Has the Paramilitary 2 ship sailed?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Is the Paramilitary 2 done?

Yes, it's a dead horse that we'll be kicking for another year plus.
22%
No, it's got life left.
26%
Not if they get creative again, too much overlap.
7%
The frequency is too high to seek them all. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
20%
I love 'em so keep 'em coming! Especially if they're easier to score. They will sell out eventually.
25%

Total votes: 136

RamZar

Re: Has the Paramilitary 2 ship sailed?

Post by RamZar »

Here are some threads related to the clip position of the ParaMilitary2 from the factory. One of the threads is a preference poll albeit it’s from 9 years ago. I wonder if a new poll would echo the past results.

viewtopic.php?t=60004

viewtopic.php?t=74684

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90659
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
shaztec

Post by shaztec »

All of those sprint runs and I feel like I've been waiting a year and a half for news on the lefty pm2 in s45vn. It's getting a bit tiring.
shaztecs_knives on instagram
Co Pilot

Post by Co Pilot »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:23 am
Co Pilot wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:26 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:09 am
^I think making blade shape exclusives was a mistake. I think Spyderco could have made more profit making them regular production knives. And from a customer standpoint, the demand exceeds the supply. At least with a steel and color combo, there will be other opportunities if you dont get a particular exclusive. But with these a lot of people miss out on a new design AND on the opportunity for another company to comission a color/steel combo, or for Spyderco to do a Sprint.
100%. Couldn't agree more about the profit and the that there is more opportunity to get different steel/color combos. And always thought Spyderco was missing the opportunity to have different companies and themselves do sprints of the wharnnie and tanto. Thanks for saying it the way I wanted to! Lol.
👍🏻
If and when they make a Tanto/Emerson/Wharncliffe Para3 I hope they learn from this and make it a regular production knife.
I hope so too. I also hope they find a way to just start making tanto and Wharncliffe PM2's part of regular production. Would definitely buy one of each. At least, I tend to buy much used knives in doubles.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Co Pilot wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:59 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Co Pilot wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:09 am
^I think making blade shape exclusives was a mistake. I think Spyderco could have made more profit making them regular production knives. And from a customer standpoint, the demand exceeds the supply. At least with a steel and color combo, there will be other opportunities if you dont get a particular exclusive. But with these a lot of people miss out on a new design AND on the opportunity for another company to comission a color/steel combo, or for Spyderco to do a Sprint.
100%. Couldn't agree more about the profit and the that there is more opportunity to get different steel/color combos. And always thought Spyderco was missing the opportunity to have different companies and themselves do sprints of the wharnnie and tanto. Thanks for saying it the way I wanted to! Lol.
👍🏻
If and when they make a Tanto/Emerson/Wharncliffe Para3 I hope they learn from this and make it a regular production knife.
I hope so too. I also hope they find a way to just start making tanto and Wharncliffe PM2's part of regular production. Would definitely buy one of each. At least, I tend to buy much used knives in doubles.
Love to see a factory Wharnie but at this time it’s a Cutlery Shoppe exclusive. Only way it possibly happen if they went with Orange scales next run and free up the color Black . Probably a pipe dream though . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just seems like a waste of a good design if these companies aren't going to keep them in stock.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:42 pm
Just seems like a waste of a good design if these companies aren't going to keep them in stock.
I totally agree, locking in a Wharnie to one dealer seems to be a shot in the foot for Spyderco. MG2
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Has the PM2 “ship” sailed?

You bet! Into just about every port. With new ports popping up almost daily and with an unseen fleet lying just over the horizon. :cheap-sunglasses
-Marc (pocketing an S30V Military2 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

That ship has sailed for me. I have no interest in the PM2, its related models or its variations.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Notsurewhy

Post by Notsurewhy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:42 pm
This right here. I also think it's silly to not do another run of a popular exclusive. Just leaving money on the table.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Maybe these companies have all ordered more stock, and even some steel and color variations to boot and it just takes time to get them made. But if they haven't.... it's very disappointing.

I have friends who were neutral at best on their like of the PM2 but then saw the Wharnie, Tanto and Emerson version and said, oooo I want one of those. At which point I had to disappoint them and tell them they're not available. I'd like one too at some point.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Co Pilot

Post by Co Pilot »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:55 pm
Co Pilot wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:59 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Co Pilot wrote:

👍🏻
Love to see a factory Wharnie but at this time it’s a Cutlery Shoppe exclusive. Only way it possibly happen if they went with Orange scales next run and free up the color Black . Probably a pipe dream though . MG2
Perhaps this is the time for the Spyderco standard production model to come in a color BESIDES black? I vote for some sort of gray. I know that's used on another steel but perhaps a different shade?
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Spyderco is very creative there are many options of colors out there . The big picture is the exclusive issue and the legalities around the blade design . I don’t see that information publicly shared . There is another angle though , think Super Hawk , and Super Leaf , why not a Super Wharnie ? If Spyderco decided to make a refined model it would be a home run . Nothing against FRN Wharnies ( love them) I just think all the details are already there just a working blade design is needed to create it . Nothing wrong with dreaming about it sometime it becomes a reality . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
lilshaver

Post by lilshaver »

Has the PM2 ship sailed? Yes right into my safe where it offloaded and took my wallet with it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Absolutely not!!! The PARA2 is a hallmark of Spyderco's great GOLDEN, CO USA made models.

As long as the immortal C-36 Military model is in the main line up>> then I can't for even one second imagine why the PARA2 model would not be on the same catalog page.

Of the Para3, Para2 and C-36 Military models I must admit that I find the PARA2 to be the most practical EDC model of them all.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

Co Pilot wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:50 pm
Perhaps this is the time for the Spyderco standard production model to come in a color BESIDES black? I vote for some sort of gray. I know that's used on another steel but perhaps a different shade?
That would be nice.

If that's not in the cards, a Magnacut PM2 with yellow G10 and black hardware would be an awesome addition to the regular production line.
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

I’m done buying PM2’s until a new lefty version is released. I sold all of my righty’s except for an OD green s90 and a Tanto M4. I’ve been carrying my lefty S30v for about a month now.
anycal

Post by anycal »

What did I miss? :zany
Peter