I wish they would bring back.....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
archangel

Re: I wish they would bring back.....

Post by archangel »

One more vote for the SpydeRench. I know it's most likely in vain, but....
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

I will always be a big fan of the Dyad . It was was the second Spyderco I ever owned . Getting a new old stock was a dream come true . Like any knife it has pluses and minuses. I know what they are and make the most of it . I wish they would upgrade and tweak the PE just a bit and it would be all I would need . Thank you showing pics . MG2
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
sal

Post by sal »

Peter and I are working on an "improved version with the "Hump" lower in the handle on the unused blade. Then Roque will make a hand made prototype. Then we'll re-evaluate.

sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

Very exciting news!!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'd like to see the Kiwi 4 come back in a different steel.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I vaguely remember a thread about switching sides with the blades for lefty one-hand opening, the Dyad being one of the few Spydies where it makes much difference for lefty one-hand use. I hope it will be possible to shift the blades in the new model.
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:54 pm
Me too, or even in any steel :-)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Toucan

Post by Toucan »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:54 pm
Heck yeah. I'd love a chance to get a Kiwi 4. K390 or any Japanese carbon steels like aogami would be really cool.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I'd hope for K390 in the K4.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
MyelinSheath&Borborygmi

Post by MyelinSheath&Borborygmi »

I want Kiwi 4 to be reborn as a lightweight variant. I made a post about it in the past. Sprint run of the g10 version be very welcome as well; in hap40, Super Gold 2 or V-Toku 2.
Araignee

Post by Araignee »

sal wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:41 pm
Peter and I are working on an "improved version with the "Hump" lower in the handle on the unused blade. Then Roque will make a hand made prototype. Then we'll re-evaluate.

sal
I'd love to get a Dyad Jr. and the following pic got me thinking :

How about making one of the two blades (and associated linerlock) DLC black ? This way it could make identifying each plain/serrated blade easier at a glance ; the same would go for identfying which lock to action in order to retract which blade.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

archangel wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:44 am
Right there with you, and I'll cast one for the Dyad too. It's a very intriguing knife!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The lowered hump in the Dyad sounds great, to improve hand comfort during any kind of lengthy cutting... as long as the blades are swappable for lefties ;-)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

double post
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Jerome Howard wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:46 pm
I'm sure this has been done before, but I sure wish they would bring back this one, The Dyad. I used and abused mine, and it never failed me. Until I dropped it overboard.

Anyone else miss this knife?
The C-44 Dyad was one of my very first Spyderco folders that EDCed for a little over a year way back around 2003. Having both a full PE blade and one fully serrated blade is truly the best of both worlds. I still carry one of my original ATS-55 models from time to time.

As well engineered as that knife is I'm holding out hope that they will at some point do another double-bladed folder. Even the smaller Dyad JR model was a nice model as well.

But I'm not going to stop at the Dyad model. So many models from that era has always been special for me.
Mchld

Post by Mchld »

archangel wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:44 am
Man I've looked for years for a spyderench under $500 would kill for them to bring it back. I've even looked into creating an llc to become a distributor, because Sal has said they kept the tooling and would bring it back if someone filed a big enough order. Think enough other people would be interested to make it worth it?