2022 NCAA Tourney

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

2022 NCAA Tourney

Post by MacLaren »

Looks like 2 Blue Blood's have been bounced out during the first round - Kentucky has been eliminated.
That has to be a crushing defeat for Wildcat fans.
As a Tar Heel, I've been there and it's terrible.
Looks also like a couple 12 seeds bounced a couple 5 seeds too. The Richmond Spiders bounced Iowa out and New Mexico State bounced another Blue Blood the UCONN Huskies.
I was stunned at how well my Heels played against the Marquette Golden Eagles. But, I'm certainly dreading tomorrow's game against #1 seed & Defending National Champion Baylor Bears. I just hope we don't give up. Because Baylor will indeed knock the wind out of us more than once.
Other than that, I really hope Cal State Fullerton bounces Duke's arse out in the first round tonight!
That would be even sweeter than my Heels beating them for K's last home game!
That was an EPIC win for UNC & that's saying quiet a lot!
legOFwhat?

Re: 2022 NCAA Tourney

Post by legOFwhat? »

:ninja rough night. On a good note I did use one of my mules to cut up a UK shirt. Cut right through because, like UK, there wasn't a backbone or guts in it. >:[
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I feel your pain as an Illinois fan loss to Loyola last year was degrading. I have little hopes for them this year , getting Corbello back has been a roller coaster ride . This is turning out to be a fun tournament mid majors are not backing down playing their game , love it . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
sok

Post by sok »

I am not rooting for any team in particular but wanting to see how players with NBA first round draft potential play.

I hated to see Iowa lose because I was wanting to see Keegan Murray play some more under March Madness pressure. I kind of had him and Tari Eason, from LSU, rated about the same, top tenish. We’ll see how Tari does.

Chet Holmgren looked good but that was a 16 vs a 1 seed.

Lots of big names playing today like Jabari Smith, Banchero, Ivey, Eason, Johnny Davis, Kessler, etc.

Lots of heartbreak fixing to happen over the next few days. I used to consider March Madness my favorite sporting event.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

sok wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:03 am
I am not rooting for any team in particular but wanting to see how players with NBA first round draft potential play.

I hated to see Iowa lose because I was wanting to see Keegan Murray play some more under March Madness pressure. I kind of had him and Tari Eason, from LSU, rated about the same, top tenish. We’ll see how Tari does.

Lots of big names playing today like Jabari Smith, Banchero, Ivey, Eason, Johnny Davis, Kessler, etc.

Lots of heartbreak fixing to happen over the next few days. I used to consider March Madness my favorite sporting event.
Murray is awesome , frankly can’t see how the Illini beat them twice this season . Iowa just had a very bad day and couldn’t get their game going in a flow .
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
sok

Post by sok »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:03 am
sok wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:03 am

Murray is awesome , frankly can’t see how the Illini beat them twice this season . Iowa just had a very bad day and couldn’t get their game going in a flow .
Yeah, Murray is awesome. It was just an off day. This tournament is unforgiving.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Let's go Davidson!
I love Tom Izzo & Michigan State but, I gotta pull for Davidson from NC - Charlotte area.
They're giving MSU all they can handle
Btw, that's where Steph Curry played.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Illinois played terrible , can’t say anymore because my iPad will start on fire ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:13 pm
Illinois played terrible , can’t say anymore because my iPad will start on fire ! MG2
No, I understand, bad analogy I reckon, just meant to say I know what it feels like to be livid! Lol, it sux
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MacLaren wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:16 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:13 pm
No, I understand, bad analogy I reckon, just meant to say I know what it feels like to be livid! Lol, it sux
No worries buddy , we won by one point but very poor offense . Defense found a way to keep us in the game . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Man, Davidson just couldn't hold on....MSU too deep and really suffocated the Wildcats.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

These refs ......I've never saw anything like this!!!
It's terrible
Have yall ever seen 8 straight calls against one team before and none for the other???
sok

Post by sok »

Exciting game!
sok

Post by sok »

Oh crap! And one.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I can now say I have witnessed a crooked *** bunch of referee's.
Up 25 points and all the sudden we commit 8 straight fouls? And Manek gets ejected for a rough foul????
And that's just the tip of the iceberg
Man, if that was even Duke out there getting hosed I would be livid......I can't say it any more truthfully than that. These refs should be fired and banned from officiating any more NCAA games.
Last edited by MacLaren on Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sok

Post by sok »

I’ve just had the game on in the background. I can’t comment on details.

OT though.
Any other time I would be rooting for the Big Twelve, but today I hope you get the win MacLaren.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

sok wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:39 pm
I’ve just had the game on in the background. I can’t comment on details.

OT though.
Any other time I would be rooting for the Big Twelve, but today I hope you get the win MacLaren.
Bro, I never complain about officiating because 99% of the time they're good. They're gonna miss some and it happens but, this is criminal......
sok

Post by sok »

I understand. If NC loses, it will stick with you a while. Remember my Oklahoma/Oregon rant in the college football thread?
sok

Post by sok »

Survive and advance.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

sok wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:50 pm
I understand. If NC loses, it will stick with you a while. Remember my Oklahoma/Oregon rant in the college football thread?
Yup.
And, I apologize for ranting like that.....but, I really love Carolina...my wife is an alumni and I've been going to games since the Dean Dome opened in 85
It's amazing how sports can get us cranked up, ain't it!?