Is the Autonomy Auto Knife still being made?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steeljustice

Is the Autonomy Auto Knife still being made?

Post by steeljustice »

A friend asked me about my Spyderco Autonomy Auto Knife i keep seeing it's out of stock on Spyderco's Web site.

Being a big fan of auto knives i have other brands, but the Spyderco Autonomy with it's LC200N blade steel, and it's smooth button operation with a blade lock is the auto knife i really like best and trust.

So the question is is it still being made and if not why?
Evil D

Re: Is the Autonomy Auto Knife still being made?

Post by Evil D »

The Autonomy 2 is available at a bunch of dealers, but the Autonomy 1 has been out of stock forever. Last I heard the 1 isn't discontinued, just out of stock.

Also to clarify, the Autonomy 1 is H1 steel and the Autonomy 2 is LC200N.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

Thank you Evil D for both your answer about if the knife is still made and the difference in the H1 and H2 blade steels, realy glad i was able to but my spiderco autonmy with the H2 LC200N blade steel.

On the subject of Auto knives where some refere to as switchblade knives.

When i was selling knives at a local sporting good store, my state made the auto knives legal for others then law enforcement so anyone could buy them, but as i always told customers buying an auto knife beware of this item i post below because this law is today still on the books 64 years late,r and i also tell people as long as it a Federal Law you have to understand it's not just a little simple law you can just over look or forget about.
=============
Federal Switchblade Act
U.S. Code Title 15 Commerce and Trade
Chapter 29 – Manufacture, Transportation, or Distribution of Switchblade Knives
Commonly referred to as the “Federal Switchblade Act,” it was passed by Congress on August 12, 1958, enacted as Public Law 85-623, an “act to prohibit the introduction, or manufacture for introduction, into interstate commerce of switchblade knives, and for other purposes.”
Coastal

Post by Coastal »

I too am waiting for the Autonomy 1 to come back in stock. I can see where it might be low on Spyderco's production priority list.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

The Black H1 Autonomy was restocked last month. Spyderco.com has sold out but they are still at, at least, one dealer (probably a few but i haven't looked).
The Orange H1 Autonomy hasn't popped up in quite a while.
The All Black LC200n Autonomy 2 in PlainEdge & SpyderEdge are still around at dealers. The ComboEdge had not been made available yet.
The Satin LC200n Autonomy 2 in PlainEdge is still at, at least, one dealer. The other edge types may be around but I haven't looked for them.

On a side note... this thread will probably disappear and reappear in the Restricted Models Discussion section of the forum.
•• Beau
steeljustice

Post by steeljustice »

I love my Autonomy2 but for my edc it’s just a little to large.