Chris Reeve Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: Chris Reeve Knives

Post by TkoK83Spy »

SG89 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:40 pm
Have the inkosi inlays always been micarta or do they ever do wood for them?
I've only seen micarta to this point. It would be cool if they gave it inlay love like the Sebenza. I absolutely love that Inkosi Insingo. Action is smooth as glass on mine as well. Definitely the smoothest of the 4 I've had. Which normally isn't a big deal to me, but makes me happy opening and especially letting it drop shut with a subtle shake. I'm also very lucky that the ergos are perfect for my hand, add those inlays and it's a hand filling dream.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I hear so many good things about Chris Reeve's folders, and I'm a believer, they look great. I have one of the fixed blades too, a Green Beret.

But if they would just release a 4 inch blade, drop point, I'd buy one.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Naperville wrote: I hear so many good things about Chris Reeve's folders, and I'm a believer, they look great. I have one of the fixed blades too, a Green Beret.

The 3.6” blade on my Sebenza gives off some serious BDE, fwiw - my fiancée thinks it’s way bigger than my 3.5” Stretch. :zany
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Phallic comes to mind, LOL! There is definitely room for mid-size CRK's...a 3.25" Inkosi Insingo would be perfect.
So it goes.
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

Naperville wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:23 pm
I hear so many good things about Chris Reeve's folders, and I'm a believer, they look great. I have one of the fixed blades too, a Green Beret.

Would you consider the Umnumzaan? It has a nearly 3.7" blade.
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 pm
Phallic comes to mind, LOL! There is definitely room for mid-size CRK's...a 3.25" Inkosi Insingo would be perfect.
I'd second this!
Current Top 3
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

SpyderLine wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:19 am
Naperville wrote:

I'll have to look at them.

Trying to fill a hole in my collection between 4 and 7 inch folders and fixed blades because that is what I'm thinking of carrying in the Winter. Especially when I get 5 to 10 years older, if I should be lucky enough to be here. Most of my knives are smaller than 3.7, or 7 inches and larger. I do not think smaller knives provide adequate self defense. Larger knives are just impossible to carry legally where I currently live.

Bad guys don't care. They carry unregistered firearms.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:42 pm
Cleaning out the popcorn machine at the theatre?

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 pm
SpyderLine wrote:
Naperville wrote:

Trying to fill a hole in my collection between 4 and 7 inch folders and fixed blades because that is what I'm thinking of carrying in the Winter. Especially when I get 5 to 10 years older, if I should be lucky enough to be here. Most of my knives are smaller than 3.7, or 7 inches and larger. I do not think smaller knives provide adequate self defense. Larger knives are just impossible to carry legally where I currently live.

I just do it anyway. Especially with a folder, I figure my chances of being stopped are slim to none anyway, and in the event that I do finally get stopped the officer is unlikely to consider my pocket knife. In the exceedingly rare chance they do, and I can’t talk them out if it, they’ll almost certainly be the kind of cop who will “let me off with a warning,” and keep it for their private collection. If that’s the consequence, I figure I’ll just carry what I please and chance it. How many days of useful blade length will I get out of that knife? I bet plenty.

Then again, other folks in other areas will definitely have other experiences, and I get that.

SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

Naperville wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:33 pm
SpyderLine wrote:
Naperville wrote:

I think you'd really dig the CRK Umnumzaan! I'm fortunate enough to live in a reasonably safe area. So I've never had to use or consider using my knife for self defense.
Current Top 3
M.N.O.S.D #0034

-Theodore Roosevelt
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

$450+ for a knife just for self defense... yikes!!

-Rick
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 pm
$450+ for a knife just for self defense... yikes!!
Although I could probably sell off $2500 in knives because they are merely collectors items and not really self defense knives, I probably have $22000 in self defense knives and impact weapons.

Even looking at a Linos Kydex Sheath Neck Sheath for my Native 5 in Maxamet. I look at every edged tool through one or two lenses: self defense or bushcrafting, and I don't have many of the latter.

https://linossheathworks.com/products/s ... ing-knives

My collection is pretty modern having started to collect less than 4 years ago. Sure I have a Randall Model #14 from 94, but I was not collecting. I do not have too many knives below S35VN.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

For that money, I bet that's a pretty impressive collection.

-Rick
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:30 pm
For that money, I bet that's a pretty impressive collection.
Thank you!!! It covers most bases.

OT:

I'm a prepper at heart. We plan to bug-in. We have around 3 months of food for 2 people, 1 months worth of freeze dried food good for 35 years, and are looking to buy more.

If you don't have a shelf or two of food, I'd think about stocking up. The trucking in Canada and the USA is FUBARD because they are requiring vaccines.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

If anyone wants to point me in the direction of a large insingo inkosi with inlays, I'd be much obliged
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

SG89 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:27 am
If anyone wants to point me in the direction of a large insingo inkosi with inlays, I'd be much obliged
I heard that DLT was getting a drop of around 60 Inkosis this week, but I did not see anything about which configurations.

I also heard they were releasing their stock of Crucarta PM2s this week, but no updates there yet.

Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

I'll keep an eye out.
So it goes.
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

kennethsime wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:32 am
SG89 wrote:
I heard that DLT was getting a drop of around 60 Inkosis this week, but I did not see anything about which configurations.

I also heard they were releasing their stock of Crucarta PM2s this week, but no updates there yet.
I really wish you would've PM'ed SG so I wouldn't have read that..... now I'll be checking DLT this week.
Current Top 3
M.N.O.S.D #0034

-Theodore Roosevelt
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

SpyderLine wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:12 am
kennethsime wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:32 am
SG89 wrote:

I really wish you would've PM'ed SG so I wouldn't have read that..... now I'll be checking DLT this week.
:shush