How often do you wear blue jeans?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

How often do you wear blue jeans?

Every day
46%
Every work day
4%
Every weekend day
4%
Once or twice a week
19%
Hardly ever
12%
Never
15%

Total votes: 52

TomAiello

Re: How often do you wear blue jeans?

Post by TomAiello »

I haven't worn blue jeans in at least 25 years. I just never found them particularly comfortable.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

As far as stiff goes, some denim is certainly on the cardboard side of comfort but I've come to love Levi's stretch denim. It's thinner than most and just feels better. It may not be as durable as heavier weight denim but if you're just wearing them casually it's worth looking into. I've got a pair of 559's that are practically like wearing PJ pants.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:38 am
As far as stiff goes, some denim is certainly on the cardboard side of comfort but I've come to love Levi's stretch denim. It's thinner than most and just feels better. It may not be as durable as heavier weight denim but if you're just wearing them casually it's worth looking into. I've got a pair of 559's that are practically like wearing PJ pants.
Yep, this. 559s are where it's at. I'm also partial to 527s though, too, but I only wear those with my Dr. Martens or my Cowboy boots.
--Jeremy
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

I don't even own a pair of jeans. Haven't for well over a decade.

u.w.
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

Rarely, because of the heat down here.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

I have not owned a pair of blue jeans in at least 10 years!
Wrangler Riggs Ranger cargo pants/ shorts give me the pocket real estate I need for my copious EDC ;)
Plus, they are comfortable and very durable.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

When I was in high school, the good Jesuits told us we had to wear slacks and polishable shoes. This was to prepare us to dress well for work in the future, but probably more to make the parents happy.

After I graduated high school I proceeded to wear jeans and sneakers pretty much for the rest of my life. Currently 501s. Heat is not a summer problem in San Francisco. Global warming can't happen fast enough for me. YMMV
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Almost every day.

I agree with David, stretch denim jeans is wear it’s at. They strike a great balance of comfortable, practical, and stylish. I actually started a thread recently about Good Jeans - my favorite these days are Carhartt relaxed fit stretch jeans, especially when they’re on sale for $20.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
PineyBoy

Post by PineyBoy »

I wear jeans pretty much every day, but I don't work. Wrangler's @ 36x30 something. When I worked I wore suits and those days are long gone.