Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JSumm

Re: Most Noble Order of the Sock Drawer

Post by JSumm »

Bolster wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:59 pm
^ I thought we WERE a gang. The Sock Drawer Gang.

Denizens of the Drawer. Sultans of Sock.
As long as we get to snap our fingers in unison as we enter a room.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

We are soooo dangerous :winking-tongue

:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
Snacktime

Post by Snacktime »

Not feeling the roof top, I'm more of a grocery store ninja.
My socks carry tip up MNOSD Member 0021
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

It’s blowing and snowing, cat is reading newspaper, I need a haircut , and I finally realize that I am a member of a notorious gang bent on the destruction of sock drawer bias . It will be fine . 0002
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
LakeOconee

Post by LakeOconee »

Greetings of the day to the esteemed membership of this Most Noble Order.

Egads! this whole T-shirt saga with online custom sellers boggles my mind!

Maybe just make the artwork available to members, who could then have a local shop print what they wanted?

We might thus be a more “secret” Order?

In other news:

Based on previous recommendations in this thread, I have just ordered four pair of Darn Tough socks.

I look forward to the experiment, as does Mrs #0037, as one of her hobbies is sock drawer maintenance.

We will soon see if the current white cotton socks get evicted and the DT socks get the knife all to themselves.

Yours in service, #0037.

ETA:
I think the Creature form Lake Sinclair has opened the cigar box; his teeth appear to be Spyderco blades.
Some are satin finish, some are black coated, very frightening to look upon...
:bug-red-white MNOSD Member #0037
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Very exciting on the DTs. I love my only pair.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Hey guys! We need to help a member find an Endela K390 SE ! If anyone sees one available post it here to give him a hand . It’s not me but you can still make fun of me . 0002
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:52 pm
Hey guys! We need to help a member find an Endela K390 SE ! If anyone sees one available post it here to give him a hand . It’s not me but you can still make fun of me . 0002
Everything I am seeing Dan is out of stock or Pre-order. I am wondering if these ever officially hit the market.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Looks like the only SE in the K390 in the larger size available right now is the Police 4.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JSumm wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:07 pm
Looks like the only SE in the K390 in the larger size available right now is the Police 4.
Yeah I did some checking. It’s a rare bird 🦅. DLT says coming soon . Thank you Jeff .
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

I am that SE endela stalker. I’ve got an eye out! Thank your for yours too! 😜
Was never a space cadet, but with LC200N I might be more in space than a cadet.

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Kevinim82 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Well the cat is out of the bag ! He really needs this knife to defend himself and family from the lake monster. This is a desperate situation. 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:19 pm
Kevinim82 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Well the cat is out of the bag ! He really needs this knife to defend himself and family from the lake monster. This is a desperate situation. 0002
That 50 ft beast has all the SG2 “Drop” Delica 4’s, how else to attempt to overtake Lake Sinclairs pest without K390 in SE? Only the gold found on the SG2 Delica backspacer is pure enough to cure my poor nephews chronic gold/Spyderco deficiency. This is a desperate family situation! To think my nephews hands are cursed with only the muscle memory of a RIL!

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThis situation requires desperate measures ! In most cases like this 0005 would be my go to guy , but he is already overwhelmed with many responsibilities. So I went outside our group and recruited a heavy hitter , ruthless , cunning , with the quickness of a snake . Code name Herb . Hopefully you will feel better and sleep well tonight . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:32 pm
This situation requires desperate measures ! In most cases like this 0005 would be my go to guy , but he is already overwhelmed with many responsibilities. So I went outside our group and recruited a heavy hitter , ruthless , cunning , with the quickness of a snake . Code name Herb . Hopefully you will feel better and sleep well tonight . 0002
I always feel better sleeping knowing Herb is watching.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageThese company is a class act . They definitely track every move when you go on site and they have your info . Got this late last night . They tracked me looking at this T-shirt and send an email to push me to buy it . Neat guys ! Still no reply though from my email . So I unsubscribed. Butt Clowns . 0002
Henry David Thoreau
Fireman

Post by Fireman »

Seems they don’t have the staff or don’t care, so I think I will find another company
:winking-tongue Mule Team Army 001
MNOSD 008 :usflag
Image Stable Mules; Z-Max, Z-Wear, Magna Cut, SRS13, Rex 76, Rex T15.
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:37 am
These company is a class act . They definitely track every move when you go on site and they have your info . Got this late last night . They tracked me looking at this T-shirt and send an email to push me to buy it . Neat guys ! Still no reply though from my email . So I unsubscribed. Butt Clowns . 0002
Dan, put the electricity down and walk away from the electricity. It is sharp and pokey.

Yeah, I agree. This company is a big bummer.
- Jeff
MNOSD Member #0005
Kevinim82

Post by Kevinim82 »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:32 pm
ImageThis situation requires desperate measures ! In most cases like this 0005 would be my go to guy , but he is already overwhelmed with many responsibilities. So I went outside our group and recruited a heavy hitter , ruthless , cunning , with the quickness of a snake . Code name Herb . Hopefully you will feel better and sleep well tonight . 0002
Hahha! I have a Herb, he is a designer and made the local graphic for my cities community watch program. With all the skills listed of Herb, we might be talking about the same guy!

MNOSD 0009
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Herb isn’t his real name it’s his local nick name . Growing up everyone had a nickname , a lot of guys nickname was name of their father . My parents moved from my home town to a city nearby and eventually divorced. When I moved back to my home town my junior year in high school I didn’t quite fit in . My last high school was a semi private high school for advanced learning and social norms were very different . So when I went to school my first day for the big first day speech in the gymnasium I was wearing a pair of Levi 501 jeans , Triumph T-shirt , Lennon wire rims , and longer hair . Everyone else were wearing their brand new duds and looked at me like I was from Mars . So I was given my nick name : Hippie, which stuck ! Herb is actually a retired computer programmer, has been a friend since second grade , and is not trusted with knives . Herb is actually Steve . 0002
Henry David Thoreau