good Day Sir. :smlling-eyes
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Please everyone let’s put this thread to bed and move on . Respectfully MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Well said MG2. I think this thread has been resolved.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Giygas

Post by Giygas »

Giygas wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:23 pm
I know this is just one data point, but I got a reply to my warranty issue email within 48 hours.

Probably the quickest response I've ever had.
Probably relevant to add to this that I haven't actually received the replacement hardware yet, 7 weeks later, but it was a really quick initial response!
fixall

Post by fixall »

Spyderco received my Siren two weeks ago today. I'm hoping my issue is resolved sometime this week.

It's been nine weeks since I contacted them the first time. On the plus side, today I finally got a response to the email I sent to Spyderco five weeks ago...
fixall

Post by fixall »

Monday will be four weeks since Spyderco received my Siren. Still no word. :(
araneae

Post by araneae »

Super disappointing that this situation doesn't seem to be improving much. Customer service has been a hallmark for Spyderco and I never had a bad experience the few times I've needed their help. 5 weeks to respond to an email? That's totally unacceptable by any standards.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I understand and respect the frustrations of some here and I am not on a quest to blindly defend Spydercos customer service!

Just for balance I'd like to share my personal very positive experiences once more (all pre covid, could have been different then):

Two times I asked for clip screws, one time for a pivot screw:
Each time I got the items sent over to me (Europe) for totally free and pretty quickly, at least two times they even included a small tube of loctite.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
fixall

Post by fixall »

Today makes four weeks since Spyderco received my Siren. It would be nice to know that they received it at least.

I’ve had to hand over fishing duty to my Buck 102. :(
cholla_remover

Post by cholla_remover »

I sent a knife in at the end of the month and I got a phone call back shortly after. The knife is apparently in spec, but I was offered full credit for the cost. I imagine this was an easy one for them to close out, since it did not require repair. To me that says they are working and triaging.
TheGiant80

Post by TheGiant80 »

BLUETYPEII wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:12 am
EDIT: Not worth it. Nevermind.