Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Cheddarnut

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by Cheddarnut »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Imagechecked my drawer no knives. I did find top secret prototype Spyderco Socks, tip down only . MG2
Genius.
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Cheddarnut wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:27 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:24 pm
Imagechecked my drawer no knives. I did find top secret prototype Spyderco Socks, tip down only . MG2
Genius.
That’s not quite what my wife said watching take the picture . Something about act your age ? 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Here is the latest spreadsheet. If you see anything I need to add let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... KV/pubhtml

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

On a sidenote, my welcoming pack finally came in. It looks more like a contract. Some non-compete stuff and can't hold us liable blah blah blah. Wanted to know my bank account # and social sec. # with directions on how to mail back. Don't worry, I mailed it back complete immediately. It looks like it is typed out in 8 point font with each page filled. So, it will probably take me a few weeks and a magnifying glass to get through all of it, but I will do my best.

- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:32 pm
I wonder what 0011 'The Meat Man's profession is?
There seems to be cattle in background pics so it may be self explanatory ;) 0002

Again my attempts at humor fail.
JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:24 am
On a sidenote, my welcoming pack finally came in. It looks more like a contract. Some non-compete stuff and can't hold us liable blah blah blah. Wanted to know my bank account # and social sec. # with directions on how to mail back. Don't worry, I mailed it back complete immediately. It looks like it is typed out in 8 point font with each page filled. So, it will probably take me a few weeks and a magnifying glass to get through all of it, but I will do my best.

Continuing with the theme of my humor impairment, I'm sure the above is an excellent joke I don't quite understand about the bureaucracy of an organization, but if you want a nice clean logo without the grey bits hanging around, just PM me and we'll find a way to get you clean artwork.
Last edited by Bolster on Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:31 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Bolster wrote:
There seems to be cattle in background pics so it may be self explanatory ;) 0002

I am going to put Spinach Farmer on his line.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Bolster wrote:

Has SG89 been notified of her prestigious award by fireman and you ? 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:33 am
Bolster wrote:
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Bolster wrote:

I am going to put Spinach Farmer on his line.
I think he may have something else in mind never know . Spinach farmer does have a ring to it , if you are Popeye . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:37 am

I did not PM her directly, no. Did I miss a step?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:37 am

I did not PM her directly, no. Did I miss a step?
Yes I believe so , I think she may be unaware . I mentioned that a in a PM . Another way would possibly tag her last post here so she can see it in notifications. I didn’t reach out because I did not want to step on anybody’s toes . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Continuing with the theme of my humor impairment, I'm sure the above is an excellent joke I don't quite understand about the bureaucracy of an organization, but if you want a nice clean logo without the grey bits hanging around, just PM me and we'll find a way to get you clean artwork.
No I got one. I am still holding on to my character from about 57 pages ago. Just continuing the character's development.

I am not at my home PC, so I copied a low quality image for the pun. I have the higher res one at home.

Now back to the character.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:24 am

To save time and money forge my name along with yours . Last name is Dillinger .0002
Henry David Thoreau
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am
Yes I believe so , I think she may be unaware . I mentioned that a in a PM . Another way would possibly tag her last post here so she can see it in notifications. I didn’t reach out because I did not want to step on anybody’s toes . 0002

Sorry, 0002. Chain of command was broken, my fault, will PM her forthwith. --0003

EDIT: Aaaaand, done. Notification sent with deep courteous bows and many extraneous flourishes.
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:47 am
To save time and money forge my name along with yours . Last name is Dillinger .0002

Add mine too. Last name, Hugginkiss. First name, Amanda.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Bolster wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:52 am
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:43 am

Sorry, 0002. Chain of command was broken, my fault, will PM her forthwith. --0003

EDIT: Aaaaand, done. Notification sent with deep courteous bows and many extraneous flourishes.
I humbly accept this award and also I will take the 2 pc leg combo spicy with cajun mashed potatoes, red beans and rice, biscuit and 1 packet of honey. Coke to drink. 🥳🧦🧦
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Wow, this noble order has really taken off. What are the prerequisites for obtaining membership to this fine band? I wear socks, but I do not have a sock drawer (per se). I prefer to keep my socks on a shelf so I can look at them whenever I want. Also, this allows me to keep quick tabs on inventory so I can replace any that have too many holes, etc. I also tend to separate them by color/style, which is probably just my OCD kicking in. Anywho, I would humbly request permission for me to join to this merry band of Knife/Sock Junkies. If I am accepted, I would be delighted to have my number be 082 if at all possible. Mucho gracias! 🙏
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

SpyderNut wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:52 am
Wow, this noble order has really taken off. What are the prerequisites for obtaining membership to this fine band? I wear socks, but I do not have a sock drawer (per se). I prefer to keep my socks on a shelf so I can look at them whenever I want. Also, this allows me to keep quick tabs on inventory so I can replace any that have too many holes, etc. I also tend to separate them by color/style, which is probably just my OCD kicking in. Anywho, I would humbly request permission for me to join to this merry band of Knife/Sock Junkies. If I am accepted, I would be delighted to have my number be 082 if at all possible. Mucho gracias! 🙏
Welcome to Most Noble , when the clouds separate and the sun shines , 0005 will grant your wishes . Please take some time at your leisure to catch up on information and updates , they could be useful . Glad to have you join us and enjoy your time here . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:16 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Welcome to Most Noble , when the clouds separate and the sun shines , 0005 will grant your wishes . Please take some time at your leisure to catch up on information and updates , they could be useful . Glad to have you join us and enjoy your time here .Glad to see you are in Big Ten country ! 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

SpyderNut wrote:
I think you may already be in. Let me check the most holy spreadsheet.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:55 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Yes, yes you are member # 0014. I believe you were excepted during our initial days of very stringent requirements. Like posting " Where am I, and how did I get here" and the like. Would you like a # change?
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:16 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Welcome to Most Noble , when the clouds separate and the sun shines , 0005 will grant your wishes . Please take some time at your leisure to catch up on information and updates , they could be useful . Glad to have you join us and enjoy your time here . 0002
JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:57 pm
JSumm wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:55 pm
SpyderNut wrote:
Yes, yes you are member # 0014. I believe you were excepted during our initial days of very stringent requirements. Like posting " Where am I, and how did I get here" and the like. Would you like a # change?
Gentlemen, my sincere appreciation for your kind consideration of my acceptance to the Club. I shall endeavor to uphold the bylaws and integrity of this fine institution with a sincere heart and clean socks. (Oh, and hahaha! I neglected to read the Holy Spreadsheet of Names, otherwise I would have seen I was already a member! 🤦🏻).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal