Made someone’s day today

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woodpuppy

Made someone’s day today

Post by Woodpuppy »

I gave a coworker a pink Delica! I had bought it for one of my daughters, I have 3 and foolishly assumed one would want it. Wrong! They claimed teal and purple Dragonflies, no pink for any of them! Well my friend had a crappy day yesterday, and she loves pink so it was a perfect match.

I have another VG10 Delica that is going to another friend tomorrow… only question is will it have blue scales, or burnt orange? I’ll be keeping the HAP40 wharnie blade, but I’m thinking hard about putting the blue scales on it.
Last edited by Woodpuppy on Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Re: Made someone’s day today

Post by Doc Dan »

Good for you! Spread the love.

Last year I ordered a Dragonfly for an elderly man down in your neck of the woods and had it shipped to him. He and his wife have a lot of health issues and he could not afford it. It made his day. It never leaves his pocket.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Wish I had more friends like you!
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I’ve gifted knives on different occasions the smile is worth more than the cost any day . Great stories that make great memories are priceless . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:38 pm
I gave a coworker a pink Delica! ....
Funny, I'll gift a Delica-sized knife just
today too and a lot of ths is about the color:

A Native Salt to my niece, she is 12 and loves the yellow of the scales.. ;)

Gave her a Byrd Meadowlark already some time ago, but the Native will be her first "real" Spyderco" and I a am sure "make her day".
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

My daughter, whom I thought would love the pink Delica, has chosen my SE Salt 2 also!! Because of the yellow and the teeth.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:16 am
My daughter, whom I thought would love the pink Delica, has chosen my SE Salt 2 also!! Because of the yellow and the teeth.
Well, she has good taste.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 am
Woodpuppy wrote:
I gave a coworker a pink Delica! ....
Funny, I'll gift a Delica-sized knife just
today too and a lot of ths is about the color:

A Native Salt to my niece, she is 12 and loves the yellow of the scales.. ;)

Gave her a Byrd Meadowlark already some time ago, but the Native will be her first "real" Spyderco" and I a am sure "make her day".
Wow such a nice gift!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
I gave a coworker a pink Delica! I had bought it for one of my daughters, I have 3 and foolishly assumed one would want it. Wrong! They claimed teal and purple Dragonflies, no pink for any of them! Well my friend had a crappy day yesterday, and she loves pink so it was a perfect match.

I have another VG10 Delica that is going to another friend tomorrow… only question is will it have blue scales, or burnt orange? I’ll be keeping the HAP40 wharnie blade, but I’m thinking hard about putting the blue scales on it.
Nice gesture! Definitely do a scale swap
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jdw

Post by jdw »

Great stories. This forum is full of legitimately nice people and stories like these always reinforce my belief in the kindness of humanity. Good on you all!
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
z1r

Post by z1r »

Awesome! Nicely done. Late last year I gifted a co-worker a Harrier 2. He had recently bought some type of S&W knife that had a tendency to open in his pocket and despite being a flipper would not deploy. The weekend after he told me that I stopped by the SFO and snagged him the Harrier. Gave it to him on a Monday and just made his day. He carries it daily and I occasionally spy him in the Office using it.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

LMAO! I can't believe that you made a thread just to toot your own horn. You're so cool!
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

SSD_777 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:51 pm
LMAO! I can't believe that you made a thread just to toot your own horn. You're so cool!
I prefer to think of it as encouraging a little generosity among those who can towards those who cannot rather than "tooting his own horn". Good on the OP!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

SSD_777 wrote:
I thought it was a nice gesture. I handed out around $3500 in cash to homeless people in Chicago around 2010. It made some people very happy. Didn't put a dent in my life.

I'm broke but dry, warm and well fed. Have a nice knife collection that I'll pass on to a nephew and niece. I have a knife collection, some books, martial arts videos, a computer and the clothes on my back. You should try that.

I gave up on the "American Dream." I retired because corrupt people and corporations don't pay after they hire. I was stiffed out of $35,000 in Silicon Valley, lost my bride to be, then screamed at and thrown around by the FBI for an hour when I complained online twice. Typically, a man's handshake or word isn't worth spit.

Generosity begins with YOU. There are people who exist for things other than to accrue wealth, and when things go South, you realize that it's just better to forget about "plans." Plans are for dreamers.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Last edited by Woodpuppy on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SSD_777 wrote:
Don't be "that guy"....
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
on_the_edge

Post by on_the_edge »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:16 am
SSD_777 wrote:
Don't be "that guy"....
Too late...
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

It is great to pass on a Spyderco to another. Whether new or a much loved model, what better way to introduce well made knives to someone who may otherwise never experience that.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005